WESTWALD/ARDENNES LIVING HISTORY EVENT - DECEMBER

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
dagda

Re: WESTWALD/ARDENNES LIVING HISTORY EVENT - DECEMBER

Post by dagda »

Why not!!Give it a go!! This is not a cheap hobby anyway! Ill hopfully get a few chaps and get the ferry over!

And Herr Gowert, if Pauli and I are there !!you are too my sahn!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Mr D's K98 is nearing completion. Just needs the rear part of the bolt converting (simples) and a few cosmetic details and a paint job.

Put a few rounds through it this morning and it's a stonker :twisted:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

WOW!
For those fancying it - Bryn got the bits on Friday 19th June - He's got it to this stage without any machine tools (apart from a dril) and the donors were 1.4 DBoys K98s, a TM VSR and a real stock plus some real metalwork. Why not dive in and make yourself one?

I think you will agree it's representative enough to use in a WWII setting and it shoots about 50m!

Thanks Bryn.
dagda

Post by dagda »

looks good!! Ill stick with Sturmgewehr, padded reversable and some Iron rations!! have it!!

Steiner

Post by Steiner »

BaggyPants wrote:Mr D's K98 is nearing completion. Just needs the rear part of the bolt converting (simples) and a few cosmetic details and a paint job.

Put a few rounds through it this morning and it's a stonker :twisted:
that looks bloomin' good, BP! Got a mate who's building me one also. 8)
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

dagda wrote:looks good!! Ill stick with Sturmgewehr, padded reversable and some Iron rations!! have it!!
December 44 means you can have the Sturmy - But the ammo limits will mean no spray and pray! Also the bolt action limits mean you are at a disadvantage when facing one - That first shot often counts..........
dagda

Post by dagda »

Thats taken as read! spray and pray defeats the purpose!! This sounds great! slit trench,zelt,blankies,reversable padded,stove .splosh, stg44,fallschirmjager kameraden, superb! and well done
Last edited by dagda on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

What am I on? I'm spamming me own thread now AND - we will be on the same side!!!! ha ha ha ha :lol: 8)
Edelweise

Post by Edelweise »

is this event still on not seen any more posts ? i really hope its still on................
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Haha Carl

I was thinking the same!
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

SO is it?
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

Due to a lack of interest, this may be postponed, I am sure there will be an update in a day or two.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

As G181 says - Lack of interest - not only that but apathy and an elemnt of downright anti event actions and feeling have put htis in jeapordy - at the moment on ice and trying to either salvage or re-arrange for a later date.

Loads of Germans - LOADS - wanting to do it.
Allies - very few. Many thanks to the airsoft re-enactment community who have supported this but the amount of negative crap foisted upon us by "diehard" re-enactors who either are too wuss to live in the field for two days in December and/or reticent to "purchase a RIF just for one event" has been both laughable and unbelieveable.

Now the new AGM Sten is out and very affordable I wonder how many will turn tail and clamour for some events to "get some in"?

Meyer posted a thread about why is there a lack of private events. I'll tell you why - because re-enactors in the main are idle and want it all doing for them. Then when it is set up they all piss on it and pull it to bits. Money talks adn bullshit walks - This holds true amongst our ranks. A person or persons set up an event based on what they hear to be needed/wanted. They put in a large amount fo work and some investment (rarely returned I hasten to add) and then when it is announced the nay sayers leap in - Saying how it is too hard, not right, wrong scenario, a blat fest, too elitist, too expensive, too far away, wrong time of year etc. etc. etc. Take your pick. So I say - at this moment in time - what's the point? This generation is NOT the generation I started with. They just can't hack it full stop.

So the short answer is - It's not happening on the date specified - but that's not to say it won't happen. Let's look at 2010 when people have less on their mind and maybe a little more imagination and backbone.

PS - and YES I AM pissed off about it - what's gone on surrounding this venture will NOT be forgotten and some will get told in plain English where to go when they come snickelling back to take part.
Edelweise

Post by Edelweise »

im very sorry to hear this pd, people should of backed it, even just to see how it worked out. well as always you have our support for the next one if there is one.

Good luck!
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Indeed. Damn shame.

Regards
Tom.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt

Return to “UK reenactment and events”