k98 prices?

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Johan Fink

k98 prices?

Post by Johan Fink »

Not sure if right place but....
How much are deac K98's going for these days?
Cheers!
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue W.A.R.S Das Reich 2nd SS
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: k98 prices?

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

That's like asking how much are cars going for these days...

It depends on the condition and where you're getting it from, assuming you live in the UK, I'd say between £200 to £350 should be reasonable anything more for a really nice one. In Germany, €150 to €250 anything more and you're being ripped off or it's a beauty. But you can also buy functioning ones for that price in Germany, if the bore is anything better than 80% then you're looking at €400+ and €800+ if it comes with its scope.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
shultz wuffenbach

Post by shultz wuffenbach »

live k98's are cheaper than de-acts.....can be cheaper to obtain a sec1 licence gun cabinet and rifle

I only know this because I have done it
Oberleutnant Ulrich

The reason for this is because many people don't have the appropriate paperwork for a live fire firearm, but there are plenty of people out there who are 18+ so it's just a question of supply and demand, there are plenty of the rifle out there, just few who can buy them legally.
Arthur

Halle

Post by Halle »

Deac k98 in the UK will cost between £450 and £600 depending on vendor and condition ... Try Battleflag Militaria , they often have them ....
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Stabs Halle....that much???!!!??? But they sell here for much less! Or has there been a sudden jump?
Arthur

funker50

Post by funker50 »

Ja, but all you lot have assault rifles at the foot of your beds...... :wink: we can't even have a rubber model of a firearm without belonging to a group etc....
Vorwärts und aufwärts!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Deac k98 in the UK will cost between £450 and £600 depending on vendor and condition ... Try Battleflag Militaria , they often have them ....
A lot cheaper than that at Stoneleigh in february and also @ 3 counties show.
go to a military fair and take a look there, plenty of fairs about during the year.
Could also try Ryton Arms. They always had the best quality deacs.
graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

also if you get a section 1 you get the triple bonus.
1 you can live fire it say at Bisley
2 dont have to hire one for battles.
3. its generally cheaper (as previously stated) if you dont want a war time date stamped K98
i have a live G98 (1915) and nagant sniper rifle(1942), just waiting for Met police to agree to 2 more 7.92 k98's war time and Spanish civil war dated.
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

At Newark earlier this year a poor quality Russian capture was up for £385, along with a nice 43 model for the same money from a different vendor, If i remember rightly battle flags where up for £420.
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

It's all about economics gents. Currently Europe is undergoing a recession and the law of supply and demand is affected by that - less disposable income, fewer punters, retailers feel the pinch so increase retail price whilst having less profit so reduced buying power, wholesalers (mostly Russian's in the case of WW2 stockpiled German small arms) reduce the supply to the wholesale market, thus exerting further pressure on the retail market and driving up consumer prices to reduce the impact of lower sales and preserving their assets for future sales when the market recovers - it's all relative though as once the recession ends and folks have money to spend freely, the retailers will hike prices in a booming market, so, you can't win.

If you want a decent K98 then you pay the market price... or wait till someone on here wraps it in or falls on hard times and sells cheap. It's called 'capitalism' - if you don't believe me read Karl Marx!
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

Last time I looked ther were selling at between £350 and £600, if you want a half decent one your gona be looking around £400 + bracket, I spoke to Ryton at a recent show and it seems alot of the deacs that are coming over are russian captures, and the quality of most of them is shocking, therefore decent ones worth deactivating or keeping live are getting rarer. I payed around £210 for mine about 3 years ago and had it vallued twice of late, last year I was told I could get around £350 for it, and earlyer this year I was told I was looking at £400+, its got no markings bar waffen stamping, and is a DOT44 with Laminate lower and walnut upper furniture, I had it stripped and cleaned when I got it and That alone added £100 to its value.
When your looking at getting one I am now told you need to check the metal works for pitting as this is a sign that its one of the newer, low quality russian imports, these are not suitable for live fireing and are a bit naff as a deac.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
nelz

Post by nelz »

the new resin inflatable one's are excellent , the weight is spot on too.
Very well priced , a good alternative.
Now available in the UK.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Is that a joke? Or are you being serious? The new Denix ones, which I assume you're talking about, seem to get only complaints.
Arthur

Oberleutnant Ulrich

Is that a joke? Or are you being serious? The new Denix ones, which I assume you're talking about, seem to get only complaints.
Arthur

Return to “General”