Le Visham (NYMR 2010)

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
meyer

Re: Le Visham (NYMR 2010)

Post by meyer »

Allegedly I led a conga to "One Step Beyond" - - - The person who made me aware of this fact may think they did me a favour - Perhaps I would have preferred NO to remember it!!!!
oh yes you did and next you will blame me for puting it on the the decks :lol: anyway big thanks to neil from kp1's newest dj
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Great event as always. Didn't do much to be honest other than stand and answer questions all weekend. Lots of happy punters though, many of them going away with new found knowledge and a greater appreciation of what it's all about. Thanks to Niel of course who did actually look a lot more chilled out once dinner time had passed on the Saturday so thanks must go to his NCO's who stepped up to the mark and everyone else who got into the swing of things.

Superb effort by Kerry(sorry if I have spelt that wrong) on the firing range, the public really loved it. Just the right amount of fact and comedy thrown in to keep them all watching.

If there's only one event I get to each year it would have to be this one.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

hanser

Post by hanser »

What a weekend, many many thanks to everyone who pitched up and worked their arses off all weekend to make this event the best we have ever done. Special thanks to our luftwaffe section for making the extra effort of travalling 300 miles towing an ME109, It would have been easier if it could actually fly, less travelling time and no bloody steep hills. Kerrie from KSK was amazing and I hope to see you and more of your group with us in the future. Martin, Nelz, Roy and Michelle if the rest of KSK can work and party as hard as you did, Make it one of your official events.
PD as always a pleasure and seeing you bopping away on saturday night was wonderful, I do hope that there is photographic proof.
Andy, Les and John Pyro champions and a work rate second to none, bloody good drinking/Dancing partners to boot.
Roger our only SBG member worked tirelessly from friday to sunday, top bloke thank you.
Dave Page with a fantastic radio room display, many thanks indeed.
Pete and Steve on the Decks..........Amazing, thank you

So many people to thank who helped our Das Reich guys make this weekend, if I have forgotten anyone I apologise but I`m still suffering with exaustion after my table dancing and Rescuing the pilot through the mud so many times during the weekend.
To all of Das Reich and Frau........you should be proud of yourselves and I thank you personally for putting up with my token officer impression and making me look reasonable.

A massive THANK YOU to Neil Robertson who once again has made this event with his forward planning and man management skills. I look forward to next year.
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

A big thanks to Neil and all the Das Riech lads for another great weekend. Even Neil got out shone by Kerrie, he had us laughing. Looking forward to next year.
Emil

Post by Emil »

Kameraden!

it was a privilege working with Das Reich once again at 'Le Vishame'. You made us guys from KSK very welcome. Huge thanks to Neil, the Levisham Station Staff and the Das Reich team for making the event the success it was, once again. I'm sorry I had to go so early on the Sunday but I know I left the demos there in very good hands.

A huge thanks too to Tim, whose extra sidearms and other weapons really added value to the weapons demo. Many thanks Tim - you were a real star! Thanks too to Malcolm and the other guys who turned up at the paddock, whose good humoured role playing really gave the audience at the paddock great entertainment, which is surely what it is all about, making sure they'll come back next year. Thanks also to Stabsarzt Christian Mueller and his Sanis, and also to the Battle for Britain group with their Me Bf 109 mock up - a hugely enjoyable action-packed 'incident'.

A big, big thanks too to Michelle and the others who kept my increasingly croaky hoarse voice oiled with much needed cups of tea and coffee.

It is beyond doubt that visitors to the Wartime Weekend throng to Levisham as the top attraction of the entire weekend, judging from feedback. And that is down entirely to Neil and Das Reich's enthusiasm and professionalism in ensuring the Germans at 'Le Vishame' will be THE place to go in the years to come.

Now, where can I get some 9mm red tip...........?
Emil

Post by Emil »

By the way many many thanks for the award on Sunday morning - totally unexpected and it is shared with all the guys and girls who did their bit too - I was only part of a bigger team - radio room, Sanis, platform team, drill team, gate guards, Feldpolizei - they all did a fantastic job.

Looking forward to next year and let's hope the weather is as kind to us then as it was on Sunday.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

More pictures available on: http://davidlindsley.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/85/

Unfortunately also showing the "noob" :evil:
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
sparky

Post by sparky »

you got the first letter wrong there neil, it should read 'boob' or tit if you want!
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
nelz

Post by nelz »

Well what can I say ??.... a brilliant Gig !! enjoyed every min of it !
Cheers Neil and Dave , top geezers , hope we can support you again next year.
A big thankyou for Kerrys unexpected award, I know he was very touched by the gesture, so good when a group members efforts are recognised by another group . again , thankyou. Excellent company throughout the weekend, and great to see different groups working together as a team, no politics, just good old re-enacting - as it should be.
So many memorable moments, so glad I made it this year. The meal and the do on the sat evening was fantastic also, Les H plays a mean Air Guitar - and whilst on the table !! .. our PD dances ! he does ! you saw him ! he does !! I was so busy all through the event I didn't get time to take many pics - but here's a few.

Once again, Neil , Dave , Tea Bag , Louise - all top geezers,... thankyou for such and enjoyable weekend - from all the Ksk Crew.

Kerry in Action at LeVisham pic by Barry G

Kerry receiving his well deserved award from Neil, the CO of Das Reich.

...then it was party time !!

Excellent meal and free beer on the night -- was fantastic !!

Great Company at the evening do !!

Some lovely Frau's arrived at the station - all in 40's kit !!
ooooh !! this is my fravorite - pity Roys in it !!!

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

ROFL PMSL
That "Cufftitle" will get one or two going!!!!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Shows are few and far between that make one feel so at home and welcome as this one.
One thing, an important one at that, is for us to not forget the fantastic station staff at Levisham.
Their support, good humour and friendship is a major contributing factor to the enjoyment we all got out of the weekend.
To Simon Barraclough and his station crew (who always look in on the forums) a huge thank you to each and everyone of the marvellous “Wombles”
See you all next year……..

……………………………..For operation “Vengeance!”
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

I heard there was a chuffin' cabaret :lol:
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Cracking picture from the weekend just in..........

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Would next year be called Unternehmen Vergeltungs then?
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

oo i do like that one
sandwiched between two luverly ladies :wink:

dont remember it tho

you sure it was this weekend ...or was i still pissed ...lol
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”