Operation Neptune 19th/20th September

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
352nd

Operation Neptune 19th/20th September

Post by 352nd »

Hi All

Operation Neptune is a Omaha Beach based event at Skegness, Lincolnshire. We have a large area of beach, large area for camping and battle (storming of the beach). I am helping with the organisation of the Axis side of things for this event. We are trying to keep this event historically accurate as possible. So we are looking for Heer Infantry or Artillary troops only (sorry guys at the moment, no SS, fj or other Heer impressions). This was a good if small show last year, but we have alot more support this year. We have support of the local council and authorities and this should be a really good show. If anyone is interested, please contact me via this forum or E-mail me on w352ndadmin@hotmail.co.uk. Allied side of things (all of which are rebadging as 1st US Infantry or Rangers) please contact Ben Major, who is directly contactable through the official event website http://www.operation-neptune.co.uk/

One last thing, this event is not to be confused with the other D-DAY event taking place at Ingoldmells in August. These are two seperate events.

Cheers
Martin
Last edited by 352nd on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

GRAUWULF

Re: Operation Neptune 19th/20th September

Post by GRAUWULF »

Only 1st inf Martin???????????????????
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
352nd

Post by 352nd »

Just checked the site, I think its 1st Infantry and 2nd Rangers. Post has been corrected, sorry for confusion Chris.

GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

No worries mate will ring you re coming battle!!!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
Jack

Post by Jack »

As you know mate i will be there in Heer kit supporting this show, looking forward to it

Jack
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Hi shame we cant support this event as it sounds a good un, members of our group will be in Arnhem for the 65th.

wish you all well and hope its a good one

Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

hanser

Post by hanser »

can`t understand why this event has not made its way up the events list seeing as its only just over a week away? Das Reich are attending in heer uniform because there is no ss allowed, anyone who wants to tip up with us is more than welcome to increase the numbers. like i said no ss but fj are allowed. sorry no gun hire so its gun owners or gun borrowers. looking forward to this one, i`ve never done a beach defence/landing event before.
anyone interested can pm reich crispies (neil) or myself. free 1940`s dance at the hotel by the beach so looks like a laugh! even PD and stig are tipping up for this one!

Dave
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

I for one am looking forward to this event.
A bit different from the norm for me, and I get fish and chips for tea.

I just hope enough Axis units support the event. There is about 15 or so of us "spangly Banjo" lot including guys from a few groups.
Should be a giggle anyway.

To anyone pitching in with us, bring some planking with you. Anything you can get, in 3" and above width by 3 foot long. Big trench to line out :wink:

Oh and a bucket and spade.................................
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Dont forget Martin that our comrades in the 29th would also have hit the beach however, look forward to it - still trying to get our guys sorted after their aches and pains from Victory show!!!!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
hanser

Post by hanser »

chris, you might as well cover yourself in that fake blood again like victory show.......i`ll be looking out for you on the beach :lol: :lol:
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

What a nice little event.
I was worried this might be a dog and pony show, but if it was, the dog were a crufts entrant and the pony were a champion at his weight :D

We arrived friday morning, excavated (by hand) a decent trench and bunker, all reveted and shorn up, then filled a couple of hundred sand bags. Exhausting stuff, but our beach front des-res was complete and bijou to say the least.
Tide came in to within 10 foot of the display so thank god for calm seas and no wind!

The public were very friendly and quite a few came down to see the event on both days.
Small battle type scenario at 14:00 every day and a nice flypast by the spitfire on sunday.

Good support from the council, always a must, who even came down to say hello.

On Saturday night, we bailed from the organised dance at the adjacent hotel and went into town.
Skeggie clubs and pubs had to contend with the lot of us, uniformed up and in full party mood.
The light infantry speed march from the hotel to the town centre was a sight to see and hear :D

Well done to Ben for talking me in to this event.
Thanks to the team for making it fun, and for making us very welcome.
Finaly well done to Martin, Stig and my own lads for working bloody hard, and partying even harder :D

We will be back next year for certain. :wink:
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
352nd

Post by 352nd »

This was a top event, and as Neil has already said, I did have some reservations about the site before I arrived, but when I arrived, it was a great event, with an excellent atmosphere and made a change from being in a field. I'd like to thank Ben and Chris for organising it, Keith and Pete for doing the pryo and Neil and the Das Reich lads and Stig for coming and supporting this.

This is event is going to return next year, I'll post up details as soon as I have them.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”