SILLY FUEL PRICE'S

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

NOMAD

SILLY FUEL PRICE'S

Post by NOMAD »

So with the current fuel situation who has had a revue of the events they are going to ? will you be going to faraway events from your area?Events near to you ? events that you think will be good?or push the boat out and go to them all ?
Id sooner be 20 minutes late in this world than 20 years to soon in the next
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: SILLY FUEL PRICE'S

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

I intend to still go to the events i already have on my calender mainly because out of 6 events left the only real distance one is Detling, however next year i will have to look at cutting any events in the South East that means no Detling, Waltham Abbey or Beltring the only one in that area i will do next year is Bushey Hall if its on.

Dave
:roll:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Ted

Post by Ted »

maybe we should start a section to help share lifts if we are all going to the same place ??? that we we could save fuel / share driving & help keep costs down.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Im also having to look at what events to attend due to fuel prices.

If fuel prices continue to rise or stay this high will reenactment become more regional?
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

its a difficult one, especially as few of us has money to burn!

I would like to nip up to Hornby this weekend, but as i am not stalling or displaying there, it seems a bit of an extravagance!
von bock

Post by von bock »

How much is fuel a litre in the UK??
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Diesel is currently costing (per litre)... £1.30.. no sorry, £1.31, £1.32 and again £1.33.. I blinked.. £1.34
Need I say more????
Oh, and car tax will be going up by £1,000,000 per year soon and bread costs £750 per loaf, £872 for a pint of milk

You are better off in Ireland my friend!
:wink:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
missyd

Post by missyd »

I am happy to have a BENZINER!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Diesel is 1.07 £
Unleaded 95 is 0.94 £
Unleaded 98 is 0.96 £

I drive a little less KMs as before but if I have to drive 600km for a show I go without thinking about the fuel costs. :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
von bock

Post by von bock »

Gren-Schell wrote:Diesel is currently costing (per litre)... £1.30.. no sorry, £1.31, £1.32 and again £1.33.. I blinked.. £1.34
Need I say more????
Oh, and car tax will be going up by £1,000,000 per year soon and bread costs £750 per loaf, £872 for a pint of milk

You are better off in Ireland my friend!
:wink:
WOW we do have something in commen we are being ripped off as well :lol: 1.34 a litre thats steep Diesel is around 1.40 euro and petrol is around 1.30 give or take a few cent :wink: and we just got our car tax system overhauled so we will be paying more to tax our cars unless you have an battery powered car :roll: i think we should all move to the US :lol:
missyd wrote:I am happy to have a BENZINER!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Diesel is 1.07 £
Unleaded 95 is 0.94 £
Unleaded 98 is 0.96 £

I drive a little less KMs as before but if I have to drive 600km for a show I go without thinking about the fuel costs. :wink:
yes the fuel costs are in the back of everyones minds now. 600km how much dose that cost you?? :?
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
andy d

Post by andy d »

It does seem that both Ireland and Switzerland are paying high prices for their fuel.
Just like us.
I mean it's not like we in the UK are an oil producing country. Oh that's right!!!
craigob

Post by craigob »

well here in the US, In my location (Philadelphia) we are up to 4.14 a gallon for regular and 5 for Diesel

that works out at around..

4.14 USD = 2.09489 GBP
5.00 USD = 2.53010 GBP
missyd

Post by missyd »

unleaded 95 for 600km = 36.66£ :?
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Holy feck We are getting screwed over here in Finland petrol =1.51e per ltr Diesel is around 1.37e per ltr and to fill my truck 3 times a week 800 ltr tank each fill, not A happy bunny
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

I'm about to spend about $325ish to drive to Reading Pennsylvania for a show. Yes, I'm totally mad, but it's either that or pay over $250 for airfare and then have to hire a car for four days and put fuel in it... :roll: It's only money though, right? Can't take it with ya! :lol:
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
von bock

Post by von bock »

Franz repper wrote:Holy feck We are getting screwed over here in Finland petrol =1.51e per ltr Diesel is around 1.37e per ltr and to fill my truck 3 times a week 800 ltr tank each fill, not A happy bunny

800ltre :shock: and here is me going mad over filling and 85ltre tank

Return to “General”