donate
PGnet home | Advertise | Donate | Contact | free classifieds
New here? Register now and join in with the most vibrant re-enactor community on the web.

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm
Posts: 42
Hi Guys,
We now have a section 5 weapons man making his first appearance at our Horndean battle (3 days of battle), he has given us a good price on weapons but needs to know in advance what you want to hire, this is his list.
He don't have large numbers of weapons so its first come first served, so book now to avoid disappointment.

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/show.html

Image

_________________
http://www.514th.co.uk
Image
http://www.514th.co.uk

514th Q.M T.C We deliver everything, except babies

As a former Quartermaster put it
"without fuel, a tank is a 65-ton paperweight."


Last edited by mick.wilson on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 2753
Location: Afra
£46 hundred for 7.62 nato ?

having a laugh aint he ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm
Posts: 42
:lol:

_________________
http://www.514th.co.uk
Image
http://www.514th.co.uk

514th Q.M T.C We deliver everything, except babies

As a former Quartermaster put it
"without fuel, a tank is a 65-ton paperweight."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 338
Location: NZ
Hans Gowert wrote:
£46 hundred for 7.62 nato ?

having a laugh aint he ?


blank ammo is going to go way up in price because of availability issues.
You might look back at these prices in a year or so and think its the beginning of the end with regards to firing blanks at reenacting events


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 2753
Location: Afra
7.62 is £30 a hundred at the mo (gone up £5 from last year ) and will be for the next year. This guy is actually , alot more expensive then oxlade on alot of his items.

Sorry to spam the thread with shite as usual mick, but WOOOOOWSAAAA!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm
Posts: 42
Hans Gowert wrote:
This guy is actually , alot more expensive then oxlade on alot of his items.

Do you think so, I thought it was ok for prices :? (not that I ever hire weapons, I use top venters and gas firing weapons), I know he said he don’t mind people using there own ammo, I guess that’s why he put the calibre of each weapon on the list. Sorry if you think it’s a bit heavy on the price, I thought it would be good to have the opportunity to get a blank firer at Horndean if people want one, don’t normally get a section 5 man down there.

Saying that I got a load of 9mm Winmag the other day at £45 for 100 :shock: , so depending on what 9mm he has I will get some of his 9mm for £23 for 100

Mick

_________________
http://www.514th.co.uk
Image
http://www.514th.co.uk

514th Q.M T.C We deliver everything, except babies

As a former Quartermaster put it
"without fuel, a tank is a 65-ton paperweight."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:30 am
Posts: 1051
Location: South Coast
Prices are same as Kranks... rounded up a few pence to cover shipping. He isn't making a profit on ammo sales, just the weapons hires. Buy your own ammo somewhere else if you want, it really isn't an issue.

Note the MG42s are still in 7.92 calibre.... now that will sound awesome! :mrgreen:

Also - these are quality weapons, virtually new in some cases and not the tired old dogs that other dealers have been renting out for years... believe me!

_________________
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 2753
Location: Afra
mick.wilson wrote:
Hans Gowert wrote:
This guy is actually , alot more expensive then oxlade on alot of his items.

Do you think so, I thought it was ok for prices :? (not that I ever hire weapons, I use top venters and gas firing weapons), I know he said he don’t mind people using there own ammo, I guess that’s why he put the calibre of each weapon on the list. Sorry if you think it’s a bit heavy on the price, I thought it would be good to have the opportunity to get a blank firer at Horndean if people want one, don’t normally get a section 5 man down there.

Saying that I got a load of 9mm Winmag the other day at £45 for 100 :shock: , so depending on what 9mm he has I will get some of his 9mm for £23 for 100

Mick



The ammo would be red tip for that price, Winimag has always been rather expensive , or it could be something else


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 2753
Location: Afra
so what paperwork has this guy got ? what paperwork do you need to hire a weapon ? There isnt any instructions mick to follow, what you need to bring.

Mick, i know you said its would be nice to get a section 5 down there , but i cant believe orginisers are still expecting reenactors to pay for a weapon to put on a show for the orginiser FOR the public ? might aswell have MUG tattood on your head.

Spose, its all about popping of the rounds in this hobby isnt it ? The more people cotton onto the idea of saying 'not on my wallet' , the sooner the orginiser will realise ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:30 am
Posts: 1051
Location: South Coast
Tom, contact History in the Making (details in Mick's post) and all will be explained... it's pretty much as we are all used to from Vickers and Oxlade etc.

As to the principle of reenactors paying for their own weapons, well that is hardly new is it? All the shows that have battles for the public like Belters and Detling etc expect reenactors to either hire or bring their own. Some will stump up some subsidies for participating groups to have an MG42 or ammo allocation for example but that's about it. It would be nice for organisers to pay for it all but I can't see that happening any time soon... :cry:

Bear in mind also that those unfortunate enough to be based in Hampshire cannot get Section 1 FAC for K98 or similar as it is the stated aim of the Chief Constable there not to allow any Section 1 weapons in the county at all! Now in my book the law should not be capable of being interpreted so widely by different Police Authorities but the sad reality is that neither myself, or any other reenactor I know of resident in Hampshire has an FAC... so hiring remains the only option for both private and public battles (unless you possess a blank-firer of some sort). I'm not aware of any members of Darren's group (Green Devils) in Hampshire for example that have FACs but am open to correction on this? Have any Allied reenactors managed it?

_________________
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm
Posts: 42
Last year the organizers paid for most if not all the bangs and ammo, we only had our own weapons to play with last year but I don't think the show is big enough to supply the cost of weapons hire as well like at W&P... not yet anyway :wink:

_________________
http://www.514th.co.uk
Image
http://www.514th.co.uk

514th Q.M T.C We deliver everything, except babies

As a former Quartermaster put it
"without fuel, a tank is a 65-ton paperweight."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:18 am
Posts: 362
Location: Reigate Mozambique
Well I have to say well done Mick I think you have come up with a good deal.

Tom - i'm not having a pop at you chap but I can remember Dougie Preece selling 7.62 South African at £35 per hundred 10 years ago - the Waterman's were about the same.

_________________
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 338
Location: NZ
Hans Gowert wrote:
mick.wilson wrote:
Hans Gowert wrote:
This guy is actually , alot more expensive then oxlade on alot of his items.

Do you think so, I thought it was ok for prices :? (not that I ever hire weapons, I use top venters and gas firing weapons), I know he said he don’t mind people using there own ammo, I guess that’s why he put the calibre of each weapon on the list. Sorry if you think it’s a bit heavy on the price, I thought it would be good to have the opportunity to get a blank firer at Horndean if people want one, don’t normally get a section 5 man down there.

Saying that I got a load of 9mm Winmag the other day at £45 for 100 :shock: , so depending on what 9mm he has I will get some of his 9mm for £23 for 100

Mick



The ammo would be red tip for that price, Winimag has always been rather expensive , or it could be something else


Like PMP for example, which has been available to buy for years


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:55 pm
Posts: 8414
Location: AFRA - UK Nord
Whinge whinge whinge again....... Man up lads..... Shock horror re-enactors asked to put their hands in their pockets again!!!!

You are going to have to seriously rethink your approach to Section V over the next 12 months. One Section V has gone - One is still there but not at this time trading. One is still there and has revised his scale of charges. One is coming out of the shadows and we will have to wait and see how he pans out and this lad has entered the market.

Prices are what they are - If you want cheap ammo go to Kynoch and talk to Dave - see how much you have to buy in one hit to get a reasonable price!!!!!!! and then go lie down in a darkened room.........

I always seem to appear with my black robe, scythe and white horse but again I say to you all - "Times they are a changing".

Live with it.

For 12 years at one event I have provided arms and ammunition for all participants that needed them. Rifles, SMGs and MGs - and still people whinged and bitched! This year the armourer and the arrangements have changed and it's not my doing so I've made it plain from day 1 - not me - new broom - deal with it. I won't be whinged at and I won't take shit when there is no shit to take.... And I don't mean that in a nasty way - but either get a Section 1 and sort out (Steve - I seem to remember writing something similar to this ten years ago!) a bulk buy of blank for your group then distribute it or swallow it and pay the price of what's out there.

There is another alternative - Don't battle!!!!! SIMPLES!

_________________
Better to Light a Candle than to Curse the Darkness
Image
Image
A001


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 666
Location: Portsmouth
Pug42 wrote:
...so hiring remains the only option for both private and public battles (unless you possess a blank-firer of some sort). I'm not aware of any members of Darren's group (Green Devils) in Hampshire for example that have FACs but am open to correction on this?


No wishing to spam the thread about the event, but Yes a member from Leigh Park of all places has successfully applied for a FAC. It's certainly possible in Hampshire and the Portsmouth area.

_________________
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

*webmaster temp testing**

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group