PRIVATE TACTICAL EVENT 16TH 17TH APRIL 2011 PIP PK

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Normandy44

Re: PRIVATE TACTICAL EVENT 16TH 17TH APRIL 2011 PIP PK

Post by Normandy44 »

FMROMMEL wrote:Now come on fellas we all had a great weekend, lets not spoil it now.
Ok there are some on all sides that dont get the hit. My rule is if i see the mussle flash and the guys face I take it as a hit, and I would always try and hit a guys who was face on, so he could see the same, and many times they did.
The biggest problem I saw was the guys firing over their head, not aimed just spraying brass, If you cant aim a shot how the hell are you going to hit anything? :lol: And that was seen on both sides of the field, so remember the great time we all had and forget the silly little spats PLEASE
cant Wait till next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage advice mate!
kgzohl

Post by kgzohl »

I for one had a good time, the question of taking hits is not worth arguing in my view but sportsmanship is important.

On the Sunday morning I only had 20 rounds left for the days battling, I moved forward to about 150m from the American positions and sat down behind a large old log to wait for the imminent attack. I made it fairly clear that I was around, I could see plenty of yanks and I know they saw me as I hoped they would, as I did not want to be bypassed when the big push began. After patiently waiting an hour and a half the yanks started to form up, I was correct in the assumption that they saw me as the first thing to ring out was a couple of bursts from a Thompson in my general direction, I returned fire from cover hoping that I could entice a squad attack on my position. Several 30 cal bursts started to come my way and I thought Ok they will soon be up and on me; I was looking forward to seeing a squad attack with 30 cal cover. As I was low on ammo I hoped to either get shot have the oppurtunity to try and withdraw or be captured as I thought this might be interesting for both parties. Unfortunately all that happened was a yank walked over to me and said "WHY DON'T YOU **** OFF?"

I was left with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth but I do not wish the fellow any ill will. I do think it was a missed oppurtunity on the Americans part though.
dagda

Post by dagda »

It was a fantastic event, great to see a lot of faces again! I agree I was watching the whole thing through field glasses. The funny thing is some of the teflon soldaten would have been hurting if it was airsoft! Thats how close they were! But **** it it was well worth the trip, my face was hurting from laughing, Roccoon hat and all!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

kgzohl wrote:I for one had a good time, the question of taking hits is not worth arguing in my view but sportsmanship is important.

On the Sunday morning I only had 20 rounds left for the days battling, I moved forward to about 150m from the American positions and sat down behind a large old log to wait for the imminent attack. I made it fairly clear that I was around, I could see plenty of yanks and I know they saw me as I hoped they would, as I did not want to be bypassed when the big push began. After patiently waiting an hour and a half the yanks started to form up, I was correct in the assumption that they saw me as the first thing to ring out was a couple of bursts from a Thompson in my general direction, I returned fire from cover hoping that I could entice a squad attack on my position. Several 30 cal bursts started to come my way and I thought Ok they will soon be up and on me; I was looking forward to seeing a squad attack with 30 cal cover. As I was low on ammo I hoped to either get shot have the oppurtunity to try and withdraw or be captured as I thought this might be interesting for both parties. Unfortunately all that happened was a yank walked over to me and said "WHY DON'T YOU **** OFF?"

I was left with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth but I do not wish the fellow any ill will. I do think it was a missed oppurtunity on the Americans part though.

Firstly, I appologise for not replying sooner and I have PMs that I cannot access as my computer just would not let me log on, so I have re joined the forum thus losing all info....
. Any PMs resend?.

KGZOHL..
Pip Pk events are actualy an attempt as best we can to achieve what it was like to be a ww2 soldier in combat scenario..., I do know all the arguments against this and cant argue with them, but I still think its worth a go to feel it/live it best we can.... However I have investigated your claim and indeed it is as you say above, even the "**** off" bit..., however the RED1 .30 cal team of 5 all agree that you were well and truly sprayed in 30.06 and you just stayed where you were.
They were giving covering fire to a x2 squad advance, is it really that realistic to be sitting on your own facing that..or in reality would you have been on your heels?...I know I would not have been around.
So, down to you. I personnely think your actions are of a blatter and not a reenactor looking for realism.20 rounds, take em home, the Yanks were truly pissed off with you for staying there ignoring their heavey fire.I think I have it on video and can clearly see you 30/40 ft away.
It takes all to contribute to abn event by their actions portraying a combat soldier of ww2 not John wayne or Rutger Haur.......Anyway, that's the deal.
Pete
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

These lads come from Holland, I am not an expert on Kraut kit but they looked good to me.
Fit as F##k so we tasked them to hit the AB jeeps as no one else would be able to keep ahead of them...LOL..
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Mind you, tackling Brit AB has its drawbacks...
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Pete,

KGZohl is by no means a blatter, not being able to make it to the event myself I can only assume his intention was to make his prescence known so the guys knew they were being attacked by a sniper (not uncommon during the German reverse advances of late 44 onwards). Had he not made his presence known the guys would not have taken any hits or knwon there was a sniper there.

This is pure conjecture on my part but once again I would say the chap in question is not your spray and pray sort of chap.

cheers

Matt
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hi Matt,
Missed you at the event....
Yeh Sean has PM'd me and although we have not swapped spit.... all is OK...
He being an ex MOD employee I know he knows his "stuff"...and as I said to him, re-enacting is more acting ...those RED1 boys went thru 4,000 rnds of ammo over the weekend ...
Also on the Axis side the GD Fusiliers Boys let loose with their chainsaw at Dales Rangers who were charging in on the flank as 30 guys of 83rd were giving covering fire, not a single bloke dropped!...so its on both sides. My FAULT ...Usually ask the lead elements of any attack to drop but I was so busy getting things done I forgot that part...
Anyway, all in all it went well and we missed you and the bikes!...
Hope you fancy next year Matt, all of Pip Pk will be available for you to cycle around....hopefully get some armour along, now that WILL prove tricky to marshal!...LOL
Pete
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

wolfsangel wrote:Pete,

KGZohl is by no means a blatter, not being able to make it to the event myself I can only assume his intention was to make his prescence known so the guys knew they were being attacked by a sniper (not uncommon during the German reverse advances of late 44 onwards). Had he not made his presence known the guys would not have taken any hits or knwon there was a sniper there.

This is pure conjecture on my part but once again I would say the chap in question is not your spray and pray sort of chap.

cheers

Matt

Can only agree with the above.KGZohl, is most defo not a blatter. Yep, in most scenarios, there can be confusion, and i'd hasten to add that this is probably how it was. Not, the case that the sniper wanted to fire off as much as he wanted/could.

Can't comment upon the US gun team, as i don't know them, and wasn't there. But, i do know KGZohl very well, and for what it's worth he has taught me a few things indeed concerning tacticals etc.

Pete, not a slant against you in any way, or looking for confrontation,just providing some insight into how KGZohl operates. A total player,110%.

Manny :wink:
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

All is cool Manny.
Sean is OK.
200 blokes moving doing tactical and this is about the only thing that seems to have gone wrong... and we're already sending it to bed.
Oh, Manny, next time you need some maps come to me, creeping into RED1 area and knicking their maps :shock: !...Pete :lol:

Return to “UK reenactment and events”