Le Visham (NYMR 2010)

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
jonboy 85th

Re: Le Visham (NYMR 2010)

Post by jonboy 85th »

You are still pissed :lol:
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

Reich Crispies wrote:More pictures available on: http://davidlindsley.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/85/

Unfortunately also showing the "noob" :evil:

I like that it's called "Nazi War Weekend" you bad bad men...
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I love this.....
Below is someone dressed in a Nazi gestapo uniform. I was told by many of the other Men that he shouldn’t have been here dressed up in that as it is particularly controversial and confrontational due to the added negative connotations it holds. I find it a particularly interesting uniform due to this and how bold and strong looking it is.

Yep - it's interesting - with the rubber boots, the modern mac, the brown briefcase and the police uniform converted to SS..... the AharJimLad orfentik eye patch and the OR belt buckle. Then there is the 70s wedding kipper tie knot.......... the white Derren Nesbitt shirt and the non matching insignia set on the hat. Particularly love the zombie eye contact lens but wait - Our man the photographer likes the bold and strong look of it......... SO is it really all about aesthetics? have we been doing it wrong all these years?????? Should we simply bling up like pages from Brian L Davies?

I just shake my head sometimes - What this chump pictured above doesn't have however is the family of friends who surround you at an event....... All he could do was wander around aimlessly feeling ever so slightly insecure and out of place.

Perhaps next year - Neil could theme Le Visham as SD/A-SS Transit stop and we could pretend to be loading transports to the East? ALL OF US in Black and Grey uniforms - Armbands akimbo and the ladies in SS Helferin uniforms with jackboots, crops and Alsatian dogs..... Two sentry boxes either side of the cattle grid and check the papers of EVERYONE coming down the hill - Now THERE'S an idea - and of course we coudl test out Beds and Herts theory of there being a place adn context for Allgemeine kit -

"TONY HOLE!!!!!! ANY CHANCE OF A DISCOUNT ON A BULK BUY????"
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Best reenactor award For North York Moors 2010 goes to......................

Marmaduke Madasastick!!!!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Love it. Perhaps this should be adopted throughout the hobby.
Wouldnt need so many bods for a battle then. :D
Come on "Schenk" lets have a couple of comments then?
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

I remember Tommy Cooper doing this in one of his comedy routines,Allg;SS/British officer,in the days you could joke about such things and PC had not yet raised its ugly head. :lol:
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
barryG

Post by barryG »

Met up with him on Friday, mad as a hatter and very funny :lol:

That photographer quoted seems to have issues with Axis reenactment, but interestingly finds the bloke who offends us the most interesting! Funny old world.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

barryG wrote:Met up with him on Friday, mad as a hatter and very funny :lol:

That photographer quoted seems to have issues with Axis reenactment, but interestingly finds the bloke who offends us the most interesting! Funny old world.

thats a good point barry :wink:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Sorry for the late reply....
Hats off to Neil, Das Reich, all the reenactors and the accomodating station staff.
Again a superlative event - Those Magic gates at the top of the hill certainly work eh ?!
Michelle & I had a brilliant weekend and as part of the KSK contingent thank you all.
Just goes to show what a common goal & interest can achieve. Levisham is this hobbies hidden wonder - Whilst we`re sad more people don`t attend, we`re also glad because it keeps the show more intimate for us that do get up there.
110% for the show. 150% for the party !!!!
I salute you all !!!
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Those Magic gates at the top of the hill certainly work eh ?!
And long may they continue to do so.
Just back from the station, recovering some kit.
Station crew send thier regards and thanks. "The best weekend weve had so far"

Well done to each and every one of the team that made this such a memorable weekend.

Moves are afoot for a small show in the spring at the station, more on this when I have it.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

again , sorry for th late reply,

and very sorry we couldnt stay for the weekend,
as usual, le-visham is the jewel in the re enactment calendar and ANY railway event, neil and the DR guys never fail to impress,..i LOVED the me109

we were up for just the saturday, with mickys mum and her dog in tow, also we brought a very special guest,
herta our 89 year old neighbour who served with the DRK in berlin throughout the war
she was quite taken aback by it all hadnt seen anything like it in over 60 years, i think it shook her a little as she experienced things at the event which brought back some good as well as some bad memories.....but she will be back next year god willing.

thanks for the warm welcome and we both hope to see you all in the not too distant future

regards

nick + micky

ps. i was in my uboat kit and tried driving my car in the river...not a good move mitsubishis dont build good u-boats...looked like i was in the paris dakkar rally after i got out :lol:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Reich Crispies wrote:
Those Magic gates at the top of the hill certainly work eh ?!
And long may they continue to do so.
Just back from the station, recovering some kit.
Station crew send thier regards and thanks. "The best weekend weve had so far"

Well done to each and every one of the team that made this such a memorable weekend.

Moves are afoot for a small show in the spring at the station, more on this when I have it.
oo count me in :wink:

les hearn

Post by les hearn »

DAS MEDIC wrote:again , sorry for th late reply,

and very sorry we couldnt stay for the weekend,
as usual, le-visham is the jewel in the re enactment calendar and ANY railway event, neil and the DR guys never fail to impress,..i LOVED the me109

we were up for just the saturday, with mickys mum and her dog in tow, also we brought a very special guest,
herta our 89 year old neighbour who served with the DRK in berlin throughout the war
she was quite taken aback by it all hadnt seen anything like it in over 60 years, i think it shook her a little as she experienced things at the event which brought back some good as well as some bad memories.....but she will be back next year god willing.

thanks for the warm welcome and we both hope to see you all in the not too distant future

regards

nick + micky

ps. i was in my uboat kit and tried driving my car in the river...not a good move mitsubishis dont build good u-boats...looked like i was in the paris dakkar rally after i got out :lol:
oo nick when she goes next year i will bring up the box for her to see :wink:

Johan Fink

Post by Johan Fink »

I can honestly say this is the best Railway event i've ever been to. The organisation was spot on from Neil, the display in the day was amazing with the 109 & the night time do was excellent with everyone in their best attire. Everyones effort was 100% & can't wait for the next one at Le Visham.

Alles bestens,
Johan.
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue W.A.R.S Das Reich 2nd SS

Return to “UK reenactment and events”