WAR AND PEACE 2010 UPDATE

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

WAR AND PEACE 2010 UPDATE

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It's official - Your friendly neighbourhood PD will be doing the Section 5 stuff with Mark Wilson and hopefully the wonderful Baggypants making up the team. All admin stuff will be sent out in the next few days.
This is the start of something else new and fresh from AFRA.

Site meeting went well. Greg and the team are pulling out the stops to make the LH field better than ever and the very talented and able Lee Swallow will be taking my old role of Axis Co-ordinator on. Please work with Lee to make the German Displays work and to make best use of available space. And remember his old man is the legend that is Harry Hatecrime.... so dick with him at your peril! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And his Godfather is KitKat....... :evil:

For my part I am taking on a very busy job for Rex - I don't have time for re-enactment sillyness and Section 5 is a very serious gig. I will be getting the info to people ASAP and we need to get people registered on to the database for hire as smoothly as possible - Time is VERY short and as a result if you can't do it quickly and easily - you will have to wait until after War and Peace.... The priority is the show and the prebooked battles. We can sort out casual hire and fire later.
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Re: WAR AND PEACE 2010 UPDATE

Post by TIGER RIDER »

update after site meeting....thanks for turning up everyone and not booing me off the stage!!lol..

this is just a quick message to reiterate that any groups now booking in will as always not be gaurenteed a space on living history field...i no this seems harsh but thats why we have a site meeting and why updates are continually posted on forums.Now saying that you all no me and if i can i will fit you on living history field..we have this year started to filter over onto opposite field over main road so eventually we will have a lot more space.this area is being used for extra groups booking in late and at present it will be post/ww2 together.All i ask is that you bear with us and give me and my team all the support you can.10 years ago when i first took over war and peace we had only 50 groups..now we have over 150 and all vying for a prominent space so as you can see things have changed and im trying to get the mamangment of the show to change with it...as always i will get the same ole same ole complaints about stuff that has nothing to do with us but that comes with the position and thats fair enough..

just remember one day i might just not turn up!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone..
greg..

(release harry hate crime..he"s my leader!)
:-)
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

is booking in done through the website gregg
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Yes Les. Greg don't get on often - Download the form and send it to Barbara at the office. As discussed - 39-45 and Feldgenderme have been swapped with KSK because your two displays can fit on to the end whereas theirs is cut in two by the footpath. This means you won't get squashed up this year and can get a good rounded frontage along with the Generals. Equally KSK get one frontage that does not break up their usually stunning display.

He's a clever lad that Greg!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Getting lots and lots of emails about booking in...... Greg is well busy and at the moment to be honest his job is the most important thing to him in the world - (Good luck buddy - final hurdle then you're in!)

SO -

IF you are booking in as Living History to War and Peace - Go to the website. http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/
Go to the form for Living History Groups http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/images ... rm_pdf.pdf
DOWNLOAD IT. FILL IT IN RETURN IT AS IT SAYS.

IF you don't register with the office then Greg doesn't know you are there - The office has no figures for fire and safety purposes and he/we will not be able to get you situated - The fuss caused each year by people turning up and trying to blag it takes lots of time away from the team and impacts on other reienactment groups in terms of having their pitches reduced to accomodate others.

Please help Greg's Living History team to help you. Follow the system - Fill in a form and get it in the post TODAY. OR alternatively email it to Barbara at the office......... No exceptions I'm afraid.

(can someone please port this to other forums so everyone gets to read it)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Section 5.
This applies primarily to
SBG
N44
JOM
FJR6
Das Reich
SWB
and any other official participants in the battle displays at W&P

The temporary registration forms that were sent to you - NONE have been returned. It is a requirement that ALL users of Section 5 are pre- registered with the RFD If you don't get a move on and start registering the appropriate people this will mean delays and inefficiencies at the show. This will be the fault of those not having registered and NOT the Section 5 armourers.

Failure to pre-register will mean the likelihood of not being able to take a Section 5 weapon for your display on time,. This impacts on the show and your group's professionalism.

Like it or not - you have to register your guys to hire firearms.

Get it done or take it on your own shoulders.

(please port this over to other forums for everyone to see)
carentan

Post by carentan »

I haven't received any forms in the post? I usually get all correspondance from the W&P show, can they be emailed?

Thanks
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
JDR

Post by JDR »

Hi Paul

The DR guys recieved their booking in form last week, but it does state on the form Please register for gun hire 2 weeks before event which i guess means no latter than 2 weeks, i imagine some will leave it to the last minute while others are on holiday at the moment.
i'll send out an email reminding them who need to book a weapon to do so.

Darren i can forward you a booking in form regarding weapon hire if you need one?

Jon
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
carentan

Post by carentan »

Cheers Jon, just received the email with form from WARS. Ta
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

What it says on the form and what I'm asking for are two different things....... To avoid delays and to assist Rex Cadman with the set up of his Section V component of War and Peace - it is required for people to register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in order to be able to use his firearms. And the forms need to come back to me..........
Darren - these forms are coming from myself - I'm creating the database for Rex and also doing the forms. Check your email - the correct form has been emailed to you and Ian.

Thanks for all the interest.
PS
Just checked "another forum" - Thanks to JDR for porting it over. much appreciated.
carentan

Re: 2nd Pattern Fallschirmjager Boots

Post by carentan »

ok
Hiddenevil

Post by Hiddenevil »

Hey Hoffman

Been trying to get in touch with you, could you drop us a line mate :)

Thanks

Return to “UK reenactment and events”