Schuster.ru - experiences?

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Ewald Koch

Schuster.ru - experiences?

Post by Ewald Koch »

Hallo Kameraden

Has anyone ordered stuff from schuster.ru? If yes, did everything go smoothly, how did you manage payments, was your order as it was supposed to be?
Thinking of ordering from there, but never bought anything from Russian vendor, that's why asking.

All help and comments appreciated!
"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

SS-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 12
"Michael Gaißmair" re-enactors

Halle

Re: Schuster.ru - experiences?

Post by Halle »

Servus Ewald ,

Regarding Schuster.ru . I have bought a few things from him , directly , and through a friend in Switzerland .

Firstly , regarding the quality of the goods - I have found them to be very good , in some cases excellent . My Berghosen are exactly as they should be , in cut , colour and quality of cloth .

Service - Can be frustrating !! Although I ( and my friends ) have always received our goods , exactly as we ordered , sometimes it can take a while .. :wink: Occasionally up to a month ..
However , Sergei has always replied to my emails , and kept me up to date .

Cost - of the products , good value . From the UK , I must add a £25 bank transfer charge though :cry: So it pays to put together a big order - not sure if its the same where you are though . No Paypal .

Schuster.ru will also make you one off items , if you can provide them with originals , or precise instructions of what you want .

All in all , highly recommended , but be prepared to wait ..

Horrido !
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Hustedt

Post by Hustedt »

Moin,

we placed a $2,000 order with them about a year ago and everything arrived as promised. It took about 2 months from ordering to receivement. Got stuck in Danish customs for 1 week.
Payment can be troublesome as you can only do banktransfer to their account in Latvia (I believe it was Latvia). But, we had no problems as such, just some extra charges for the transfer.

Quality is outstanding, especially their Russian stuff!
I have a German M40 Feldbluse from them and it's superb - beats every Asian vendor on fit and quality.

They will do your measures at a tiny cost and their regular sizes fit like the originals I've tried on.

My experience is that they're often involved in theatre and movie productions and because of this, they may be hard to get hold on via E-mail. Keep in mind that Sergei, the guy usaully replying on mails, is a reenactor himself, so sometimes they're away for some time.
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

I would love to see some photos from people who have ordered wool uniforms, specifically tunics. Just be nice to have some non-seller shots of the wool and details.

Thanks
Hustedt

Post by Hustedt »

Tried my best but my SS Iphone doesn't show the nice colours of the wool.. Attached a photo from last year to give a better idea of the colour. Yes, the tunic was shortened as per my request, but not by Schuster. When received, it had a lenght of an original sample in that size.

Hustedt

Post by Hustedt »

Forgot to add: If the tunic looks wide on the hanger, it's because my M40 trousers are inside on the hanger as well...
Pies

Post by Pies »

Have ordered from there three times, service was very good, orders arrived straight to door. Bank transfer was through a Latvian bank and went without a hitch through OPs internet service.
VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

I brought a Pionier Axe cover from him.
It wasn't on the shelf so took 2-3 weeks for him to make but I got it last month and its pretty good.
Also I paid him via paypal. +10% he would rather not but it was the only option I had.
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
Halle

Post by Halle »

He does Paypal now ... Interesting . Even adding 10% , that makes smaller orders possible ! :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Karl-heinz Henschel

Post by Karl-heinz Henschel »

The Tunic looks really nice. And the buttons look much better than the thin ones normally found on the Asian Tunics.
Scheisse passiert wenn man nackt feiert

mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

Sergei is doing a good job! I have his V-neck jumper and I wear it "off duty" in normal life. Excellent quality, very robust, I am wearing it for a year now and it looks fine, also after machine washing not loosing its form.
I have an M43 cap, good quality as well. The wool has the right quality and colour for late war.
WW1 Zeltbahn is absolutely correct as well, good tailored, robust material, correct details.
I agree, communication takes time and paypal is only possible if you pay the fee yourself. But all in all I can warmly recommend his stuff. In particular the V-neck jumper is great : - )
Felix the Kraut

HE Sergei! Do I get a discount now ;-)
Only joking, everything fine with this supplier!

Return to “General”