Sledmere House The Country House at War 27th/28th June

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
MissDirndl

Re: Sledmere House The Country House at War 27th/28th June

Post by MissDirndl »

Thanks Nick!
Hi all,
very interesting site meeting last night, the house-it transpires was the RAP for the Amoured division who had over 15,000 vehicles in the area at the time.

Got a nice spot picked out for you Axis guys and gals, right nr the fountain, with some woodland and a nice flat access route in.

1)The house wants to turn part of the library into a hospital which could be fantastic! They been digging out some really useful info from their archives and this will form part of the exhibition within the house.

2)There will be a marquee on the lawn, this will be the main base for entertainment (Peter J Baker of Decades and the wonderful Miss Marina Mae!) also there will be hairdressing workshops for ladies in the marquee with Michaela Beardshaw which will be excellent as she really knows her stuff!

3) A dancefloor will be in the marquee which means dancers are very welcome! Pete has probably the best collection of Swing, British Dance Band and 40s music on the 40s scene.

4) There are well over 100 vehicles booked in as part of the North East Austin Pre-War Owners Club as well as some other vintage vehicles/static engines etc... this should make for an amazing backdrop.

5) There will be a few trade stalls booked in, more are welcome! Plenty of space available.

Fingers crossed for the weather and the possibility of a Vintage aircraft display. Very much weather dependant due to the age of the a/c.

If you havent booked in, it's not too late. Forms are avaialable to download or if you can't do that pm me or email me:
katiespitfire@hotmail.com

K
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Sounds like a very good, well developed and organised event you have there Katie. Ripe for someone to come in and "improve it" Perhaps you ought to stand back seeing as you are just little girlies and let someone with the necessary and required experience such as FAAA take over next year? That way it could be done for "our veterans" and involve much more realistic and relveant scenarios. I notice no proper warning orders or TOAs have been issued. tut tut.........

Seriously? BLOODY WELL DONE - Sounds fantastic and I'm so sad I can't come and lend another body to the event. Involved in just so much at the mo and something has to give. IF and I say IF I get chance can I give you a ring and come as something relevant (Stig's dressing up box comes in useful!)

Just keep on doing what you do you trophy winning "girlies"........ :mrgreen:
MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

WELL WE GIRLIES DO OUR BEST WHILST RV'ING IN THE DZ AND MAKING THE TEA-LETS HOPE EVERYONE RSVPS ASAP PDQ...STOP...........

IT'S A MIRACLE WE CAN ORGANISE ANYTHING...STOP....OUR HEADS ARE TOO CHOCK FULL OF BABIES, KITTENS AND EMBROIDERY....STOP......PLUS WE'RE NOT QUALIFIED MUPPETS...STOP.

BLOCK CAPS ARE MAKING MY HEADACHE....STOP.......DON'T EVER....STOP.

Kate :lol:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Well all 4 of the Repper family will be there
ImageImageImageImageImage
simon

Post by simon »

All 4 of the Repper family..... :D ....all 7 of the Martin family will be attending.....including vintage transport....well Marmet pram anyway.... :D
Will see you all there :mrgreen:
Joel you owe me a drink.....or 12 :D
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

Events getting closer now, anyone got any special requests? DJ Peter Baker has offered his services to stay on in the evening in the marquee- you can bring your own beer. Let me know if this interests you as I'd have to ask people to chuck a few quid in to cover his costs.

Anyone with kids needs any special arrangements please let me know! I will have the tea urn on the boil all day so if you need bottles warming etc you can do that.

If you look on the info sheet there are details of the nearest shops etc.... if you need to know anything, please call me, pm or email!

Kate
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Well Franz and Simon, I'll see your 4 and 7 and rasie you 4 members of the Hobbs Clan.

Myself and the better half will be there along with our 2 kids on the Saturday.

Nick I hope your up to some real life drama as we never go away anywhere without some sort of medical trauma. How are you with the odd broken limb or suspected meningitis??? Did the Krauts have Calpol and Brufen????

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

Look forward to meeting everyone and their respective clans! :lol: I normally have some period type games out for the kids and of course Dink and her kids are supreme unchallenged hill rolling champions...

I'll chuck some colouring stuff in the marquee in case it's cack weather and of course I supply non-vintage haribo* and squash!

Kate

*Haribo always end up getting eaten by the grown ups too
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

just to bump this one everyone.

dont forget if you have not registered as INDIVIDUALS (for some reason everyone has to register individually regardless of attending in a group) follow kateys link

this looks like it will be a good one
we are planning a few things and have quite a medical display afoot with many volunteers along the way :wink:

we are honoured to have the family repper and some of the das reich guys assisting us for the weekend

nick :wink:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Herr Medic you could remove hi s waalet :lol:
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

I know, I know...they chose a pic with a bin liner in the background.... :roll:
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

cooool 8)

really looking forwards to this one

amazing...now the home guard are looking for bin liner :roll: :roll: let the CIA know :roll:

nice to see we get a mention
thanks kate :wink: see you soon
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

Jugend Repper wrote:Herr Medic you could remove hi s waalet :lol:
be careful mr herr repper reads all :wink: :lol:
"every dog has its' day"

LosLosLos

Post by LosLosLos »

Yes, i'm looking forward to this one too. I'm registered - well, i sent the email so i should be.

See you then.

Jason
MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

Thanks Jason, no probs-email recd!

as the event draws closer can I ask that anyone who HASN'T returned their reg forms yet does so by Tuesday at the latest.

I will not be in a position to sort it after this date.

If your name isn't on the gate, it will cause problems for me. And that's not good! I'm stressing enough as it is!!!

Any problems, you should have the info sheet with my number on it. Please read the info sheet and bring it with you. As well as my number, it has the local hospital details on it, GP's and pharmacies. Nearest shops, takeaways etc....

Latest weather reports look good (touch wood) so please remember your sun cream!

Please also remember that if you want tea/coffee/squash it is available foc at the tent all day but you MUST bring your own mug and a mess tin/plate for your brekky roll!

any questions ask now, please don't leave it until the last minute. Modern tents and caravans are signposted, the entrance is opposite the main gate. Please park caravans and motorhomes sensibly and respectfully. Remember, there are quite a few booked in and space is at a premium.

Many thanks to all who are supporting this event, it is hugely appreciated. Drinks are on me.*

*that's a lie, but in my head I shall be buying you all a round of ice cold lager. Honest. That bit's true. :D

Return to “UK reenactment and events”