Essex Event

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Jon Das Reich

Essex Event

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Hi

I was approached today regarding an event in Chelmsford Essex area, this is a 1st time that they have put on a military show and are dipping their toe in the water to see how it would go for future years.

The event will be held on the 9th July at the museum of power
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/ the event is a one day affair but there is camping avaiable.
There will be food stalls on site but no beer tent at the moment but they are looking into it but cannot guarantee that one will be on site.
At the moment they have some other groups form other periods ie Vikings and sealed knot attending but are looking at other periods also.
Theres doesnt seem to be a problem regarding Axis units also, otherwise why they phoned me up this afternoon.
If you are interested in attending contact Tony Turner via their website.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

good for me :lol:

could be a problem for us at the mills tho
i have been asked to put on a multi period as well :wink: next year.

:shock:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Speak to them early and get them to co-ordinate the two events. Stress that you are already well into the planning and let them know your date :wink:
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

So are you not doing it then Jon?
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Hi Adam,

We are just sending some of the local lads to this event to see what it is like as its only a one dayer and for me and some of the others abit far to travel for one day. If the event is a success hopefully we maybe able to add it to our event calendar in future years.
grenadier heeder

Well, not wanting to tread on your toes or anything do you want Kp1 along? We've a bit of a gap now we've scrubbed SVR.
Ad
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Hi Adam,

This event is open to all hence why i put it on the forum, otherwise i would of kept it to myself :wink: :lol:

Like i said i know very little about the site and event apart from what i was told over the phone and have posted already.

If any group are interested get in touch be it Axis or Allied.

I did mention to the guy on the phone that this is in SBG's area and they may be interested if not already booked up, but i guess they will have anyone who wants to come along.
Last edited by Jon Das Reich on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grenadier heeder

cheers Jon
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Couple of our guys went and visited the site this weekend the event has had a change of heart and now doesnt want any W-SS reenactors.

Tony Turner who contacted me 1st still wants W-SS reenactors but the rest of the events committee dont so if your a W-SS group this is a no go but how i see it other Axis units are welcome.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

looks like the abbey are the only place left for ya then :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in essex

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

les hearn wrote:looks like the abbey are the only place left for ya then :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in essex
looks like it Les im trying to get the Abbey to ban Arsenal fans :lol:
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

what ban ARSENAL fans at an ARSENAL supporting venue

you know gunpowder---mill
arsenal you get it :wink:

poteau rottenfurer

museum of power

Post by poteau rottenfurer »

hello all

thunder from heaven have been asked to support the event by a former member who is now involved with the show.I will do some digging around the issues and get back to you,as i see it another case of blind ignorance about reenacting!!!

wil post any info as this sound like a nice little local event
cheers

dave grover
TFH

Return to “UK reenactment and events”