Any private battles

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
nelz

Re: Any private battles

Post by nelz »

As Darren has said, let's wait for Pete to make the call.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Well, i think it would be a good idea for those who have been invited to longmoor, to send a PM to pete so he knows how many that has a potential for a double book if you know what i mean. Because if Pete does move the venue and it turns out that no one attending Pip park that has an invite, it would be a daft decision if you know what i mean
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi all,Back from blistering Bali....
Well I am sorry about the date clashes,not intentional I am sure...
What a shame, I cannot change the dates really as all the paper work is done for that Weekend,land was booked with MOD middle last September.
All the allies are in place wiith weekends booked off etc..work/wives etc..
Also have 14 lads coming over from Holland as well, I am not changing the dates as I have booked flights back to UK to run the allied .
Next event Ill track down SBG spokesman and try to swerve their future dates and Dukes as well, that should leave one weekend somewhere!..
Good news on the rentals as shooting times at Pip Pk are 07.00hrs to 23.00hrs had the email below from John O.

' The weapons can be returned to the troop hut at 23.00 and can be issued again at 07.00.
All the best, john"

As Tom suggests, Email me or PM if you changing events, no probs if you do its a free country after all. No monies have been banked so not a problem if you want to change you minds. Plenty are coming.
Pip Pk will be a scripted/scenarioed event with comms between me and Darren,maps and an Idea for an Aid station to slow the scenario down, as most of you know sometimes people just go bananas on the Saturday and do the scenario in 2 hours, well this event is separated with a river between forces, digging in and patrolling will be the order of the day for starters to give a more realistic feel.
Pete
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

I think you will find that its down to what the MOD are prepared to offer, which is probably the same situation with PIP Park. I know that confirmation of the date was extremely late from MOD, situation not helped by the fact that Graham has had to relinquish the events role owing to personal reasons. Pete I would suggest that you speak to Andy Colbourne next time your paths cross.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Seems Private Battles are like buses - you wait ages then two come along at once.

I'm off to one at the end of February and I have just been offered a venue "darn sarf" TO USE AS I WISH was the quote....... Might put a game (whoops) erm battle on if people are interested....... I'm thinking Eben Emael but Belgians are gonna be difficult to find so might substitute Brits for them....... Definitely fancy an early war Fallschy game (whoops sorry habit forming) battle though........
Now...... airsoft or blank fire...... (seriously) that's the question.........
carentan

Post by carentan »

That's a very early FJ impression, I hope all that attend pay the money (on the right kit) to do it justice :wink:
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You don't fancy it then Darren? Right down your neck of the woods it is........
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

I can see those forts from my house! 8)
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

1940 Fallschirmjäger would mean to most FJ reenactors out there, an extra est £600 to get the uniform.

I have been lucky to obtain the correct kit over the last year as its one of my passions to recreate early FJ. At stoneleigh, i am collecting 2 items to finish of my 1940 FJ uniform and ill get a picture up to show what a 1940 FJ looks like for Moerdijk/Eben.

Side lacing boots and M38 pocketless smocks would be the main factor. No one does a decent repro of a pocketless smock, Spearhead does them but christ, they arent worth looking at. I am lucky enough to obtain an old HK one which is pretty good( tho still, the colour isnt perfect). Gmax does them but the colour is way off, the only other option would be to approach lost batallions and ask if they would do a copy of there M40 green step in without the pockets but then thats another £200 out the window( also , Narvik/Eben/moerdijk would be the only places you can use the m38 so are people prepared to spend £200 on something there gonna use once and probably never again ?). Then you would have to have your helmet in early slate grey with double decal. All brown leather kit, blue bandoliers.

The above also applys to Narvik :)
For the most, it would mean selling your kidney :)

For possible early war game/battle, you could do Kreta. Allows for 2nd pattern boots, M40 green step in and M40 Splinter B step in (step in with zips). Alot of FJ reenactors have most of the kit with only a few purchases to finish it off to be made.
carentan

Post by carentan »

PD, I'd be up for an early war FJ scenario and if it's near me all the better, but don't have the right kit. The trouble is that it's such specific kit for that period I wouldn't want to do it in the wrong kit, it not like I can just adjust bits and bobs to do it.

I know that there are some great forts up on the hill near us and would be perfect for Eben E...bit of a dilema :(
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Pug42 wrote:I can see those forts from my house! 8)
You can see SOME forts from your house........ not necessarily what I'm talking about :lol: :wink:

Darren - will be in touch . currently revising options buddy...... Eben Emael IS early and I was aware that early equipment was used - didn't know folks were THAT keyed up as to not want to use licence..... I mean some of the abominations (not talking FJ here) that pass for "re-enactment kit" of late make even SPR/BoB look like historical reference..... Inglorious has something to answer for already! :P
All power to those who will not give way on standards.....
poteau rottenfurer

Post by poteau rottenfurer »

just some alternative ideas i.e forts

cherbourg/brest etc

metz

cheers
dave g
TFH
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

poteau rottenfurer wrote:just some alternative ideas i.e forts

cherbourg/brest etc

metz

cheers
dave g
TFH
Nice...... Dave - you got mail!
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

carentan wrote: The trouble is that it's such specific kit for that period I wouldn't want to do it in the wrong kit, it not like I can just adjust bits and bobs to do it.
Hoffman Grink wrote:Eben Emael IS early and I was aware that early equipment was used - didn't know folks were THAT keyed up as to not want to use licence.All power to those who will not give way on standards.....
:(

Eben/moerdijk is probably the hardest FJ impression to represent due to its strict kit list and there is no way round it at all.
Darren, i think im the only one in FJ39-45 who has 1940 FJ kit, anyone in Fjr 6 who has complete 1940 kit ?

I think for a fort scenario involving FJ, dave has hit a good one. Brest....
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

When I was in the Hampshires we did a few events in the summer in KD kit, against Heer troops wearing their DAK equivelant, I believe Hampsters still have it all and maybe a few other Brit groups do as well, what Price Glory do KD but you could wear Denims as well .
BUT then we get the old chestnet trying to find a date in summer around the dreaded public show season/France June 6th ...etc,, that enough bods can make to pay for the Ins/Land hire etc...or if Helen or John are to be needed themn you'll need Yank reenactors instead,RED1 = N Africa.... Good idea though...Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”