War & Peace "A Little Piece of France" 2009

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Reich Crispies

War & Peace "A Little Piece of France" 2009

Post by Reich Crispies »

Many thanks to all the British and Axis units that supported this arena event, and a huge well done.
You looked great out there chaps.
The feedback from the public and organisers is very encouraging for doing this again next year.
Personnaly loved Saturdays gig. A sea of Field Grey breaking on a wall of Brown.
A sight for sore eyes :D

Mention in dispatches for:

"Sarge" (SWB) who played his appointed role to perfection
Gregg & PD. What can I say? Without your support behind the scenes we would have been truely screwed

Sorry for stressing out about the whole deal, and if I said or did anything to cause offence I didnt mean it :oops:
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Hoffman Grink

Re: War & Peace "A Little Piece of France" 2009

Post by Hoffman Grink »

As ever Nelly Baby - A pleasure to be of assistance - And also what we do what we do at W&P every year......

Your vignettes were inspirational and I for one hope you get to expand upon it in 2010.

If anything you are too critical on yourself - remember - no plan ever survives contact.

And as for causing offence my friend - you could never do that - as opposed to one particular dog's knob who - as a result of his complete and utter ignorance, refusal to acknowledge his shortcomings, inability to integrate with anyone or anything and most dismaying of all - poured scorn on the efforts of one old man who lost 80% of his brother soldiers at Hill 112 - completely lost my trust, what little respect and friendship I had left for him as well as proving that you can not teach old dogs new tricks.

Sorry to insert a negative aspect Neil - but to see you asking for forgiveness if you caused offence when some boorish spoiled fop can not even see what he does wrong strikes a chord that resounds deeply. A man of your commitment who gives in the way he does ought not to even consider the prospect of giving the slightest offence.

And you don't even own "a Tiger". :roll:
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

It was a pleasure to participate in both battles. Well scripted and it all seemed to work out well :)
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Couldnt have pulled it off without you and Nordland Mikkel.

Check out the Saturday pictures at the War & Peace official site.
Some good shots of you and the lads at work :wink

PD, thanks for the kind words. I guess I just want to put on a good show so much, I lose focus
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

many thanks for letting the gebirgs attend a nice little touch to the beltring battles
also great little storyline to go with it

well done chaps
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Lemming

Post by Lemming »

Hi guys,

Battle looked spot on, great job! Hope you do it again next year! Managed to get some cracking shots to sort out for you. I'm not sure who the brit units were, do you have a contact so I can get in touch and send them some piccies?

Here are a couple I've done so far:

maddog

Post by maddog »

Excellent job as ever Neil, well done!!!!!

Wullie
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk
LAH- Obergrenadier

Post by LAH- Obergrenadier »

shortbread wrote:I not like the war and peace show, always to many SS reenacters. John Sweeney was right "weekend Nazis".
SS reenacters are destroying the hobby..... say yes to only Wehrmacht reenactment!

Joe

Here we go again.......how many more times we have to go down this road on this forum???

Havn't you already posted this on another thread in this section/events.....to hijack this thread in this way is bang out of order too..... TWIT

H
STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Wullie
Thanks for the kind words.
The sight of N44 all applauding us leaving the arena left the lads filled with pride (and my eyes with a few tears!)
Thanks a lot to you and the lads for the support
Neil
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

shortbread wrote:I not like the war and peace show, always to many SS reenacters. John Sweeney was right "weekend Nazis".
SS reenacters are destroying the hobby..... say yes to only Wehrmacht reenactment!

Joe
If you dont like what you see at Beltring, then guess what, you can opt not to go, mind you that may be difficult for you.
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

gurowski wrote:

Joe
If you dont like what you see at Beltring, then guess what, you can opt not to go, mind you that may be difficult for you.
:D :D :D
Zeigler

Post by Zeigler »

Reich Crispies wrote:Wullie
Thanks for the kind words.
The sight of N44 all applauding us leaving the arena left the lads filled with pride (and my eyes with a few tears!)
Thanks a lot to you and the lads for the support
Neil
Again many thanks for letting Nordland participate. The battle itself was unforgettable and the week as well. Never have I felt so welcome before! I hope to see you guys next year!
Reenactor in the swedish group FHF
http://www.reenactor.se
Sturmmann Zeigler
nelz

Post by nelz »

It was a pleasure to lend support to Neil for his " little piece of France "... I told you it would go fine , do not underestimate your enthusiasm my friend , it is infectous and brings together all the elements which are great in re-enactment,... different groups working and playing together enjoying the hobby. Well done mate and everyone else involved,... would love to do something similar next year.

best wishes from the renagades in KSK.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

as mod on this forum (yes i am in there somewhere)
i have contacted admin by email and posted within wolfschanze(mod section) with an insight to look into a forum hack or other user chopping into other forum members accounts regarding posts (made on behalf of forum member shortbread)

i hope this childish action stops.

and that it doesnt detract from the hard work put in by the good guys and girls on this forum.

the soldtenheim was astounding.

you all made it look brilliant

the frau girls are a force to be reckoned with ,(i know one of them is my wife)

congrats to das reich and the frau girls for a brilliant show.

it is a pleasure to be associated with such fine peeps :wink:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Thanks Nelz :wink:
Was a total blast working together for the first time.
Not the last one I hope!

Nick, you and Mich were integral to the display. Hat goes off to you two as always.
Hope you can be with us at NYMR. We desperately need a good medical display.
They will be plenty of trade for you :wink:

Return to “UK reenactment and events”