Derbyshires Number 1 Living History Event!!

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
JDR

Re: Derbyshires Number 1 Living History Event!!

Post by JDR »

heh, I remember the days when we had young kids, carting them around at weekends for 'something to do' and spinning out the day with a nice picnic - I didn't see anyone getting picnics out for the kids at this event, is this alien to the latest generation to parents?).
I went to Beamish open air museum last weekend, we took a picnic and there were many there that did also. Regarding pricing Beamish have got an offer on at the moment a year pass costs the same as a day pass Also visted Alnwick Gardens on the saturday and they are charging kids a poenny to get in. Looks like even the big attractions are looking at ways to get the mops through the doors.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
muller sbg

Re: Derbyshires Number 1 Living History Event!!

Post by muller sbg »

i attended this event with another member of my new group fj44, we attended with a view to putting a display on there next year.
as a 10 year veteran of re-enacting i have never had to pay to attend a show when putting on a display,dont think my group would be up for paying next year,so i hope they dont charge re-enactors who are putting on a display .
on the subject of cost i feel that £10 per person to get in is high for a new event that is not established,even though the evening event was very good and lola lamour was great,i would like to see a half price discount for re-enactors as with out us there is no show,,
however the lay out was great the camping area was very good and the loo,s were very good, lots of stores and a reasonable priced bar.. :D

Return to “UK reenactment and events”