War and Peace show 2009

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
nelz

Re: War and Peace show 2009

Post by nelz »

..back to the original thread in my opinion fellas.....

Great portrayal Dave, great bunch of guys dedicated to getting it right, never afraid to ask opinion , help from others, all of you very humble and approachable,enthusiastic and dedicated... fine example of what axis re-enactment is or should be about. Keep doing what you are doing , it's working fine , well done.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

I'm actually on holıday at present and unable to do anythıng constructıve.

However, Joe has sent a message to me vıa the U-Boat Socıety websıte and has ınformed me that hıs account on the Axıs forum has been hacked. He further ınforms me that he has contacted the mods on thıs forrum to ınform them them of thıs.

Untıl we get to the bottom of thıs I thınk we ought to gıve Joe the benefıt of the doubt untıl the matter has been resolved.

See you all ın a week's tıme.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

I have known the real Joe for over a year now and he is a great guy, he has informed me of his account being hacked and someone using it to make him hated amongst the reenactment world. What 'he' supposedly typed was totally contrary to his real self, as he was the supplier of many items of SS kit I use for reenactment and many of his other friends reenact SS aswell. I think the best thing is to forget the whole sour experience, and find out who truly is to blame!

Kauer
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

It would on the other hand, be very interesting to find out who did it.
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

Reference the posts by joe please see general section..Joe"s account WAS hacked..
thnaks
greg.
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hey up joe ya got me respect back fella
really could not understand the post ...............seemed verry unusual

please dont let the twat get to ya fella .........you is a nice guy really

peeps you all know me now .
i prefer to see ss alongside all branches of reenacting
and i know joe doesnt mind one hoot what uniform is worn.
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Following on from a truly great show this year - I was speaking to most of the Groups on "The Island" as the AFRA area is known.... Das Reich Occupy one end whilst Kampfgruppe Stahlkrieger the other - In between are Lehr, 116, Sanitaats Abt, 85 Gebirgs, FG39/45 and sometimes others fill the gaps...... Now - take a look at the photo below and look at the area.
Beltring aerial.jpg
Beltring aerial.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 5024 times
There is lots of open space there -

So the idea is for 2010 that we co-ordinate with ALL the groups on there and create a display that is something special. We have enough room enough people, equipment, vehicles etc. to make a proper, walkthrough display, give the occupants plenty of living space and build some superb dioramas including an expanded Soldatenheim, a full Hopsital, a Vehicle park/Repair area, Command Post and a huge frontline trench where all combat soldiers can make themselves at home.

Gregg is behind the idea and so we have the potential to really improve on what was a blinding 2009. I'll be in touch with the head sheds soon and I very much hope that you will join in 100% to showcase your hobby.......
bee

Post by bee »

Boy, I look forward to that, good idea, should be really impressive!
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I ought to add that of course each group will be credited prominently for their contributions if this works out - After all - it's nice to work together but it's also nice to be recognised for the effort and materiel/personnel supplied to make the bigger picture work.......
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Not a bad idea Paul but what would you do about groups that represent different Time zones or Theatres?

I'm sure you've got a plan mate and you're right it's amazing how many gaps there is on that field! :shock:

All the best with your plans!
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Was thinking the same Dale, but nothing that couldnt be sorted.

As for plenty of room, we could hardly put another thing on our patch.
Had to park the vehicles out front :D
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Reich Crispies wrote:Was thinking the same Dale, but nothing that couldnt be sorted.

As for plenty of room, we could hardly put another thing on our patch.
Had to park the vehicles out front :D

You could just do a big POW camp...................I'll supply the guards! :lol: :lol:
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The time zones don't really matter - Different theatres? Hmmmmmm - As for vehicles - a designated area with rows should make them look impressive rather than penny packets and also the guards thing - I am toying with having patrols around a "perimiter"......... Maybe we can erect a fence around that bit of wasteland up near the East of England Boys - and let Mullers TK boys stroll around it :P

Also have a plan for the woods behind the arena - Chorlitz and 3Kp Windhund might want to share some real estate with Pz Fs GD????.......................

It's about making best use of space as well as extending the new ethos of co-operation that is happening...... Greg has a mammoth task on for next year and my bit is to help make the bottom end that much better - with the quality of people on that space I can't see it being much of a problem...... As said - look at the photo...... see how the tentage can be made to fit into it (Das Reich's Zelt city shows the way - Neil took note of a suggestion I made and it worked) The Soldatenheim needs space - and he's right - they were crushed up - Gave space to four people who sat and sunbathed then sodded off without filling in a hole they'd had dug - Won't be doing that again eh mate?

I'll be talking with people soon and then putting ideas forward to be worked on. Hopefully this will raise the bar and provide people with better living space as well as more display space........
rednas

Post by rednas »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Also have a plan for the woods behind the arena - Chorlitz and 3Kp Windhund might want to share some real estate with Pz Fs GD????.......................
We will :D
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Some of our lads are ıtchıng to do a Dıeppe or Caen Krıegsmarıne footsoldıer type ımpressıon, laden down wıth K98's/pouches, stahlhelms, etc.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Return to “UK reenactment and events”