NYMR Railway 16th – 18th October 2009

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Reich Crispies

NYMR Railway 16th – 18th October 2009

Post by Reich Crispies »

Once again Levisham railway station will be going back in time and becoming “Le Visham” , France October 1943.
The station sits 1.5 miles from the nearest town, is almost totally of 1913 era, and set in stunning scenery (if you've ever seen "Hartbeat" its filmed in the area)

We have a very exciting and demanding scenario this year and to this end, we are looking for Heer/Waffen/home front groups interested in attending.
(Not much for you Lufty types this year I’m afraid, but if you would still like to attend and cant make the uniform change, email me anyway. Next year, 2010, is all about you Luftwaffe anyway so watch this space).

For those groups that haven’t attended before, the event is a little different than the normal railway event.
We run a very tight schedule, staying in character between 09:00-17:00 each day.
The scenario is written and scripted in such a way to give you specific tasks/scenes to complete all day long, so you will always be kept busy.
There isn’t a battle as such, but some combat scenes will be taking place throughout the weekend, and Pyro by WARS/AFRA will be lighting up the area at regular intervals.

No ropes or barriers, make this a must for the public who have helped to make the station one of the most popular on the line.
Free tea/coffe for re-enactors all day, every day.
Saturday night is fully catered by the station staff, with a 3 course meal and all the beer/wine included.

Light vehicles are welcome and reasonable transportation costs will be met.
Nothing heavier as the valley is very steep sided.

Period tentage preferred, though there is limited plastic camping.

I’m sure previous attendees will agree, that even though its up North, its well worth the trip, so don’t be put off by the distance.

Unlike Allied groups who book directly through NYMR, booking in for Axis groups/personnel is only through me, either by PM or via email at:
robertson1212@ntlworld.com
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Hoffman Grink

Re: NYMR Railway 16th – 18th October 2009

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Honoured to be on board again Neil.

We await your detailed scenario and will work with the WARS pyro team to ensure a SPECTACULAR weekend for those taking time to savour the delights of LeVisham -The most progressive station on the NYMR Wartime Weekend - Where the crowds are bigger than the Showground!!!!! :P

Also - our Heeres people would welcome the chance to retreat - all you have to do is holler!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Thanks PD the honour is mine :wink:

I am fleshing out the premise I showed you at RGM.
This will benifit from a site visit to be arranged early June to set the old creative juices flowing.
You up for it?
This will also help us to estimate bangs and such.

In the meantime, any Heer/Waffen groups that wish to be involved, please contact me soonest, and remember, for a change we can help with vehicle transport costs.
So dust off your krads and kubels :D

Cheers
Neil
MUDMAGNET

Post by MUDMAGNET »

This is one of the best events of the year, I would recommend it to all. I for one, wouldn't miss it for the world :wink:
It's a Das Reich do, so the evening social is awesome :twisted:
come and filter beer with us, it's fun
andy85th

Post by andy85th »

Les and the Gebirgs will set up the radio room again if you wish Neil.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Andy
That will be perfect, the girls of FRAU are scheduled to provide signal personnel.
We need combat ready infantry, so this would release you guys to help with front line activities when needed.
The radio room is always a huge hit with the public. Last year we had an awsome setup by pooling resourses. looked fantastic.

Thanks to you and your fine group for the support Andy :wink:
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Membes of the ww2 group would be happy to help out again Neil if you can use us.

Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

Even if you cant use us on the weekend we are available to help out wherever we can .

This is an excellant event that is a reflexion on the hard work that Neal and the WARS/FRAU team have put into it and deserves to be be supported .

You have the able support of Mr Dalby who will I am sure pull out all the stops to entertain and educate us all!!

Good luck folks from all of us at FJR9 and the DRK .

Andy Marsh

Frontline Association
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

sideshowbob wrote:Even if you cant use us on the weekend we are available to help out wherever we can .

This is an excellant event that is a reflexion on the hard work that Neal and the WARS/FRAU team have put into it and deserves to be be supported .

You have the able support of Mr Dalby who will I am sure pull out all the stops to entertain and educate us all!!

Good luck folks from all of us at FJR9 and the DRK .

Andy Marsh

Frontline Association
You old flattener - erm - I mean flatterer! Herr Marsche! Just bring lots of bloody bandages and dirt...... the Ruckmarsche is long and hard - Casualties threaten to be high......... The DRK may be busy this Winter.
sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

The DRK girls will be ready and usually willing .
I may be able to supply a grumpy old Stabsarzt to provide a few diagnoses if I can get my blue coller tabs in time .
LosLosLos

Post by LosLosLos »

I wonder if they have an announcement system there? :D

Be good to welcome the trains in - in German.
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

Wish all you boys and girls all the best in this. Sounds like you've got it well sorted and well done for getting in there. I understand that for many years this event was strictly verboten to German groups.
JDR

Post by JDR »

grenadier heeder wrote:Wish all you boys and girls all the best in this. Sounds like you've got it well sorted and well done for getting in there. I understand that for many years this event was strictly verboten to German groups.
very much so Adam there are still restrictions for axis reenactors like traveling on the train and entering pickering in axis uniforms, but tell you the truth the only reason we would want to go to pickering is to have a drink with our mates from N44 or to stock up on provisions from the local supermarket. At levisham the station staff make you feel at home and we wait for nothing. even the saturday night do 3 course meal, and as much as you can drink for £15.00. hot snack on through the day at cost prices and all in a lovely setting.
the only thing you have to watch out for is them pesky N44 bunch sneaking up in the night or early hours leaving their calling cards.one day we will catch them !!!!
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

yes great atmosphere at levisham
15.00 for grubb and drinks and they really make us welcome ..oh and no camping charges too :wink:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Les

May see Neil to charge gooners thou :wink: :lol:
And that boys is how you take a penalty.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”