Another wanker having his say

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Gliderinf

Re: Another wanker having his say

Post by Gliderinf »

Algemain uniforms are not worn in the feild - so they are completely out of place at most reenactments.

Do people do a proper German homefront parade wearing them ? no you just get promenaders giving out handy newspaper headlines.

Would I be "offended" by a proper German homefront parade with 500 Black/white uniforms / flags / party officials / and the Fuhrer himself ?

Not in the slightest - I'd be pretty impressed. But would it give no end of amunition to the rose tinted fuckwits ? yes it would.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

majorsmith wrote:cant see the problem with the article, maybe you should have read it first? hes just asking a question, and not saying anything derogotive about WW2 German re-enactors
I think perhaps you should reread it. As glider inf says, its someone having yet another pop at WSS reenactors, and the reason I posted it here.
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Having said that - I have no objection to HJ and BDM uniforms - and would hope that most don't. and they are also political uniforms - although ones that folks had little choice about wearing. And although folks like to pretend its not the same thing - the scouts both here and in the US were just as politicized as were the HJ and are exactly the same thing.

While I do find churchill / monty / spivs / patton / and bsically anything else promenaders dress up as = extremely offencive.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Olly wrote:Indeed and in his final statement he makes the point it's fine to re-enact German units, as long as it's done well and without the political element.
any idea of what the political element might be?
I have seen all types of German reenactors doing salutes.
I dont see reenactors wearing swazi armbands either.
Halle

Post by Halle »

He means reenact the military side of it by all means , just don't actually BE a Nazi while you do it . Remember , the Waffen SS is still seen as a political force by many people , and many historians .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

the fact people - including some so called historians - don't actually know their history - is no reason not to reenact some of the finest formations of this or any war.

All armies are fighting for political ends and on behalf of political masters - wether they want to do so - or wether they agree with there political masters view. If we cant do waffen SS then we cant do most things.

Whatever a soldiers politics may be - we are portraying soldiers - not politicians.

Christ you get sick of this conversation - over and over and over.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Halle

Post by Halle »

No problem , I'll leave it there then :wink:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
otto ziegler

Post by otto ziegler »

Ive read worse, at least he made a few positive comments. take it on the chin imagine if someone actually wrote a pro german renactor artical? probably get strung up
2Kp Pzr Gren Rgt Groβdeutschland

Return to “General”