Which Events?

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.

Which Events Do You Profer

Multi Period
29%
MVT
No votes
Small Shows
14%
Large Beltring Style Shows
14%
Railway Events
5%
Private Living History Battles
36%
Private Battles With Burger Vans Etc
2%

Total votes: 42

Jon Das Reich

Which Events?

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Which events are your favorite be it private or public
Edelweise

Post by Edelweise »

i just love the private LH battles :wink:
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

I enjoy most events but the multi period are my fav events as they can appeal to a varied base of mops and reenactors.
I see MVT style events havnt got one vote i wonder if this is due to a backlash against their anti axis policy
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

I voted for the multi period events but the small shows can be just as enjoyable aswell, last year my favourite event was a small 1 day show at the shuttleworth collection :D
herman the german

Post by herman the german »

How about just the burger van on it's own........
stabsfeildwebel otto kuntz
http://www.ramcke.org.uk/
Edelweise

Post by Edelweise »

Tanaka! sureley you have voted as you have because you dont get the call for japanesse private battles? (just a question not having a go) as i see it you've sort of isolated yourself, and you must feel you miss out on alot going on. Im asking these question because i am trueley intrested, mabe i should'nt off asked on this thread . :wink:
Edelweise

Post by Edelweise »

The private battles swing it for me if thier done properley i just love em. :twisted:
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Hans Krieger wrote:Tanaka! sureley you have voted as you have because you dont get the call for japanesse private battles? (just a question not having a go) as i see it you've sort of isolated yourself, and you must feel you miss out on alot going on. Im asking these question because i am trueley intrested, mabe i should'nt off asked on this thread . :wink:
I guess that would go for the same for reenactors who portray DAK or 8th Army etc.
I wonder what the % of reenactors that actually take part in priavete battles against ones who only public events? IMHO i would say about 50-50
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

i voted railways

(when they let us in :wink: )

but again i enjoy all events except burger vans :wink:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Les
what about the Spurs reenactment society do you enjoy them shows also? :lol: :wink:
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Hans Krieger wrote:Tanaka! sureley you have voted as you have because you dont get the call for japanesse private battles? (just a question not having a go) as i see it you've sort of isolated yourself, and you must feel you miss out on alot going on. Im asking these question because i am trueley intrested, mabe i should'nt off asked on this thread . :wink:
not a problem mate, yeah i have sort of shot myself in the foot when it comes to things like, private battles or film work or anything really by doing Japanese, but Japanese is where my interest lies so thats what i do, if it means i don't get to battle or anything then thats just one of those things, used to do Brit para so i experienced battles both public and private, and yeah it was good but they weren't good enough for me to keep doing an impression im not interested in just so i could battle if you get what i mean.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Jon Das Reich wrote:Les
what about the Spurs reenactment society do you enjoy them shows also? :lol: :wink:
wash your bloody mouth out

:roll:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Edelweise

Post by Edelweise »

good for you! Tanaka love it when someone does what he is intrested in, its just a shame you dont get to the battles ect: could be intresting a japanesse unit turning up in the Hurtgen :wink:
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

cheers mate, there are a few Japanese battles out there, just got to travel to the states to take part though :cry: still maybe next year :D
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

You may have a public battle soon within the UK ryan from what ive heard.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”