Allgemeine SS at war and peace

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Reich Crispies

Re: Allgemeine SS at war and peace

Post by Reich Crispies »

The guy I talked to seemed younger, but it could have been the guy in the middle.
Could there have been more that one group there?
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
dagda

Post by dagda »

Yep I saw the SD bloke as well not good, he kept away from me probably something to do with the smell!! WTF where those clowns thinking? I have to be said I wasnt up the beer tent much! A tenner for 3 cans of guinness and a blackcurrent for the boy! Back to the woods for me. Also a few people told me they saw a few people going around in KZ pyjamas, make of that what you will.

On another note what happened the soldatenheim? I was so looking forward to that as I missed it last year!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

barryG

Post by barryG »

I saw these guys walking toward the beer tent one night, they had another couple of guys with them too. As for the pyjama lot, there were four or five of them walking around during the day, I think it was Saturday? No idea what point they were trying to make, they just looked like they had got out of bed and forgot to get dressed!

Maybe its about time someone allowed political uniforms in a controlled way, it is after all history and cant be whitewashed etc. If there was a group for those who like that type of thing then perhaps we would stop seeing them trying to stir things up in the evening etc? Maybe if it became legit then they would get bored even? Who knows but as long as there is a huge stigma about it all, then those that like to cause offence or shock will continue to attend these shows.

One thing I saw which surprised me was genuine reenactors posing for photos with that Belgian idiot in the Gauleiter uniform... now they should know better.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

dagda wrote: Also a few people told me they saw a few people going around in KZ pyjamas,
There were a good number in the mornings in British army surplus PJ's, I didn't see any KZ stylings myself.
How would you control the political uniforms BarryG? It's easier to not permit them at all.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

On another note what happened the soldatenheim? I was so looking forward to that as I missed it last year!
Thought we would do something different.
Its at Detling though for Military Odyssey.
Belgian idiot in the Gauleiter uniform
Heard about this but didnt see him.
dagda

Post by dagda »

I didnt see the KZ thing but it was told me by a few people, and it they were floating around in the evening. I kept walking by it last year(soldatenheim) and I thought it was one of the best ideas I had seen!
Last edited by dagda on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I stopped the Gauleiter and his bint in response to complaints and a radio call. I was in the process of having him removed from site when he removed the offending items as I spoke to him and he offered to spend the rest of the show in civvies. So compromise was made - ALTHOUGH this is the THIRD YEAR he has done this and he KNOWS he is in breach of the rules.
He was informed that if stopped next year he WILL be removed with no reservation AND Banned permenantly.

I TAKE ACTION - Maybe some of you should?
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

what's the difference between a Gauleiter and the HJ, BDM? for me all the same. If political uniforms are baned that's a shame as RAD and NSFK are also political as almost every organisation in that time. I realy don't see any problem in a group with shiny spades or with a replica wooden glider!

don't get me wrong I'll be the last to forbid something! I hate it when other people forbid other people what to wear as it is done here in the rest of Europe all the time... Is it smart to wear the named uniforms in this tread is another question...
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
meyer

Post by meyer »

Hmmmm thinking time ........ what is the law in the uk on this ie what is banned ? and what is just very bad/no taste? ps am in no way surporting these allgemine muppets just what to know where they should be picking up soap or just put in a small room with padded walls.
sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

I think after the issues with wearing/not wearing the burka in Europe and govt officials have gone on record as saying " its not up to them to dictate what people can or cant wear on the streets in Britain" that its pretty much open house?

I suspect it has a lot to do with context - wearing WW2 German uniform outside a synagogue might be construed as anything from a public order offence to inciting racial hatred.
Some may argue that people wearing WW2 German " political" uniform at a venue where people are wearing WW2 German military uniform is perfectly in context.

Some people have expressed horror and outrage at re-enactors dressing children up as HJ or BDM as they may be construed as "political" uniforms .Others have said that they are reflecting what would have been worn in the streets of Germany during the war years .

I have always supported re-enactors who wear W-SS uniforms against organisers who wont allow SS at events although I can see the point of view that some may regards W-SS as extremists /murderers /not proper soldiers etc etc .
KDF

Post by KDF »

Completely edited to say....I agree with the Black uniformed SS and political uniforms being banned at W&P and any other UK events before we find ourselves as a hobby having bans put on us by public or govt led lobbies.

And yes I waffle , alot.
Last edited by KDF on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder member of AFRA.
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

Food for thought KDF, especially the last paragraph.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

dagda wrote:I didnt see the KZ thing but it was told me by a few people, and it they were floating around in the evening. I kept walking by it last year(soldatenheim) and I thought it was one of the best ideas I had seen!
I saw them too. Three or four guys late teens/early twenties. Aye, granted they may have been brit surplus jammies since I did see a stall with boxes of them the same but the stripey blue and whiteness seemed enough for them to stumble around barefoot in them for what was three days.

The thing is, you can buy a lot worse than an SS political uniform at the show - I mean why on earth would someone want a t shirt with ss runes on it, hell even Hitler if they're not a neo nazi?
You can even buy tins of nuts marked "zyclon B".... Perhaps the show needs to whittle out the vendors that encourage this sort of behaviour as well as removing people in 'edgey' garb from the site.
barryG

Post by barryG »

I reckon as long as its banned in reenactment circles, the wearing of Allgemeine and other political uniforms will continue. Its some peoples human nature to be controversial and cause offence. Personally, I see no place for pre war Allgemeine at reenactment events portraying WW2, but SD and golden pheasants were around during the war so as we have BDM/HJ then whats the difference? I dont really agree with dressing youngsters up as they have no concept of what they are doing, be it Axis or Allied but thats for parents to decide upon.

As for grown men deciding to portray political figures from the very recent past that took part in horrific crimes, well only a certain person will do that and they need to question themselves as to why they portray it. With all the Allgemeine promenaders, SD etc Ive only ever seen high ranks, never EM etc. It seems these people just want to look important and have no idea of history and the people involved in it.

Anyway, Im sure we will be continually discussing these folk as long as they see it as being daring/naughty or just downright distasteful... like I said earlier if proper reenactors had a legit group with uniforms of political organisations then a lot of these people would get bored and dissapear. Maybe in the future when its not so painful in peoples memories then it could be done, but for now it is giving the rest of us bad press.

Whenever I see a veteran I always feel a slight sense of should I be wearing this, but so far have never had a negative comment from one. In fact at Beltring an 86 year old Normandy veteran actually approached me and asked if he could have his picure taken with a couple of us! We had a very good chat and he seemed really happy to be with us, but I bet if he saw those idiots in Allgemeine he wouldnt have been so cheerful.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

I mean why on earth would someone want a t shirt with ss runes on
We wear "Das Reich" tee shirts, as I'm sure you wear Ranger ones, these have the runes in the title under the Wolfsangel.
We are having some made without the runes, but with the Wolfsangel retained.

Zyclon B peanuts however is totally sick.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”