Women On The Battlefield Thread

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Good call big Ginner Bastard! See you in an hour!
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

I disagree with you Bryn, when i closed a thread before i was asked to reopen it.

Again cross dressing is a major debate across all periods of reenactment and should be openly discussed.

It is worth it mate cos whats the point in spending loads of money on the hobby for the PC brigade to take over.

Next you will be having every creed and colour being able to reenact W-SS or any other branch of the German Armed services during WW2.

Why cant women just stay within the roles that women portrayed then there wouldnt have to be any disscussions on the problem of cross dressing.

Isnt that what a forum is for a disscussion around a camp fire be it a computer screen so whats the diffence we talking about it here or around a camp fire?
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

In concerns to Swynerton - alot of groups are really pulling out the stops for this event, making period rations etc getting the kit right...We even have kit restrictions! It seems silly to me that we should go to all this trouble to then have the "time bubble" (and Im sorry but its true - ) wrecked because we have a woman dressed unconvincingly as a man.

As much as I like Bee, I draw the line at women dressing up in blokes uniforms. The SBG have a nice lady coming to the event as a frontschwester nurse - Ive certainly got no qualms as she fits right into the scenario - as would other female roles.

Its not about whether your slightly over-weight or old, youve got more of a chance to be historically accurate than having a lass (despite how nice and knowledgable she is) dressed in a blokes uniform.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Here here Tom

Totally agree with everything you said, we might as well turn it into a blat fest and use plastic tents for the weekend and have the burger van etc.

This is my point why bother with all the details if others dont.

ps this isnt a personal dig at Bee but at cross dressing within reenactment in general.
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Sani wrote:In concerns to Swynerton - alot of groups are really pulling out the stops for this event, making period rations etc getting the kit right...We even have kit restrictions! It seems silly to me that we should go to all this trouble to then have the "time bubble" (and Im sorry but its true - ) wrecked because we have a woman dressed unconvincingly as a man.

As much as I like Bee, I draw the line at women dressing up in blokes uniforms. The SBG have a nice lady coming to the event as a frontschwester nurse - Ive certainly got no qualms as she fits right into the scenario - as would other female roles.

Its not about whether your slightly over-weight or old, youve got more of a chance to be historically accurate than having a lass (despite how nice and knowledgable she is) dressed in a blokes uniform.
Spot on....

Have kept out of this one, but read all ...

If we are saying no to other units because of kit/look issue'e then this is a total no-brainer...

Sorry but have to agree with Jon and the rest , No lumpy Jumpers in combat roles, we'll be having female GI's next... :shock:

Women no your place, :wink: kittens and fluffy bunnies fine, combat roles no...

Ps any women that want a place see me at......... :wink:
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Ok another way to look at it is.

On the Swynnerton thread theres some pics of some British paras. Now to me i dont know anything regarding British Kit and it isnt till someone said their kit is wrong.

Now from a distance they are the right sex being male and look ok as they are wearing British kit etc. but close up they arnt up to scratch.

Now a woman from a distance they look ok in uniform etc, but close up they dont.

so its the same to me.
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

LAH650 Wrote
Sorry but have to agree with Jon and the rest , No lumpy Jumpers in combat roles, we'll be having female GI's next...
Andy my first private battle in re enactment, I witnessed two female GI`s in combat order, (I dont know which group it was) you could see from a Klick away there gender, their whole appearance was of females in drag.

I just could not stop myself from laughing every time I saw them on the field. But to be truthful this turned out to be a blat fest.

Steve
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Andy my first private battle in re enactment, I witnessed two female GI`s in combat order, (I dont know which group it was) you could see from a Klick away there gender, their whole appearance was of females in drag.
No it wasn't it was me... :oops:

Better get it out of the way before someone else...

Well my mum say's I'm a big girls blouse... :wink:

I have seen 'female' GI's... NNNNnnnnnnnnOOOoooooooo

Standards....
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

ive got a big mouth so i will say it .

jons points are completely valid

girls in combat kit is wrong.

bee pleeeeeeeeasse forgive me .

but bee has not got the feminine body
there are no "lumps" visible in the kit. :wink:
her apearance in the combat kit seems ok .
she has the tomboy look .

other women dont have the tomboy look
in that case they should not be in combats.

there done it
if i have offended then please tell me and i will grovel and take away this post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

........but bee has not got the feminine body
there are no "lumps" visible in the kit. .........

........other women dont have the tomboy look
in that case they should not be in combats.....

Les we can't have one rule for one and a different rule for another based on bust size can :shock:

Unless of course I am the adjudicating officer, right lass lets have a look mmmmmm they are quite large but if we push them so…… :shock:

Sorry combat for ladies is a NO
Last edited by LAH650 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

hmmm, does this mean you al prefer the company of men?
Pete Skillman

Oh Blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pete Skillman »

Oh Sh~T!
I dont know what to say, on one hand its a hobby and I want everyone to enjoy it, on the other I have binned one group of 6 regular blokes because of their dennison smocks being 18 yrs post war!!.
I received the letter this morning dated 7th March saying that Sabine Kummel (bee?) is booked on a flight for the event and here is her site fee.not asking if ok but telling me. I have only ever done one battle in
the states where one Girl dressed as GI and it ruined the experience for me.However I dont see why I should be the Bastard who tells her NO as I would have thought that with the kit regs issued and all the posts on the forums anyone with a little bit of Common sense would have asked first before comitting to £100.00 air flight?.
So I suggest that I let you all decide and come up with a compromise for Bee? help the sanis/HQ??, This is a strange one I one I did not forsee, sorry about that but it never crossed my mind as all the girls in the 2nd Armourd do 50th Field Hospital so it has never arisen.
Anyone Know bee well enough , can she post a photo of herself in kit so it can be judged?,flumexed!. cheers Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”