Fort Nelson Royal Armouries

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Fort Nelson Royal Armouries

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Went to this event as guests of the WWIILHA - Bloody good venue - as usual Royal Armouries know how to lay on a show - Had a good time with 916 and FJR6 Bloody top blokes!!!!! Roffster's 1st Inf were crackers - I got wounded and taken to a field hospital where I tried for an Oscar Nomination but unfortunately dies (Nurse intentionally OD me on Morphine!)
Lots of top quality groups there and flying the flag for the Soviet Union Bolshevik Untermensch Club were the illustrious 2nd Guards and their collection of gaily coloured hats! big turnout and lots of authentic chaps and chappesses wibbling to and fro. Devons and the Hamsters represented Tommy...... Historical Maritime Society (I hope I got that right ) were bloody brilliant as RN. Herr Feldjager made a fandabbydozy Nosferatu in the tunnels and the German Field Hospital was bosting! Crox de Lorraine are a group I've not encountered before and the Poileu (SP?) looked great in his blue uniform......

Firepowers were cool (glad it's not just our weapons that jam) I thought I recognised large amounts of Mark's commentary from somewhere.... Battle was well executed considering the limited area in which to put it on. Only required minimal suspension of disbelief Beiong completely biased I thought 916 looked and acted the dog's the way they burst forth and deployed 2 MG42 teams. The Leutnant (Booooo Hissssss) did well not to have the commentator executed for treason and Riedmuller was a top terror with his Mauser.....

Fort Nelson was a long haul for us but it was great to get down amongst a bunch of 100% re-enactors and Living Historians. If this was a taste of what Bovington will be like - WOWSERS!

To Wayne Roff, Dave Page and Dave Bennett Thanks
To Mark Selwood - Thanks
Ooooh! And I got to set the bangs off too!!!!
Riedmuller

Re: Fort Nelson Royal Armouries

Post by Riedmuller »

Fwbl Dollman wrote: Firepowers were cool (glad it's not just our weapons that jam) I thought I recognised large amounts of Mark's commentary from somewhere....
i found a book in the "broom cupboard" called Jane's book of weapons?? i wonder what he needed that for?

i had fun as said and nice to see you all and get to know you better

the panzerschreck incident has to be the most exciting part and my hearing is still going out :?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

He he! Just read me post again - When I said Roff's lads were crackers - I mean they were cracking - It's Roff who's crackers!!!!!
Yeah - the schreck - least said the better... I SAID LEAST SAID......

Lovely weekend, weird sleeping arrangements, nice views, long drive...... Met a Royal Marine Veteran who was absolutley enchanting - He's written his life story and I'm trying to get hold of a copy..
carentan

Post by carentan »

All you AFRA boys and girls as well as the 916 boys were great display neighbours. We had a fantastic time, very relaxed but exciting moments.

Did anyone else notice how the standard of the Ivans seem to just drop overnite, can't put my finger on why :wink: Well, not unless I had a bloody long finger :lol:

See you all soon

Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Ade checks Nu-Pogodi's issue wooden leg.....**cough please** :lol:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Tom.

Gave me a fit of hysterics, now put the same on the other forum. :twisted:
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

Adrian Stevenson

Post by Adrian Stevenson »

:lol: :lol: That is really funny I must admit!

The actual explanation is that I was inspecting the ranks and Rob's Gym was scrunched up at the front and I was pulling it down. That is my story and I am sticking to it .... :oops:

Cheers, Ade.
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

carentan wrote: Did anyone else notice how the standard of the Ivans seem to just drop overnite
The standard did not drop! I spent all of both Sunday parades fighting to keep the damn thing in my hands! And I have photo evidence too.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I dunno! I thought you lot were flagging by Monday.......
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

To Paul and his guys from Afra and to darren and his from FJR6, Thanks for a great effort...... I look forward to seeing you at Bovington Tankfest.....

All the Best

Return to “UK reenactment and events”