whats the name of the that made a programme

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

nilznl

Re: whats the name of the that made a programme

Post by nilznl »

John Wilson wrote: I'm not trying to say anything about skinheads, you are.
I don't want to debate about skinheads either.
I know you know nothing about skinheads.
It's time you stopped using the internet for "shock journalist words".

John Sweeney tried to find a link between Nazi groups in Europe and WW2 re-enactment, he failed and you will too.
I think there is a large difference between me and him. He was actively trying to prove there is, I am hoping to find out there isn't.

I may not know everything there is to know about skinheads, but one of the things I do know is that a Cock Sparrer show attracts all kinds of skins (and punks), which already is infinitely more than the average member of the public knows about skins.

I do (now) understand why you would mistrust me or see me as something other than I am and if I've given the wrong impression I apologize for that.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

I'm pleased that you say sorrry.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
nelz

Post by nelz »

nilznl wrote:
Regardless of Sweeney's objectional work, my point still stands. The way he portrays us, is how a large part of the general public sees us. He is appealing to a prejudice many people share with him :wink:
On what evidence is this based - ( large part of the public ) ..... assumptions again ?

So why do thousands of Public flock to these events ? I assume it's because the content of the shows and it's participants is entertaining and educational - not that the ( large part of the public ) share the prejudice of Mr Sweeney.

This subject is an old POTATO especially on this forum and many others.

You have apologized , no need ,but appreciated, freedom of speech ,..... only think before making assumptions about the German re-enactment community on here.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Irland-redaktion

Post by Irland-redaktion »

Nilznl you do not have to apologise to anyone here nor should anyone here be accepting an apology from you for razing the points you razed. I can understand perfectly your post when you showed a comparison in context between this hobby with ska skins and the white supremacy neo nazi scum who infiltrated the skinhead culture and then poisoned it. Being an ex ska skin from 1982-89 I know exactly what I’m talking about having lived in London during some of those years were I saw and heard it all.
This hobby also has its neo nazis lurking about but they are in a very small minority and it’s up to each of us how we deal with it either individually or as a group, most people will avoid the subject for fear of rocking the boat and the fear of excommunicating themselves from the hobby or loosing their new found friends, as for me I don’t give a damn what people think of my opinions on neo nazism within the skinhead cult or this hobby.

I hope you find your way and congratulations on your beautiful daughter.
JONV1969

Post by JONV1969 »

All I can say on this, is that I've been to The War And Peace Show for several years in a row.
Only conversations I've heard, whether beer tents or in private in a tent, have been about football, music, general militaria. If I ever heard someone say anything of a politically incorrect nature there, I'd punch them on the nose and probably never go there again !
" A squid eating dough in a polyethalene bag is fast and bulbous, got me ? "

Return to “General”