WESTWALD/ARDENNES LIVING HISTORY EVENT - DECEMBER

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Steiner

Re: WESTWALD/ARDENNES LIVING HISTORY EVENT - DECEMBER

Post by Steiner »

Sounds good to me, PD. :)
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
maddog

Post by maddog »

A few of us are doing our first airsoft gig next week, not WW2 though, but who knows maybe some more allies will be available soon. :twisted:
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It's good that N44 are giving it a go - What a bonus it si to have proactive open minded groups out there! 8)

All I can say Wullie - is approach it with WWII in mind - yep you will encounter spray adn pray so give them some wellie back!!!! But over a pint afterwards - discuss using Garands, M1s Thompsons and Grease Guns - It's possible with a little skill adns ome effort to build airsoft internals into replica .30 and .50 bodies - Controlled fire and ammo limits instead of wandering about with 20,000 rounds in electric drum mags!!!!!

I can almost guarantee that you will see the picture and be asking for a nice Northern event where you can pit your skills and wits against the dreaded Hun.

Do give us some feedback but don't let the geardos and uberwarriors put you off -

(PS if you meet any ex or serving SAS - try to get their autograph for me - I collect 'em! I have over 3,000 at present - 90% from airsofters!) :lol:
maddog

Post by maddog »

Hoffman Grink wrote:It's good that N44 are giving it a go - What a bonus it si to have proactive open minded groups out there! 8)

All I can say Wullie - is approach it with WWII in mind - yep you will encounter spray adn pray so give them some wellie back!!!! But over a pint afterwards - discuss using Garands, M1s Thompsons and Grease Guns - It's possible with a little skill adns ome effort to build airsoft internals into replica .30 and .50 bodies - Controlled fire and ammo limits instead of wandering about with 20,000 rounds in electric drum mags!!!!!

I can almost guarantee that you will see the picture and be asking for a nice Northern event where you can pit your skills and wits against the dreaded Hun.

Do give us some feedback but don't let the geardos and uberwarriors put you off -

(PS if you meet any ex or serving SAS - try to get their autograph for me - I collect 'em! I have over 3,000 at present - 90% from airsofters!) :lol:
I have already sourced an airsoft 50cal and with a bit of luck, get to use it next week, it looks pretty good, might look better on the half-track. :twisted:

To be honest, not sure if I fancy airsoft (I do like paintball), but wont know until I try, so next Sunday could be an eye-opener!!! :!:

Wont need an event up North though (would probably be to small), a quality one anywhere is what counts, quite happy to travel to something decent. :D
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi PD...
"petty powermongers at their heads" ... spot on mate...
I reckon that there is a 25% nutter to 75% normal ....group leader like that in reenacting, I have been a member of a Vietnam group in the 1980s that went that way,also seen it in Napoleonic Assoc (not my group though!)... and over the yrs in WW2 reenacting many times I have witnessed what I call "Traffic warden syndrome" You know.. Peaked cap/Uniform bit of power,people to push about etc.. have come,taken over a group.... caused angst, hung around like a bad smell then finally been found out or kicked out for the meglamaniac twats that they are.
Whilst we spend our lives doing everyday,mundane things,then going away for an event they live and breath it 24/7... not the reenacting... the controlling of their group.
Most notably for me was the Old LHA RED1 group leader who for yrs kept his group isolated and in the dark on what was on offer to them , many an invite from the LHA82nd AB to go to the Annual Ardennes battle marches (he went though!) and the 2nd Armored group also invited them along went unanswered or "not interested", always through the leader, only after he was finally trapped and confronted at a training weekend did it all come to light just how controlling he had been and cooking the books to boot!!!...frightening!..
There are quite a few new reenactors who have done 1,2 and 3 yrs of public shows and still have not done 1 private tactical event!...
what a waste of oppotunity and time for them..to me its like having a car but no wheels!.
Is it the need to stand around in public,...Belters/Delters/Victory looking Gucci in latest repro that these young guys want or is it to feel as the ww2 vets their intrigued with to experience the tiredness, cold ,wet misery and still have to do stagg at 02.30hrs BUT have a scripted living history scenario that guarantees a set of actions for them?... in the past I new the answer... now?... not so sure.
Cheers Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”