It looks cool so I just picked one up.
No votes
I earned mine (black)
No votes
I earned mine (Silver)
No votes
I earned mine (Gold)
No votes
I got my left nut blown off in the Führers hideout (1944 badge)
No votes
It's the only original I can afford
No votes
My persona I reenact had one so I need it for the impression
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 0

sparky

Re: How did you "earn" your wound badge?

Post by sparky »

In our group (Das reich) the only way you are awarded a wound badge is to require hospital treatment for an injury sustained during reenactment.
The only exception being Nige who chopped off half his finger the day before and still managed to drive 100 odd miles and attend the event albeit in considerable pain fully bandaged, it was a worthy award for him.
Doing this keeps the bling down a bit, also for our Russian front medal you have to attend a reenactment in Russia during the winter.

I see a lot of groups wearing awards/badges just given as they fancy blingng up a bit or been in the group a while one word describes it FARB!
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

It really is a eye opener how some reenactors hate to see awards being worn without being "earned". Ask a reenactor dressed as 101st airborne what all the badges are for :lol:

If injured, in kit, at a event and the injury warrants medical attention, or at the groups senior members discression. Thats how my mob do it :wink:

Regards.

Gary
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

sparky wrote:In our group (Das reich) the only way you are awarded a wound badge is to require hospital treatment for an injury sustained during reenactment.
The only exception being Nige who chopped off half his finger the day before and still managed to drive 100 odd miles and attend the event albeit in considerable pain fully bandaged, it was a worthy award for him.
Doing this keeps the bling down a bit, also for our Russian front medal you have to attend a reenactment in Russia during the winter.

I see a lot of groups wearing awards/badges just given as they fancy blingng up a bit or been in the group a while one word describes it FARB!
I've been in hospital for treatment and X-ray :x I got proof still got all paperwork
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Jaws wrote:It really is a eye opener how some reenactors hate to see awards being worn without being "earned". Ask a reenactor dressed as 101st airborne what all the badges are for :lol:

If injured, in kit, at a event and the injury warrants medical attention, or at the groups senior members discression. Thats how my mob do it :wink:

Regards.

Gary
I don't mind it and sometimes find that it's too suppressed now, tons of medals and badges in the original pictures. And so many reenactors represent the "vet" look, and the vets after a couple months at the front will have pinned some metal to their tunic by then. I wear EK2, Inf Ass, for my early war look, and add the black wound badge and EK1 for mid-late. Some frown, but representing a frontline officer with 4 years on the field...I think it's very realistic. Plus I was awarded those and more in my reenacment in Canada....but straying off topic...back to the wound badges...
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

I dont do germans tho, but i always ask them for their medals, how did they earn them, you gotta admit its interesting to hear battlefield stories. :)
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

I will be wearing once once i get the darn thing as my persona has 1 (need to edit my background to remove one after some discussion with others), I have a nackered back due to a car accident on the way to an event many moons ago, so I added a suitable event to my personas history to explain the buggered back, and therefore the wound badge, its also the reason my persona switched from being a combat falshirmjager to a feldgendarm falshirmjager, (back was injured in a bad drop, so cant jump anymore)
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

for cracking a rib falling by falling on the bayonet and scabbard, then did the same thing 2 shows later. should have learnt first time round. Citation issued by the officer in charge. now all kit goes round the back when doing a re enactment battle
graham
woestijnvoske

Post by woestijnvoske »

during a hand to hand combat fell on my gasmaskcan, cracking a backbone. I was very lucky it wasn't broken, or I would be in wheelchair now...
grenadier Biermann

woestijnvoske wrote:during a hand to hand combat fell on my gasmaskcan, cracking a backbone. I was very lucky it wasn't broken, or I would be in wheelchair now...
:o :shock: Hand to hand combat is against health and safety rules :!: :) Don't do it again :!: :lol:
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Seems like these gas masks are more dagerous than anything for us reenactors!

Hand, to hand combat...we did it all the time, just wrapped our bayonet in duct tabe and then beat away!
Arthur

grenadier Biermann

Yes it's true but we are responsible for our self lads and it was our choice for this , just be more careful and use common sense tight your tin properly don't let it fly-move around and you safe ! There's nothing else you can do about it Not wearing a gas mask during the war was criminal offence !!!
Last edited by grenadier Biermann on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oberleutnant Ulrich

grenadier Biermann wrote:Yes it's true but we are responsible for our self lads and it was our choice for this , just be more careful and use common sense tight your tin properly don't let it fly-move around and you safe ! There's nothing else you can't do about it Not wearing a gas mask during the war was criminal offence !!!
Good thing I'm a Leutnant now, no need to wear it in most cases :mrgreen:

In Unsere Mütter unsere Väter

The Winter brothers (Ones an Officer) come up the bar and their friend sees them and asks:

"Where's your kit?" refering to the officer.

Schütze Winter replies:

"The man is a Lieutenant now..."
Arthur

jlmod

Post by jlmod »

Jaws wrote:It really is a eye opener how some reenactors hate to see awards being worn without being "earned". Ask a reenactor dressed as 101st airborne what all the badges are for :lol:

Regards.

Gary

And I agree with that totally Gary.
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

Bill Medland wrote:
Bill, so was the muzzle right next to your arm? Was a blank used?
Yes, that was the "good old days" long before health and safety.

Once I recieved burns due to a Molotov Cocktail setting fire to my greatcoat at Tavistock!..... those days haha.
Hi Bill,
Gus here - ex BRA 352 Uglies, got my wound badge in black a couple of years after you at a public show Bushey or Possibly Chigwell metropolitan Police show, in the final hand to hand Hamish MacLeod of the 101st Airborne tried to throttle me from behind with his garrand only trouble is he didnt get it under my chin instead the mag floor plate mashed my lips against my teeth splitting them wide open - there was a lot of blood. The criterion of requiring actual medical attention by medical professionals was admirably met. Still got a ding in my lip where a chunk 'went missing' fortunatley I only ever got the one injury so black grade was as far as I got.

Nice to see some people from my era still active on these forums :)
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

As an SBG member, all my bling has been earned, with some bling awarded to me by an SS Vet. Got my wound badge for getting hurt at Beltring many years ago. The scar has nearly faded now.

Return to “General”