What shows & UK Events can W-SS be worn ?

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
ANDY301

What shows & UK Events can W-SS be worn ?

Post by ANDY301 »

Hi all,

Just a follow up to the black/political SS uniform topic thread at W&P.

Could I have a complete list of (known) UK events or sites (such as preserved railways etc) that stage 40's events that ACCEPT Waffen SS impressions ? I'm currently doing a standard Waffen SS impression, smock and the usual combat kit etc. As I have the SS runes on clear view i'd like to know where im welcome (or not welcome) through the year.

I've heard that the North Yorkshire Moors can be a bit funny about it ? Is this true ?

All help appreciated.

Andy
sparky

Re: What shows & UK Events can W-SS be worn ?

Post by sparky »

nothing wrong with ss ( Waffen ss) at nymr as long as you book in with das reich and are deemed ok to join in!
you can only stay at levisham station though no travelling on the line unless you are in non german clothing
NYMR is a great event for us and other groups as the isolation brings a sense of unity.
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
ANDY301

Post by ANDY301 »

Thanks Sparky appreciated.

I'm not part of any group as I cant commit full time to events so I do my own impression. I've built it up over the past year researching and buying the best kit from Richard Underwood and Thomas at Zeug.

Andy
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Peak Rail is fine about it...
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
barryG

Post by barryG »

I can tell you that the Watercress Line in Hampshire wont allow it, nor the Bluebell Railway. I would suggest you contact them individually and stress that you do Waffen SS and not Allgemeine... most rail volunteers wont know the difference, probably why they are so anti on the whole. Also, dont forget many rail events are Home front so understandably dont accept any Axis.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”