Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hans Gowert

Re: Private Tactical event April 17th 18th 2010 Pip Pk

Post by Hans Gowert »

it aint far from pip,

depending if i am taking a friend , ill pick up but wont know for another 24hours.

whats wrong with being in kit at heathrow :) :) its cloth end of the day :P i like the red dots on my skin :P
GRFJ

Post by GRFJ »

Pete, Tom

I'm coming in at about 16.40 and will not be in kit :P
If I remember well Gatwick has some a couple of places where I can have a coffe and wait after picking up my luggage. It's not a problem to wait a while, even if outside of airport.
I'm guessing if anyone is willing to give me a lift we'll exchange some emails & phone numbers to sort out the details and find each other there. :)
"Always keep your words soft and tender, one day you may have to eat them".
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Yannis,
What time Sunday are you due to fly out?...
Its very near to Gatters, Junc 10 off M23 to East Grinstead then down A22 to Pippers.
I think in the past I starte to not use the A22 junc off M25 and used the M23 Junct 6 as it was a quicker route, not so many traffic lights (Speed Cameras!)..
I am justr searching the web for car hire, if we cant get anyone to collect you Ill come up and get you,youll have your mobi I hope!..
Pete
GRFJ

Post by GRFJ »

Hi Pete

I'll send you a PM.
"Always keep your words soft and tender, one day you may have to eat them".
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

I believe this is all sorted out now,
I am off to UK tomorrow night so I wont have access to the computer to forward Maps etc.. any Unit CO want a map etc... PM me?.
Ta Pete
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

I is arrived!..

Heathrow to Hemel Hempstead,should be.. 30 mins M4/M25?...took 1 hour and 15mins rat running through the villages :evil: !, great to be back!!!, see the M25 road works are exactly the same place as when I left nearly 4 yrs ago!...why did they not just build 4 lanes each side from the start back in the 70s?. :shock:
I am really shocked at how bad the roads are here,They are in a same state as the the roads in Thailand.
Pot holes and cracking up..
Paul, when do you think KSK can confirm is their coming and defo with vehicles?..
Pete
nelz

Post by nelz »

Pete !

P.M. Sent.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Heraldmessenger

Post by Heraldmessenger »

Pete Skillman.
Having probs logging on whilst over here in UK, just does not accept the login details I hav e used for the last 3 yrs! :lol: , I have rejoined hunder HERALDMESSENGER, I have a couple of PMs I cant acess so can you resend to me?...or email pskillman@fsmail.net ...Loving Computers! Pete
Heraldmessenger

Hi, I emailed Pip Pk... just to ask what time we could get on site Friday and as I figured not before 16.00hrs , see below

"Hi Pete,
Spot on with the brief on arrival time , not before 4.00pm Friday... it is important not to take the .P.......... s! out of the army as they are happy to turn a blind eye to arrival times etc.. if there is no impact."

So, although arrival is OK 16.00hrs onwards just stay at HUT D, I am meeting MOD contact Friday and will get permission to move on land to set up for the Saturday/Sunday.DO NOT arrive go driving about in kit. Xtra days hire will be passed on if incurred to those who cause it.
Pete
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi Pete

It would help a lot if you could get clearance to go down and set up HQ and Field Kitchen around 19.00pm.

Cheers Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Heraldmessenger

Hi Darren, Ill get that sorted out no probs and more than likey it will be earlier...
I am meeting the range warden Friday afternoon to alay fears of wanker behaviour..ie leaving rubbish/spent cases all over the roads, unfilled fox holes... normal stuf :roll: f!.
What time do you invisage to be arriving?.
Pete
Heraldmessenger

Hi, Just some thoughts for you....17th 18th April ww2 Living History event .
This event should be viewd as "I dont want to get shot" weekend. do your duty and carry out orders but not like John Wayne/Steve McQueen!! (Matt Damon ,SPR for you younguns!),And defo NO SHOT CALLING !!
no charging across open land/roads without organising covering fire/Smoke etc.., these are the time consuming things that re-enactors dont like doing but improve the event enormously, when people are moving, get on your belly if you want to move close in,use smokes (NO GRENADES,TRIPS,PYROS,Smokes ok). Bring telephones/wire/jerry cans for water etc.. to help give the feeling of ww2,food stuffs wrapped in grease paper or white cotton, no pot noodles/sandwiches from the garage,calor gaz cookers (seen it) ,crisps (seen it)flasks (seen it!..ALWAYS END SMASHED)also in the past some started to bring their cars onto the site!! coz they could not sleep in a hole,If yop are pulling from the field of Ops please inform your relivant HQ where your off to .Cars on site NOT at this event & DEFO NO SHOT CALLING... Its booked to go 30hours and Modern tents stay at HUT D.., We will have comms between head sheds allied/axis group, if anyone/group starts causing grief ... ie, Blatting!..PURPOSELY disobeying orders/instructions on where to go then they will be asked to leave the site after one warning to behave and DEFO NO SHOT CALLING .... This is because the scenario is worked out ahead of time with the Axis commander, almost like a play, you need to follow the scenario director or it will all go to rat shit.
I am working on maps and will endeavior to make sure all receive one.
Lots of good will towards the opposition, NO SHOT calling.... shot taking will be required on both sides, not the end of the world to be taken out if you have moved and a shot rings out,if a bloke gets slotted, instead of him taking his helmet off and standing around smoking/eating using his eyes/nodding his head pointing where the oppo guy is who just shot him to his mates lie down still until the action subsides or has finished, and dont SHOT CALL...
admittedly those who shoot live know how ruddy hard it is to hit anything moving, I reckon most battles were about who could chuck the highest amount of lead about to keep the enemy's heads down untill they buggered off!,hope this helps. , dont panic!!. cheers Pete ... Oh... and dont

shot call....
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

What is the score with the field kitchen ? do we grab and pay as we can or are there alloted times when the guys will be manning the goulash cannon ??
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Kaben

Post by Kaben »

Hi Pete, sent you a Pm via your new login.
GR916/15/14

Post by GR916/15/14 »

PM'ed about Windhund
Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland
http://www.germansoldier.co.uk

Return to “UK reenactment and events”