Le Visham (NYMR 2010)

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
barryG

Re: Le Visham (NYMR 2010)

Post by barryG »

Last year we had a B&B, this year we dont so whats the deal re the camping? Is it just turn up and pitch or do we need to book etc please?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Barry - Space is tight - Contact Reich Crispies on here to make arrangements.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Paul is correct space is tight. If you want plastic camping, we have a small area about 100 metres from the station.
Period tents only will go in the paddock area, which is in full view of the public.
Can you advise me of which you need, and size of tent?
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
barryG

Post by barryG »

PM sent, thanks.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Just to get you in the mood, heres a couple of videos from previous years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkPGfQSK ... re=related(2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkPGfQSK ... re=related (2009)

Happy days.........
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Following on from last years displays, I would like to state the following:

"Any re-enactor or member of the public will not be allowed access to the station if wearing Allgemeine or SD uniforms"

Any one found depicting any of these units will be removed from the station by the bone-fide re-enactors and the station staff. We had two instances of this last year, and were not having anymore.
Could any forum member who may know of any group or individuals who depict these impressions please make this known to them before hand, as getting booted off the station may lead to embarassment :D

Thank you!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Just returned from the station delivering kit. The staff have worked hard to make the station ready for the yearly invasion.
I'm really looking forward to this one.
The script and scenario promise to be a winner. Just hope you all enjoy it as much as last years effort.
That really is a hard act to follow! :P

You might need the following to get to Levisham Station

Directions from Pickering

Take the A169 towards Whitby.
Just after the Fox and Rabbit pub (on your right) there is a turning to Lockton and Levisham on your left.
Drive through Lockton and stay on the main road and follow the sign for Levisham.
Levisham Station is located 1 mile from the village of Levisham. When entering Levisham, drive through the village and take the left-hand road past the Horse Shoe Inn ( the postcode for this pub is YO18 7NL. Follow this road for about a mile, and you will find Levisham Station

See you next friday. I will be there from 09:00. Please dont put any tents up without checking with me first!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Forgot to add, if any attending re-enactors are vegitarians, get in touch ASAP regarding the saturday meal

Cheers
Neil
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

one of the best events of the year, really looking forward to it see you all Saturday Morning.

mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

sparky

Post by sparky »

my favourite event but i suppose it should be lol :lol:
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
barryG

Post by barryG »

Good pics there, I never saw the 109 scenario over the whole weekend! Met some great people, must have looked through more womens bags and gents cases than Ive had hot dinners. Have a massive sore throat from too much talking and drinking, the crowds were huge on the platforms this year which made it hard to really interact with the public on the platforms, but we just went and did that around the station cafe areas. Great event as usual, shame about the Allgemiene idiot who 8 of us saw the day before and told him NOT to come to Levisham... he just ignored that but what a prize pratt he looked. On the good side, was nice to see two independant reenactors that normally appear in Allgemeine or similar turning up in civvies and more appropriate uniform.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

To all attending re-enactors:

I cant really express in words the gratitudeand admiration I hold you all in at this moment.
Though under difficult, exhausting and demanding conditions, you worked so very hard to delivery quite possibly the best display, not only at Levisham, but maybe the entire season.
Understaffed though we were, most ignored tired limbs and ploughed through scene after scene, hour after hour, shunning tea breaks and going where needed and performing for the public and our well loved station staff.

Public response was superb, plaudits from the NYMR staff and office kept coming all weekend long. We were once again the busiest station on the line, breaking our own personal best for attendance and money raised.

On a high all weekend, but worthy of note were:
The near death experience of the noob in the crappy SS uniform once I got my hands on him, our new found star of stand up humour and grenade training, the hen party, the trannies, the Saturday night party (who would have thought PD, Martin and Nelz were such good dancers?), the terrific crash scenario complete with slightly toasted pilots, and train after train after train, and car after car after car of happy punters.

To all who said they would come, and did. I salute you.
To those who said they would come but couldn’t. You missed a very special weekend.
To those who said they would come but didn’t, leaving us struggling and exhausted. Read the St. Crispin day speech……………..

Pictures can be found at :
http://pickeringatwar.blogspot.com/
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

cheers neil :wink:

knackering
thats how i can describe ..le visham this year

but on that note
i absolutely enjoyed it

even to the point where i got blotto and even jumped up on table to dance
now we all know that aint me .....pmsl

managed to gulp down a few coffees in between the trains
yes literaly two .........jeees :roll: ... :lol:

loved the grenade training ...went down well ...
and must say this ...
the guy doing the chat was bloody excellent
shamefully i have forgotten his name ..but im sure you all know how a hard working guy he was tirelessly training the troops to the point of lost voice

well done

all.......................
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

THE TRANNIES!!!!!

Allegedly I led a conga to "One Step Beyond" - - - The person who made me aware of this fact may think they did me a favour - Perhaps I would have preferred NOT to remember it!!!!! :lol:

Not had the opportunity or felt comfy enough to get completely wankered for many a while - Levisham however changed all that -
As ever - big thanks to all - Station Staff and volunteers for sharing their beautiful haven with us - Neil and his team for the tireless efforts setting it up and running it - All the people who came HUNDREDS of miles to attend and join in to make a TEAM that works.......

Special personal thanks to Neil for allowing me to have a complete chill - no bangs, no front of house - Just a tranquil little spot to pitch and the gate to man in my new found and very enjoyable role of FG.

Pickering is a unique little happening in a sea of same as same as events. Long may it continue.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”