Possible training Weekend

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
wolfsangel

Possible training Weekend

Post by wolfsangel »

With the demise of PDs airsoft/tactical I thought I would gauge interest in staging a training event ont he same weekend.

I have the possibility of land in the Cheltenham/Stroud area with open fields, wooded aqreas, big hills, small hills, more wooded areas, moo cows etc

the event would potentially consist of various different disciplines such as weapons handling, field craft, preparing defences, firing range etc. We would lay on a field kitchen to provide meals and hot drinks through out the event.

We have run these sort of events before and all involved enjoyed it as much if not more than private battles as you constantly have something to keep you occupied. They are a little more social than a batle, but you do come away hopefully having enjoyed yourself and learnt something which can be put into practice during public or private battles int he events to come.

Look forward to feed back on this one

cheers

Matt
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
Franz repper

Re: Possible training Weekend

Post by Franz repper »

Stroud sounds good I could go home and see My mum , What part ot the stroud area sir ?
ImageImageImageImageImage
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Franz repper wrote:Stroud sounds good I could go home and see My mum , What part ot the stroud area sir ?

Stroud isn't that big a place Franz!! Its near Bentham and air balloon hill (I think), if that helps. about 5 minutes off the motorway
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

wolfsangel wrote:
Franz repper wrote:Stroud sounds good I could go home and see My mum , What part ot the stroud area sir ?

Stroud isn't that big a place Franz!! Its near Bentham and air balloon hill (I think), if that helps. about 5 minutes off the motorway
Yes I know the area trying to do a family vist and battle at the same time
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

trying to do a family vist and battle at the same time
We'll look out for your Mum in field greys then!! :lol: :lol:
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Pug42 wrote:
trying to do a family vist and battle at the same time
We'll look out for your Mum in field greys then!! :lol: :lol:
Yes and be shure to use the correct rank when talking to her
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

That'll be Obermarmführer then....
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Sounds good Matty.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

A couple of things

1 - its not an out and out Battle so don't expect 36 hours of dodging pretend bullets, there may be short 'scripted' attacks as part of a training exercise eg how to attack a defended position

2 - Event would be open to members of all groups if they wished to attend either alone or as groups

3 - no specific scenario has been set out or thought about in detail yet, I am just seeing if its viable eg enough interest to cover the cost of the land etc - this will be a not for profit event so please don't think I'm expecting to get rich off the back of it

think thats all for now!

Matt
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Matt what a feckin stupid idea.......

Oh sorry was thinking of something else!! :D

Took part in something like this last month. It was organised by the Screaming Eagles LHG. There was a good turnout, consisting of Allied and Axis troops. There were training exercises, etc on the Saturday then a series of small "battle" scenarios throughout the Sunday.

It all worked very well(well it did on the Sunday, when i attended) so, if this could be planned along the same lines then, it'd get my backing(as long as i'm not working!).

Manny
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

wolfsangel wrote:, moo cows etc

I like cows that go moo, id be interested also, aslong as im not working
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Matelot wrote:Matt what a feckin stupid idea.......

Oh sorry was thinking of something else!! :D

Took part in something like this last month. It was organised by the Screaming Eagles LHG. There was a good turnout, consisting of Allied and Axis troops. There were training exercises, etc on the Saturday then a series of small "battle" scenarios throughout the Sunday.

It all worked very well(well it did on the Sunday, when i attended) so, if this could be planned along the same lines then, it'd get my backing(as long as i'm not working!).

Manny
That's kind of what I had in mind Manny, run through a few 'small' battle scenarios for 10 to 20 minutes each to put into practice what was covered int he training side of things. by battle I mena the actual engagement would probably be about that long so there could be a longer tactical element involving recon, probing etc etc.

again this could all irrelevant if only 8 people want to do it but we will see

Matt
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

The Gow'l be up for some probing.... :lol:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

not yet tom, dont want to frighten everyone away , christ some people
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

This event is not going to be going ahead in December for reasons I'm not even going to bother mentioning. However, I am looking at setting something up for February March sort of time. What I would like to know is;

1 Who would be interested in coming

2 When - what dates are good bad to allow recovery from christmas financial assualt etc

3 What you would want to get out of such a weekend, not specifics, but would you prefer to have night patrols and objectives to complete or sit round a fire drinking beer in the evening? that sort of thing

The intention is to set up an interesting weekend that evryone gets something out of and enjoys, hence asking what you would prefer to have happen. As previous I would envisage having a properly prepared CP/bunker, field kitchen, potential for using vehicles off road - off road land rover flektarn types go off roading at this location so its not best suited to pristine DKWs or anything you don't want being subjected to some relatively harsh treatment

cheers

matt

Return to “UK reenactment and events”