k98 prices?

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

johankreig

Re: k98 prices?

Post by johankreig »

never seen any repro k98s other than rubber prop ones, didnt know denix did any, but if there as naff as their enfields, then I would rather spend a bit more and get the real thing.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

They started to pop up about 6 months ago, they look ok from the first impression, but everyone complains about the close ups.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

you buy a denix if you only want it for people to see from a distance, went to an event at the weekend and could spot them a mile away, up close they all look the same, and are pretty shoddy, the smgs they make seem pretty good, but the enfields are a bit cak, so I suspect they K98s will be similar, I think its the quality of the monkey metal used in them and the wood used for the furniture.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

I think with a bit of work they could make a nice prop but yes, their smgs are nice, heavy too!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

the problem with denix rifles, is the metal work looks Diecast (cos it is) and the furniture looks cheep and nasty (cos it is), short of buying one and then either spending alot of money or time on it, you not gona get anything that will look like the real deal, and by the time you have, you will have replaced so much of it, you may aswell have bought the real thing, if your just looking for a nice useable display piece that can be battled with (as I do with mine) get one thats got its markings ground off, it will lower the price alot and unless your realy bothered, wont make a difference to teh gun itself, plus it makes a nice talkingpoint for mops at events, as many ask what the grinding is, if your after a collectors quality one or one without grinding, then be prepared to pay for it. but as I mentioned beofre, be carefull of the new ones as some are awfull quality.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

don't buy a denix as the bolt breaks easily
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

if you want one I will sell you one as I have a german k98 situated in England , it has cleaning rod and also the strap I think , its not marked but is an old spec deact meaning it is a better cut , the wood work is perfect and the hand guard is also covering the sides of the tangential sight , , it is in Lincoln I think cert with it , pm me and do business if you like
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

if the bots are as naff looking as the ones I have seen on the enfields, I am not surprised, the SMg ones seem to be far sturdier, and by their nature dont require coking as much.

If your after a K98, Berlin is a good man and, if he can set you up with one, thats great, didnt know one was for sale in my neck of the woods lol :)
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “General”