New Section 5 armourer at events

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Pug42

New Section 5 armourer at events

Post by Pug42 »

Hi guys, not sure where to post this to get in front of the right readers... here seems best!? (Mods feel free to move)

As some of you may know a guy called Hamish McCleod, an armourer of some 20 years standing to the film and TV industries, is dipping a toe in the water of hiring Section 5 weapons to reenactors. He is based in Hampshire, near me, and I have spent some considerable time with him at his premises discussing the ins and outs, pros and cons of hiring to crazy people like us...

He is prepared to give it a go, I have seen his stuff (and spent 3 hours or so test firing Bren, DPM44, PPSh 41 and PPSh 43, Thompson 1928A1 with Coutts compensator and Lyman sights, etc plus MG42s hopefully this weekend) and can verify that his stuff is top notch, mostly in original calibres (Thompson is 45 cal, MG42s are 7.92 for example) and a joy to use. None of the worn-out old dogs that we are so used to here! The Soviet DPM44 for example is awesome - one of the loudest MGs I have fired with a muzzle flash to match!!

For most of you the first event he will be at will be Horndean Show. If you want to hire stuff (prices are displayed in Mick Wilson's thread about Horndean in this section) then get on the blower and prebook as it will save time on the day. You will need the usual formalities at the event like passports and up to date utility bill for ID and address verification.

This is his website link showing what weapons are available, more are being added all the time:
http://www.history-making.com/gun_hire.php

Ring on 023 92 253175 or 07803 257 915
Email on enquiries@history-making.com

If, like me, you think we need another Section 5 armourer, especially in the central south area, then please support this venture.... you won't be disappointed with the stuff, believe me!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “UK reenactment and events”