2006 Poulton Heritage Festival in Morecambe

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Jon Das Reich

2006 Poulton Heritage Festival in Morecambe

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Just being searching the net and came across their Website stating the 2006 event is cancelled
http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/poulton2004-588003/
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

SH..... ugar! :shock: Wonder what happened there?

Not on the hugely successful and popular forum yet - Maybe you ought to tell the great unwashed Jon?
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

101 reasons i guess Paul, lack of funding, poor turn out of Mops, over heads increasing.

Adam may beable to shed some light of the event.
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

As Steve put it (if you can understand the way he writes) there appeared to be some politics involved. The first year we did it it was great. We were looked after very well. Had a good budget. The evening entertainment was spot on and the public were well disposed to W-SS as were the authorities. The crowds were bloody huge for the battle. Must have been about 3500!
After the first event I spoke to the main organiser and he was pretty miffed on how he seemed to be being pushed out. I didn't want to get involved in politics but he resigned soon after and when I did speak to him again before the second year he was amazed it would come off due to their lack of funding and lacksey-dasey attitude.
I tried to get back in touch a couple of times with them before Christmas but was met with dead air and so not wanting to waste anymore of my time I dropped it from our calender.
I'm not surprised, pity though it is, because there simply aren't enough events in the North
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

SH1T!
I remember the first year (and so do you I think Adam) when the organisers were "hedgng their bets" - Asking us to "do the battle for them" and bigging it up whilst also asking the KP1 guys to do the same..... Luckily groups talk..... and groups agree to make space..... So after a conversation, AFRA walked away from it and left it to KP1 to run a successful battle scenario with no interference etc. Should have told us something then really.

Still - a great shame as you say - another "Northern Event" bites the dust..... ( and I can't be blamed for it!!! :roll: )

Return to “UK reenactment and events”