Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Pete Skillman

Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi all, wonder if you can help me?.
I am cobbling together a Living History event for next April, Its going to be based on a book I have just read by David Kenyon Webster, E coy 101st, in it he recounts a quite detailed way about the patrol across the Moder river which splits the town at Hagenau .
The idea is to have 101st reenactment groups and Yank Inf coming as GIR 327th positiond along the valley at Pip Pk looking across the river into the German held area, the Germans regarded this area as quiet due to the river bieng impassable.
The whole other side of Pip Pk will be available for us by Axis forces,Crossroads/bridges etc.. I am looking for contacts for Sanis/Communications/Chain Dogs even a field kitchen etc...to build up the rear echelon area to give more realistic feel to the event...
Nothing modern or unauthentic... though.
can contact me direct on pskillman@fsmail.net
Thanks Pete
hanser

Re: Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

Post by hanser »

Hi Pete, Das Reich might be interested, we have a little bit of communication kit, we have some of our guys doing pioneer and we know someone who has a field kitchen. i`ll ask all the questions to the guys and if the dates don`t clash etc we could be there.

regards Dave
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply, Is Jon Philips in your group, I am totally lost as to where people are in now days, I kow Jon was Emigrating to Normandy soon by his last email but not sure when?...
Although this is a tactical its not a blatfest, Darren Collins/Paul Marsh are co running the axis scenario, they are both long term reenactors with a quite healthy dislike for people who just ignore their roles/orders and bug out of their postions because there is a firefight erupting further down the woods...not saying your like that but Ive never had you at Pip Pk before...as long as people understand that this is a scenario and needs to be followed and if a scenario director asks/orders people to do a patrol/stagg/Dig in or ambush patrol and sit for a couple hours its got to be done.Had a Brit group in the past just get up and go looking for the shit and left their front open, and yes the Germans found it!...that group will no longer be invited to anthing I do.Its got quite expensive doing this hobby now and we cannot afford to let a few plonkers ruin the event for the others.Anyway rambliing here. preaching to the converted again!.
Pete
Last edited by Pete Skillman on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hi pete

hi pete i would like to volunteer my help with some comunications as in field phones
but will need help running out the lines again
done it a while back but it is hard to wind in the lines ....
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Les, Hope your well, thanks for the offer of that, Contact Darren Collins FJR6/Paul Marsh 39/45... their in charge of the Axis troops and should be able to allocate you troops to help, No idea where their gonna choose to have HQ/Chow area etc... but we've maps so can plan way ahead.Can arrive Friday BUT must not enter the site as Ill get a bill for xtra days hire of the site which aint cheap!....Oxlade normally gets there 16.30hrs and gets into HUT D,
Pete
carentan

Post by carentan »

You can PM me 'Darren Collins' for interest and info as well as Paul.

Cheers
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Ive never had you at Pip Pk before...
Pete, "Das Reich" did pip park a couple of years ago :wink:

No worries on our score. We all ways do what were told and dont showboat.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Oh sorry, did not recognise Daves fizog...
Unfortunately Paul Marsh has had to pull out from the event but Darren Collins is well able to carry on in the Axis commander roll,
Dave Sutton has contacted me about bringing along his PK24 field kitchen for the event, doing authentic grubb breaky/lunch and dinner you lucky Krauts!...., he said something about dog meat,mouldy black bread and charging for it! :shock:
Maybe not so lucky then?.. :roll:
Pete
carentan

Post by carentan »

Pete and all, it's one weekend out of everyones life so it shouldn't be too hard. I would suggest we have food rations like we did a few years back that is made to look like rations....no modern labelled tins and plastic carrier bags in the field.

One thing I have noticed over the last few years even at Pip Park was the standards dropping. The first Pip Park I did Spencer went round checking on kit etc.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get this right, it will just take a bit of effort from the group leaders to pass down this info and ensure it's clear.
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Nick and Michaela... apparently do a Sani impression, part of the Das Reich WARS grouping?... anyone have contact details?..
Pete
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Nicks on here as Das Medic Pete
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

And they are AFRA members!!!!! :shock: One thing - Nick Can't stay out in the field so a Travelodge or Hotel/B&B must be close by.....
JDR

Post by JDR »

Theres a travelodge about 10-15mins drive from the site
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Here we go...
I am sure Nick is a lovely fellow, but as I understand it he has some very fine kit...?... this will not be left unattennded over night so would need packing away Sat afternoon...
not really pratical that.
Had mod vehicles driving about in the past at events, totally cocks it up for those immersing themselves in the event. So Ill pass on that one.
Thanks anyway.
Pete
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

PM Sent Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”