Fortress Wales 2010

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
dragon gun

Re: Fortress Wales 2010

Post by dragon gun »

Confirmed 22/3/2010

The South Wales Borderers WW2 Re-enactment Group

American Civil War CURS

Freemen of Gwent,

Ron Chamberlain Ronco History Walker

Monmouthshire Branch of the Muzzleloaders

Western Front Association

Marcher Stuarts

La Columna

Royal Navy

The Spivs Walking Display

Vikings of Middle England

Kompanie 1

Companions of the Forest

Companions of the Longbow

Free Company Y Siluriad and Tudors

Kampfgruppe Stahkrieger

Nobletales Retinue (medieval 1350-1420)

16th-SS Panzergrenadier Division "Reichsfuhrer-SS".

FJR2

The Royal Warwicks

Past Regiments

Y Cantref Breniol (Regia Annglorum)

Lovat Scouts

Company of Ordinance

Anglesey Hussars

Mid 42

4JACS

Sir Henry Vaughan Sealed Knot

Margam Archery Bowmakers

Glamorgan Home Guard

Autumn 44

A&A LHG
Is it true i can retire when i die.

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May
take a step back in time…..multi-period living history and military vehicle weekend.

Set in the wonderful grounds of CALDICOT CASTLE COUNTRY PARK
Church Road, Caldicot NP26 4HU
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Saw the photo shoot went well yesterday - Well done folks - Lots of hard work going into this and you all deserve credit - Especially the Sidney family - Dedication above and beyond the call of duty.
nelz

Post by nelz »

Those who need to hire a weapon for this event from Hamish, the Sec 5 Hirer, ,... then get yer skates on and get booked in now.

cheers.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

PLEASE READ

It has been decided by the Park and the 2 Co-Organisers that Walking Displays who PAY to entry the Show at the gate will not be allowed to entry the show with any form of WEAPON on there person

This has been decided due to the fact that it was mentioned at the site meeting that we only invite groups who submit their PLI and Risk Assessment to attend Fortress Wales

The PARK and the 2 Co-organisers have now decided that all Walking displays who pay at the gate will not be allowed to entry site with any form of weapons unless they have:-

Removed/Taken off the weapon from their person

Already booked in as a Walking display and submitted the correct paperwork, this means they would gain FREE ENTRY with a pass

Or

They carry their Membership Cards/PLI/ Risk Assessment with them

“Unless Booked in with Organisers or correct paperwork the Carrying of Weapons around and on Paying Entry to this Site is Strictly Prohibited."

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May
take a step back in time…..multi-period living history and military vehicle weekend.

dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May

dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

Sorry No more applications for TRADERS being sent out

Also if you read the paperwork you are sent you will see that NO BB GUNS are allowed on site.
Traders/Re-enactors please read the information sent out to you

We have had this rule since show one

wendy

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May

Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

I was speaking to Hamish yesterday (the armourer - http://www.history-making.com 023 92 253175) and he is puzzled as to why all his Yank weapons have been booked but only one item on the German side, an MG42 for my group, KSK.

It won't be the case that he will take lots of 'spare' weapons for you to have on the day, as the Plod require an approved ratio of 'minders' to weapons carried and if stuff like Section 5 MGs and submachineguns aren't prebooked he won't take them, to save costs. He may well have some section 1 stuff 'spare' like K98s but if you want something then please book it - no money is required until the show when you complete the initial formalities with passport and ID to set up your 'account' as it were.

The casual days of having something on the spur of the moment are passing behind us as the Police and Home Office are taking more of an interest in this really quite unregulated side of the industry (compared to, say. film and TV) and we have to wise up... I have just discovered for example that it is an offence for a Section 1 FAC holder to 'lend' their rifle to a fellow group member to use in a battle. The terms of a Section 1 specifically forbid hiring or lending the weapon to another.... I know this has been common practice for years but if discovered by a routine check for example then there are serious consequences...

On a happier note HITM has managed to obtain an MG34 which will be added to the available stock after live proofing. This will be dearer than the MG42s to hire as it is a genuine German WW2 example unlike the Yugo M53/42s. Again, 7.92 calibre... I would love to see this baby firing on my Lafette!!! Is this a first as I can't recall seeing any MG34s in battles although I think Vickers had one briefly?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

John Oxlade has an MG34 on 7.92mm, which runs smoothly. The Waterman brothers used to have an MG34 we used in the mid 90s - from memory it was on 7.62mm and was a bit temperamental.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Bit off topic Dave but Vickers had an MG34 which we made quite a bit of use of but it was temperamental. Dave Lapworth once took it out for a weekend's battling at Mereworth and we had a spare barrel and everything for her...... Kept her clean (LOADS of WD40!!!!) and doing barrel changes with her was phenomenal. Not to go into detail but it is the method used to obtain the recoil necessary to cycle the blank that causes problems. Once this is fine tuned they are great. Good on Hamish for investing in one - I myself would like to see more as I feel they are more evocative than the 42 (although the 42 is an awesome piece of machinery)

Years ago someone else had an MG34 - I do remember the Watermans' kit as well - and again - once set up and if maintained (kept clean) then they ran beautifully - I once took Nick Waterman's 34 out at Hawkinge and had a whizzer of a two days lugging her about and blatting Brit Paras with her....... spare barrel and lots of cleaning was the trick.
dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

Sorry about the delay in passes being sent out to you all

I think we have a problem down the park with the printer having problems printing out the over 550 passes

Any worries or problem give us a buzz

Buck and me are always here to help by email or on the phone

wendy.sidney206@btinternet.co

p.day3@ntlworld.com

wendy

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May

dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

If your group is booked into the WW2 battle

PLease if you are thinking of hiring a weapon

DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT

ACT now

Give the section 5 man a ring

Hamish MacLeod
023 92253175
History in the Making Ltd
www.history-making.com

No Tears or teddy bear throwing at the show
ACT NOW

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May

dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

700 passes have been sent out today

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

[quote="Pug42"]I was speaking to Hamish yesterday (the armourer - http://www.history-making.com 023 92 253175) and he is puzzled as to why all his Yank weapons have been booked but only one item on the German side, an MG42 for my group, KSK.

its most likely that alot of guys on the german side have there own Live K98's due to the obtainability of them. As a garand is a SLR , your going to get more yanks booking then germans :)
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Pug42 wrote: I would love to see this baby firing on my Lafette!!! Is this a first as I can't recall seeing any MG34s in battles although I think Vickers had one briefly?
Also, off topic again,

I used vickers MG 34, it worked well time to time and was lovely to fire. We tried to use it on the tripod but it would only fire 2-3 rounds , but on the LMG role it would rattle of like no biusness , really dont know why it wouldnt work on the tripod
dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

I wish you all a safe journey to Fortress Wales

I will be going down there some time tomorrow

If you need to speak to me you have my phone number on your information sheets

Welcome to Fortress Wales 2010

Come on Mr Sun Shine on Wales for us

wendy and Paul

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May

Return to “UK reenactment and events”