ww2 reenactment

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Fritz17

ww2 reenactment

Post by Fritz17 »

Hello guys , i would like to know more things about ww2 reenactment.Do you really use blanks for firing your replica guns? Or you just use airsoft guns? How much money will cost a germam uniform?? How can i get involved in this hobby since in my area aren 't any historical groups.Thrust me i searched and i didn't find one.I have some mates that would like to participate at reenactments.How should i create a ww2 reenactment group with them? Any advices and information will be very helpfull.
Fritz17
Wilhelm schafer

Re: ww2 reenactment

Post by Wilhelm schafer »

Where are you based? If your uk try www.panzeraufgd.co.uk
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

a few more details about yourself would be usefull ie age also most groups are not all from one area most cover members from around the country, do you have transport since events are all over the place so transport is a must
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

I would recommend joining an established group first, the travel is somewhat irrelevant as even if you form a local group you will end up travelling all over the country to the public shows and private battles etc.

Get a couple of years experience of the scene, get your kit right etc, before starting your own group. Mainly because nothing annoys seasoned reenactors more than a bunch of newbies who wear the wrong kit, wear it back to front, and generally let the side down in the eyes of the public... :? :D
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

These chaps give sound advice. Look for some shows local to you and see if any groups are there, go visit them and have a chat. That is how I found my first group, I met my current group 5 years later. Word of warning, this is not a cheep hobby, I do it on a small budget so am not always 100% authentic (but I try and get close), the kits etc can set you back several hundred pounds. Do not buy it all at once, and look for second hand stuff, unless you have plenty of spare cash.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “General”