Sledmere House The Country House at War 27th/28th June

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
DAS MEDIC

Re: Sledmere House The Country House at War 27th/28th June

Post by DAS MEDIC »

well the car is just about packed,
looking forwards to welcoming friends old and new to our display for a nice relaxing fun weekend.
katie has put uber work and stress into this to make it good for axis forces,
lets show them.
we will be onsite from about 1pm tomorrow and hope to see you all there.
lots o nice cake and biscuits with us too :wink:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

Fingers crossed. Can't control the weather but I hope everyone has fun.

Chilled out weekend I hope....

:mrgreen:

Kate
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Just loaded the car now, picking up the trailer at 2pm, then our Luke from school at 3.30pm then on our way hoping to get there around 6 / 7pm depending on traffic.

see you all there, hope the weather holds

mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

Wish we could make it this weekend - have a good one!

Ashley
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/
MUDMAGNET

Post by MUDMAGNET »

Hi all, car packed and setting off shortly, should be there with lots of goodies :D at 7-7.30ish for the weekend. see you all there,

Mudmagnet 8)
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

just got back from a great weekend

started off a bit damp and foggy but got much better as the weekend progressed,

a nice chilled out weekend
many thanks to kate for all her hard work organising and working against many odds and difficult buggers.
the plan of action doesnt always go smoothly but kate and james did there hardest and made it a great weekend for everyone, some good feedback from the public too.

sledmere lends itself to this type of event like most stately homes but kate had the added hairstlye display(provided by my good wife) and also a fashion show, good music and dance lessons,
also had tea and coffe with grub on for re enactors, lots of hard work ,,,, i hope all who were there appreciate it.

i want to thank all those who boosted our medical display to make it one of the bigest groups there

our good friends jo and rich, thanks for being my second in "command" at the aid station and jo for being a superb model for the hair and fashion show.

the das reich guys steve , jason and chris ,who made great patients , i am sure a good rest from a hard soldiers life from neil :lol: is well earned.

dink and che , as always a mega pleasure to have your company ...and the haribo twins..great kids , loved the sewing with kai on saturday night, again always welcome to be with us...will supply copious amounts of cake biscuits and sweets.

finally the family repper...it was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you all in person and hope we see you alllllllll again soon, micky thanks jasmine for all her modelling too :wink:

it was a great example of an event that could really grow with groups that can work together and enjoy it

franz..............you still got a pink eyebrow?????
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

Well, I'm bleedin knackered but wanted to say thanks to all of you that attended. Nick and Michaela, what can I say re the display? Top notch, it looked amazing with the piles of abandoned clothing and the patients waiting to be treated. We had some really positive responses to it and I'm so pleased that you, the good volk of FRAU, Das Reich and of the course the lovely family Repper could comer along. Nice to see my Haribo twins again! :wink: and Simon and his lovely ladies!

Lots of probs on Friday, the communication with the staff of the house is bloody awful and some promenaders don't help.

But hey, looking on the positive side we got a really good number through the gate and the management are very happy.

Job done.

Thanks again.
K
x
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Just got back home, wounderful weekend,

weather not too good on the Sat but thats nobody fault, beautiful grounds, needs more reenactors there to make this a great "should attend" event each year. An event run by reenactors for reenactors

thaks to James, for the morning bacon butties and supply of coffee throughout the day, kate and Shelly and all those who I dont know who worked hard in front and behind the sceenes.

well done to you all, a great weekend had by all the family and we met some new friends and recruited a few new members so a good weekend all around.

Mark from the Luftwaffe (Hermann Goring) and British airborne dispaly.

LosLosLos

Post by LosLosLos »

Enjoyed this one. Potential is huge! The house makes a good back drop for photography and the grounds can cope with significantly more displays.

Pyro and blank fire on site - by the home guard. Slightly embarassing surrendering to the home guard but hey-ho. :oops: the public liked it.

Impressive array of weapons out of storage from Wigan, that equipment i liked.

Nice to meet you good folks, see you soon and thanks for having us.

Jason
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

The Repper family want to thank every one who helped us out with tents, bedding, tea coffee, and pink eyebrows . We will be back next year
Also a big thanks to Max and Alex for the bed for the night
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

HI jason,

nice to met you, you are welcome over at our display at any time.

see you soon.

mark

MissDirndl

Post by MissDirndl »

Well, despite the nay-sayers the Axis displays went down very well! I recd a number of pm's on another forum warning me not to 'entertain' axis groups' (me? entertain...can do a bad version of 'lola' but I wouldn't reccomend it!)

The house have asked for a repeat performance next yr, so lets see. Currently talking to them about extending the timeline.

Thanks again to all who attended and Mark! I had some 78's for you and forgot to bring em over!!!! :roll:

Kate
x
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

[quote="MissDirndl"]Well, despite the nay-sayers the Axis displays went down very well! I recd a number of pm's on another forum warning me not to 'entertain' axis groups' (me? entertain...can do a bad version of 'lola' but I wouldn't reccomend it!)

You dont do to badly at dancng though Kate :lol:

Thanks again to all who attended and Mark! I had some 78's for you and forgot to bring em over!!!! :roll:

NO probs Ill see you soon
Mark

DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

MissDirndl wrote:Well, despite the nay-sayers the Axis displays went down very well! I recd a number of pm's on another forum warning me not to 'entertain' axis groups' (me? entertain...can do a bad version of 'lola' but I wouldn't reccomend it!)

The house have asked for a repeat performance next yr, so lets see. Currently talking to them about extending the timeline.

Kate
x
thank you for that kate, glad to know that us axis are appreciated,we were so glad to attend and support the event and our friends we are already pencilling or penicillin :lol: into next years event with an expansion on what this year brought.we really enjoyed it in many ways and are grateful that we have you to thank for organising it.

funny all those allied who warned you not to entertain axis forces....where were they at this event???

see you soon :wink:
"every dog has its' day"

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Don't want to detract from what was a lovely event and certainly something that Kate deserves support for next year - BUT
WHO ARE THESE ARSEHOLES WHO COVERTLY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST FELLOW HOBBYISTS? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
This has ALWAYS gone on and I find it repulsive. There are snobs and bigots in this hobby who constantly attempt to do this and in every case I have found the same selecte few to be responsible.

It is time to name and shame and to actively work to exclude these very people as enemies of the hobby.

I am once again dsgusted and angry to hear this. Whoever it was that "warned" Kate against some of the nicest people I know in or out of re-enactment should be ashamed of their underhanded behaviour. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “UK reenactment and events”