NYMR Railway 16th – 18th October 2009

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Maleme

Re: NYMR Railway 16th – 18th October 2009

Post by Maleme »

I just want to wish Neil and everyone else this weekend a fantastic time!

Levisham is such a beautiful place and with the weather looking good I am sure it's going to be great....I'm just so sorry I can't be there!

Best wishes, Paul.

(Can't wait to see all the photos!)
PK.-Bildberichter.: Meyer.
Oberjäger-Gebirgstruppe
Fotos für Presse und Propaganda.
Berlin SW 68
Lindenstraße 38
Telef. Sammel-Nr 17 3988-89
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Guys and Gals, I'm going through to the station tonight so I will be unavailable by email or phone (Dark Territory!)

See you all down there!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

WOW!

Yet again Mister Robertson pulls a team together, pulls out all the stops and pulls off another great event.

Re-enactors from the length and breadth of the UK from Fareham to Aberdeen come together to join in and enjoy a wonderful atmosphere, beautiful scenery, marvellous railway volunteers and staff and combine to create a truly exemplary weekend.

I was priveliged to be included into a team that provided thrills spills and laughs as well as edutainment for literally thousands of people over the two days.

A microcosm of re-enactment and representation from all corners of our genre - Our friends from other "sides" as ever provided laughs, some tension and came to show their solidarity and share a glass or two with us.

As Neil will no doubt say on this very forum - He couldn't do it without us and it IS a total team effort - from different groups and societies with no boundaries. Everyone plays their part and everyone gets max back I feel.

Levisham is a great gig. It is unique and it goes from strength to strength. I want to make known my thanks and my gratitude for being able to take part alongside such a varied and brilliant crowd of people - I won't name any for fear of leaving some out - so I just say - you ALL know who you are and you should all be proud of a great weekend well spent.

THANK YOU.

PD
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Echoing Pauls sentiments really. A superb event. Loved it from start to finish. The weather was glorious, the scenarios worked well, the public asked questions galore and everyone one involved cracked on and got the job done. Was great to see so many different groups working together. With no ropes to hide behind or displays to call our own, the whole thing was one big show put on for the public, and the feedback we recieved speaks for itself.

Big thanks to Niel who puts his heart and soul into this event every year, its was good to see him more relaxed for a change as repossibilities were delegated out to others.

If you do get an invite to this event grab it. It may not be the biggest on the events calender but in my opinion it is one of the best. Cheers Niel, I look forward to next year :D
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

JDR

Post by JDR »

Im glad the event went well didnt expect anything different really with all the hands that were there.
Sorry i couldnt make it but ive gotta save all my pennies for my holidays in just over a weeks time but i will be there next year.

Well done all

Jon
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Great event, top location, look forward to it every year.

Thank you to Neil and all involved in making this event happen, you can count on our continued support for what its worth.

Mark, Pam and Graham.
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

ringer

Post by ringer »

well what can I say ..

A perfectly executed scenario in a beautiful setting.

A big thank you to Neil for inviting us to this superb event and a brilliant idea to divide the groups up to give everyone the chance to get to know each other better ... because "we" can be a little blinkered sometimes......
Big thanks for PD / Neil for letting us lurk in the woods !

after visiting the other stations I can say le Visham was probably the highlight for most train passengers over the weekend !

Also as a first time out for my wife can I say a big thanks to everyone who took the time to chat and be so friendly to a "newbie"

she`ll get on here later but I can i just say she had a brilliant time and even sinking waist deep into a stinky bog on Sunday has not dampened her enjoyment of this brill event / hobby

some pics here :

http://panzergrenadier.net/forum/viewto ... =9&t=12625

Ta
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

I'm still pretty wrung out after the weekends excertions, so excuse if this goes a little astray.

What am I feeling at this moment? Tired physically but mentally elated.

On behalf of myself and the station staff, I am so proud of each and everyone who contributed to this event.
The public came in droves and left smilling, entertained and little better educated than they arrived.
This in itself is a triumph we can all share and savour.
Add to this however, the knowledge that representatives from the broad church of our hobby, worked, slept, partied TOGETHER as a single unit to pull off one of the most ambitious scenarios I have put together to date.

Thank you all for your tireless efforts. By Sunday, I dont think any of you were less than completely knackered, but I hope all happy.

Stuart Gould spent the day with us and the pictures should be up there now of our humble efforts for all to see.

For this event, I tried a departure form my usual "do everything and stuff it up" approach and delegated friends and collegues to run areas and each of the four gruppen.
This permited me to act in a maintenance mode and to tinker with the various scenes, while insulated from my normal stress levels by this buffer.
For an arrogant puke like me, this took a massive leap of faith, and immense effort to "leave them to it"
It worked seamlessly and a huge thanks go out to the area commanders and gruppenfuhrers for a job so well done, I even felt surplus to requirements by Saturday afternoon!

The thing that didnt work too well was my attempt at playing the role of a haughty bastard of an officer.
Appologies to any I might have offended by chewing you out or answering a civil request with a curt answer.
I was just in "the zone" playing my role.
My bloody eyebrows ache from all the scowling! I'm going back to nice guy mode. Its easier on the facial muscles. :D

The saturday night party was terrific and Pete from Kompanie I deserves our thanks for spinnin discs all night and keeping us entertained after a great meal provided by the station staff.

What can you say about the crew that runs the station? It is a total plesure to work alongside such people. They not only support our efforts but encourages in every way, every hour. They WANT us there!
They worked harder than us all last weekend.

Sorry for the ramble, and as PD said, I dont want to single any one person for praise, should I offend another.
Everyone played thier part and worked so very hard.

To all the comrades who attended, I salute you and say "BRING ON NEXT YEAR!"

(To those who missed it, you missed a corker!)
FRAU

Post by FRAU »

Well I certainly had an excellant weekend, I'm sure Helga will write more than me, but I just wanted to say a huge thanks to all the women that joined FRAU at Levisham. A true honour and pleasure to have you all there and I hope to see you all again in the new year (if not before ;) ). It really is a stunning location and was absolutely crammed packed with public at times to the point it was physically impossible to move.

Spending lots of time in the radio room, I received lots of comments about what each and everyone on the station and surrounding area was doing with some fantastic feedback. I am sure there will be lots of photographs out there as there was a message sent out to those that like cameratrickery about the whole of NYMR and most of them made there way to us so we'll be out there on whatever forum it is called that I can't remember :oops: but lots travelled from all over to see us (farthest travelled I spoke to was New Zealand :shock: )

There were compliments from young and old on how well the "feel" of occupation was maintained, not to mention a starring role for some of us at a highschool up here, as the History teacher popped along having not realised before we were there, and then to find everything took lots of pictures to show the kids as he felt we showed something he really can't get across in a class room and was glad someone did do this. He only wished he could have done it during the week and brought the kids with him.

Anyways what a great weekend, many thanks for having us along, really is a great way to end the year on a high 8)
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Sorry to place a negative in front of you but this was on the pozzi forum.
It is my reply to someone called "Westwald":
Westwald wrote:
Thanks for nothing guys, having gone to pickering and being too packed I decided to go down levisham only to virtually kicked off site because I wasn't on the list. Not all GERMANS welcome at levisham either!!!!!!

Firstly, the only people I spoke to about thier uniform, were members of the public dressed inappropriately.
Bonafide re-enactors booked into the event were scrutinised also to ensure thay met the standards dictated by the scenario.

The first member of the public who came to me dressed in a German styled period uniform was wearing an approximation of an Allgemeine SS uniform. He asked me if it was OK to wear this on the station. I said a resounding NO. I stand by this decision.

The second member of the public who came to the station, was dressed in a German styled period uniform bearing an approximation of an SD officer.
This person, though not a bonafide booked in re-enactor was left on the station and infact appeared both days. He was joined by two others in "uniform".
Except for the incident with the pistol, which if I had witnessed it, he WOULD have been ejected, they were left happily displaying thier wares, as were others who came and went during the course of the weekend.

If you were the first person, then I can state that as long as I have any input to the NYMR event, if you or anyone else trys to enter the station wearing an Allgemeine SS or SD uniform you will be asked to leave by myself and the station staff.

If this wasnt you, then I have no idea who you are, as neither I nor anyone else kicked or virtually kicked anyone off site.
One last thing. I arnt German and neither are you! There was in fact upto 4 at the station over the weekend and they were made very welcome.

I could be crass and ask about the group you state you belong too, "SS" in your profile (never heard of them) but I wont lower myself.
I may have stepped over the line, but I dont think I care really........
sparky

Post by sparky »

This was my first event and i was made to feel very welcome and part of the team :D
Looking forward to more events with the guys and gals from das reich and meeting up with the other groups to!
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Reich Crispies wrote:.

I may have stepped over the line, but I dont think I care really........
And neither you should, from his statements this bloke did a tour of the place looking to settle somewhere he didn't get chased from.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

...I never thought of that!
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

My feet hurt and I ache all over :D

Thank you Neil and all other groups at "Le Visham" for a fantastic atmosphere.

A real pleasure meeting, working and re-enacting with you. And an honour to trip over PD's wires in the swamp :shock:

Best regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

ha the swamp
yes i know it well

after using my food container
to bail out as much water as i could only to be then told im fighting a losing battle cos it was part of a drainage ditch ...grrrrrrr
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”