Victory Show 2010

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Victory Show 2010

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Get it in your diaries NOW....
SEPTEMBER 11/12 2010

Planning has started and there will be a Battle of Britain element to this show. NO firm details as yet but Hans Gowert's comment on Ashley's photo thread my have to be revised if we get our way - A new flight line is being planned to allow us to work with aircraft in a pyrotechnic capacity...... I'll say no more for the time being except if you thought the Vulcan was exciting..... book a front row seat for 2010.
carentan

Re: Victory Show 2010

Post by carentan »

I haven't seen Tom's post but it probably echoed what I was thinking about the photos, "Cool, how come we don't still do that!"
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

oooo I might need to get to work on that repro DFS230 quicker than expected :D
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

PanzerMart wrote:oooo I might need to get to work on that repro DFS230 quicker than expected :D
If you are serious about that I'd speak to Reich Crispies and Sideshow Bob on here....... RC built one and I believe SB bought it.... dunno where it is or what's happening with it but why re-invent the wheel if people can help?
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Get it in your diaries NOW....
SEPTEMBER 11/12 2010

Planning has started and there will be a Battle of Britain element to this show. NO firm details as yet but Hans Gowert's comment on Ashley's photo thread my have to be revised if we get our way - A new flight line is being planned to allow is to work with aircraft in a pyrotechnic capacity...... I'll say no more for the time being wxcwpt if you thought the Vulcan was exciting..... book a front row seat for 2010.

campaign 2006 i think? Mr bowden and the rangers will be able to confirm, The P-51 mustang got so low, it was kicking up dust from the field with it banking around the control tower and the men on top of the tower were above the pilot !!!!!!! We need him to fly again, who ever it was !! Paul, ask Mr Pratt , he most likely knows the pilot...

and Mr mart, i dont think the insurance will cover a glider landing :P
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

Hoffman Grink wrote:
PanzerMart wrote:oooo I might need to get to work on that repro DFS230 quicker than expected :D
If you are serious about that I'd speak to Reich Crispies and Sideshow Bob on here....... RC built one and I believe SB bought it.... dunno where it is or what's happening with it but why re-invent the wheel if people can help?
Yep had a chat to him Thx P :)

& Ty Hans but Im not planning on being towed up n doing a full landing lol & I can get insurance for a 6 ft drop
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Hoffman Grink wrote:

sadly no longer available, it got damp and broken up. it was a nice bit of kit though,

Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

Loads of problems with storage and transportation to events with the glider so it got re cycled .

We have made 20 plus T-Mines and loads of Shreck rounds and we still have lots of wood left .....

That reminds me- Wiganer .....the interest is building up on your debt !!!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

VICTORY SHOW UPDATE
JUST got off the phone with Steve P

Rumours are abounding of the show being cancelled and various other stories associated with this show.

None of them are true. Victory Show 2010 is confirmed and is going ahead. There are no difficulties of any kind regarding this show. IF anyone has any concerns of hears anything untoward then before posting anything in the public domain can they please check directly with Steve Pepper. The show is as normal - planes, displays, dance, marquee, bots on the lake, battle and traders market. And another viewing bank is being built as I type.

Please copy this to other forums as written to confirm for others that the rumours are untrue.
Thanks PD
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

I wonder which diminutive tosser started that rumour then? Same one as last year? :roll:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No - not this time - still politics though......

Anyway - FaceBook Page now up for people to follow and feedback info.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 7511330852

All welcome to join in - invite your friends - Support the best 40s gig in the Midlands......
deviouswolf

Post by deviouswolf »

Which side of the field is being raised out of curiosity , the road side would upset the ones who don't like paying to get in lol
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

deviouswolf wrote:Which side of the field is being raised out of curiosity , the road side would upset the ones who don't like paying to get in lol
In front of the Christmas Trees which will really make it a bit tricky getting good photos with no punters in the distance :cry:
You make sure you come see me this year and we will get you in the right place for some more of those cracking shots you compose.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

THE SHOW IS NOW CANCELLED. SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR STEVE PEPPERS OFFICIAL EMAIL.
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

:x :x That was only one of two events I could get to this year. FOOOOOOOOK :x
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Return to “UK reenactment and events”