WAR AND PEACE SHOW THANKS

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

WAR AND PEACE SHOW THANKS

Post by TIGER RIDER »

well..wat a show we had this year folks and in my opinion some of the best displays ever...
It was pointed out to me by two very prominent people within the organisation of the show how superb our field is.This is only down to one thing..YOU guys and girls for all your efforts and help and understanding..from the ww1 lads to the modern gulf war lads.
Each group on our field no matter wat thier portrayal strive to do their best and it helps a lot.Our"s is the first cleared of civvy cars and shit in the mornings...ours is the buisiest field...ours is the field with the warmest welcomes....

Yes we still have a few minor problems but believe me when i say they are being looked at.Its nice this year to so-far get no negative comments so hopefully Im doing something right!!
Even the showers and toilets were better this year(slightly!!but thats an improvement)..yes ive had comments ref.the security but on the whole they did thier job with our co-operation.Its very hard for a firm to come to a show like ours and not be overwhelmed by it all so please...again improvements will be made.

On a personnel note i would like to thanks a few people on here who once again i couldnt have done this again this year.
danny Howard....a true friend and my right hand guy ,,kept me sane and kept me larffing(and pissed too!!)
Nick "the proffesor",,some of you would have seen him and sum no him..he"s been helping out on our field for 3 years now..a greta guy and a civil war re-enactor.always manning the office..thnaks nick.
Paul the Dalby.....like danny paul takes a lot of pressure of my shoulders at important times and i couldnt manage without him....knowing that the entire axis areas are always being looked after is a comfort..thanks paul....a trooper and a star!!..
Lee swallow....my young apprentice who"s been helping for ages now and is as good as Iam!!!well nearly...he only got down for the weekend but took over so me and danny and paul could "play"..thanks lee...your a chip off old slapheads block!!!
to steve and helen vickers...once again support and kind words and help are above and beyond..

to my unsung heroes who help set up 3 weeks before the show...you no who you are,,thanks lads...again couldnt do it without you all..

and finally to you ALL......without the hellos,,,and cup"s of tea and coffee...the banter..jokes....the support and good wishes all the time at the show i couldnt do it....

this year for me was a breath of fresh air and has revitalised my ambitions for the show...

..MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL
PEACE OUT...
DONT ASK ME BOUT NEXT YEARS SHOW FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS!!HAHA

GREG COTTEE.. :twisted:

OH..CAN SOMEONE PASTE THIS TO OTHER FORUM FOR ME..THANKS..
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”