IS Beltring the Time to Do Something New?

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

IS Beltring the Time to Do Something New?

Post by Hoffman Grink »

There's been a bit of discussion around for some time now and so I thought I'd pop it into the public arena

Folks are seemingly keen to put on a "more professional " looking display here and there. Also to try to "co-ordinate" the overall look of things.

Well would Beltring be the place to try this out? I mean we haev a week to do it and tweak it - We are mostly all mates. We have big areas which we share (except SBG the lucky barstewards! :wink: ) and so we could have a go at improving out lot.

For one - us lot (AFRA) will be pitching our big tentage in such a way as it provides a backdrop to our display rather than a sometimes untidy view into a re-enactor's pit! We are taking a dining shelter also to pitch at the back and give a proper rest area. At the front of the display we are going to pitch our period stuff in such a way as it is ordered and with respect to our neighbours on both sides, we hope to "blend" from one to the other. IF everyone stoof back a bit and looked at what they do - Perhaps we could not only make our displays more coherent but make more room of the rag tag space that usually develops in the middle.....

Don't want to ruin anyone's lives - just want to help in a small way to make us all look better - It's not about how much shit you cart along (although we are lucky in as much as we usually have plenty of it!) but what you do with what you have.... If we can make the great variety that usually appears blend from one thing to the next we could have a really good continual display this year......
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

in one word

yes

things will be dropping off from now on as less and less public become aware of what we do as most of the ww2 main anniversary days are dwindling away.

i think we neeed to pick certain ww2 event anniversarys and "push" it into the front of peoples minds.
you now
el'allamein,tobruk,
and so on
there are enough anniversarys in ww2 to do this .
if we dont do anything soon the shows will stagnate.
no disrespect to all groups here but when you have seen one display one year and then it is the same the next ,then why pay the third year to see it again .

its not about what you have got but how you display it. as paull points out
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”