"My way" korean war movie - Wehrmacht ost battalion

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Rosselsprung

"My way" korean war movie - Wehrmacht ost battalion

Post by Rosselsprung »

Was perusing the dvd shelf of the local tesco when i chanced upon a dvd with two distinctly oriental lads in wehrmacht uniform..a few reviews later and i decided to pick it up to see how a korean film maker would fare bringing a lesser known aspect of ww2 to life..story inspired by photo of an oriental (korean)POW being interrogated in Normandy..story revolves around the experiences of two soldiers, one japanese, one a korean IJA conscript, who fight in the russo/japanese wars, then fight the germans as russian pows sent to the eastern front, then end up in an ost battalion on the eve of D-day..apart from a few glitches and compressing of events, not too bad. have a look!
Rosselsprung
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: "My way" korean war movie - Wehrmacht ost battalion

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

I second that! Worth seeing for sure! The thing that bothered me most was the German Major with longish hair, but a minor thing.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

The thing that bothered me was the airborne jumping during the day right near the beach... I loved everything except for the Normandy scenes. Those sucked.
Kampfgruppe Steiner
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

The other little flaw i noticed is their arm shields.They are wearing shields for the Turkistan Legion..They were inland in more of southern france.The osttruppen on the beach's were POA (Russian Army of Liberation) and Georgian Legion.I also portray a Georgian and Russian Ost-truppen stationed in Normandy.
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie

Return to “General”