Northallerton Wartime Weekend

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
robin

Northallerton Wartime Weekend

Post by robin »

Northallerton Wartime Weekend – 2010
Dates: Weekend of 9/10th October 2010 (10 am – 4 pm)

Venue: Allerton Court Hotel, Northallerton
Updates and info available on my website http://www.panzer21.com

All proceeds to charity

What’s Happening:

Living History Sites
See troops from the Second World War in their encampments near the front lines (Axis & Allied) (No SS - sorry)

Northern World War 2 Association
4th Indian Division Living History Group
Falaise Infantry Re-Enacted

Firing Displays

Each day at 2.30 there will be a display of the weapons, uniform and kit of the various forces engaged in the Second World War. This will include the use of blank firing weapons and pyrotechnics.

Other Displays

Northallerton & District Local History Society will be providing a display of their recent projects as well as a Second World War themed display

The North Yorkshire County Library; and the County Records Office have also kindly agreed to provide topical displays

Military Vehicles
Vehicles confirmed so far include:

Kubelwagen
Mercedes Staff Car
Motorcycle and Side Car
Dodge Weapons Carrier

Traders
There will be a number of stalls at the event selling 1040’s memorabilia

Nostalgia Evening

“The Moonlight Serenaders” will be performing a range of wartime and post war songs (from 7.30)
We also have some wartime newsreel and other film footage (courtesy of http://www.thehistorynetwork.com)
Tickets for Evening Entertainment £10 (includes a Pie and Pea Supper) (Late Bar)
Tickets available from Allerton Court Hotel or Tel: 01609 781717 or 07976 624029

Charities: Help for Heroes and the Ben Hyde Memorial Trust

Lance-Corporal Benjamin John McGowan Hyde was killed in action in southern Iraq on 24 June whilst serving with 156 Provost Company, Royal Military Police. Aged 23, he came from Northallerton.
Reich Crispies

Re: Northallerton Wartime Weekend

Post by Reich Crispies »

Will try to get there Robin, but its the weekend before NYMR.
I'm usually down there building stuff!

Still, its for a good cause, so me and the KDF might make an appearance (as Heer) :wink:
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
robin

Re: Northallerton Wartime Weekend

Post by robin »

Would be great to see you, and any of your lads there Neil, although appreciate you will be busy with the following weeks event at NYMR. If you need any space reserving drop me a line and I will make sure you have a pitch.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”