WAR AND PEACE SHOW POST WRITE UP

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

TIGER RIDER
Administrator

WAR AND PEACE SHOW POST WRITE UP

Post by TIGER RIDER »

WAR AND PEACE SHOW POST WRITE UP.
Well....what can be said that hasn’t been said already.....we came...We conquered...we survived...I won’t go into great lengths of the whys and why not’s but just say to all those who braved the weather, mud and at time bad conditions but saw it out to the end of brilliant weather...THANKYOU..NO WORDS CAN EXPLAIN IT PEOPLE...THANKYOU....To those groups/individuals that decided to believe the hype and rumours on the net and not turn up in case they got a little bit wet.....TAKE UP ANOTHER HOBBY...I WAS LEFT WITH EMPTY PLOTS.....NO CALLS TO LET US NO IF YOU WERE RETURNING....if I go on it will take hours on this subject alone!!

A massive thanks to all the groups and people that helped everyone get to their plots...We did it guys and girls, despite the weather...despite people posting photos over 5 days old saying this is living history field now!!.....to NORMANDY44 for allowing literally everything to pass through their display to get to the field.....Das Reich for helping out in a sticky situation and looking after the bottom end of the field...EAST OF England Tank guys..Awesome help with the dozer and big grey tracky thing you had!!....and NORTH LONDON BARMY ARMY....yes....without these guys that site would not have been ready...for their help in getting so much done on our field and helping out groups...towing tanks and everything else....despite the confusion guys!!Lol....SECOND BATTLE GROUP...using their ½ track like it was invading Poland! Thanks guys....KP1....transporting peoples stuff....loan of a trailer....awsome.....
If i have forgotten anyone im sorry.....,,so many helped out...so ...next year(well see yet!!).....those who actually turned up ....priorty groups!!!..thjose that bottled out...pick another field..nuff said...
Finally my team...without them none of this would happen..
Danny
Lee
Nick
Tony
Mike
Euan
Brooke
Nathan..my rock..my son..
Peace out and much love and big big thanks..xxxx
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
dagda

Re: WAR AND PEACE SHOW POST WRITE UP

Post by dagda »

As I said you at the time, you did a great job in a world of shit. Well done Greg and all the team.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Well done Greg :wink:

Regards Pipes
geoffpara

Post by geoffpara »

Just wanted to give my thanks for the obvious hard work that had gone on behind the scenes by everyone, both staff, reenactors and MVT enthusiasts, to make this year's show a success and wasn't overcome by the abysmal weather. Special thanks to the staff in trying to keep the ablutions clean and useable in those circumstances... Well done, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Geoff
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Greg had a great time , as i met old friends and made new ones and the people we fab as well coming and going, my thanks to you and the lads and girls for a great show as ever. See you there next year. Mairtin
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

On behalf of "Das Reich", thank you Gregg and team. Best in show goes to you my friends for all the help you gave us even in the gravest weather and under apallling conditions, you guys were the BEST.

Any assistance we gave, and will continue to give you guys is nothing compared to what we get in return.
Be proud Gregg, no false modesty now. You were BRILLIANT!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

Reich Crispies wrote:On behalf of "Das Reich", thank you Gregg and team. Best in show goes to you my friends for all the help you gave us even in the gravest weather and under apallling conditions, you guys were the BEST.

Any assistance we gave, and will continue to give you guys is nothing compared to what we get in return.
Be proud Gregg, no false modesty now. You were BRILLIANT!

:oops: :oops: arrrr..thanks neil....means a lot m8..

all in all reminded me of the old days when we all..no matter what we portrayed or liked or disliked....came together and helped everyone...but neil...as always m8 above and beyond from you lot....thanks everyone,,,
xx
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
barryG

Post by barryG »

The show was brilliant, we arrived Monday and it wasnt half as bad as some had led people to believe. Our pitch was excellent and even nine return trips to the car to set up our little bit was all part of the laugh! SBG were superb, getting Petes lorry to our pitch and the marshalls and organisers were brilliant.

What was good for us as a group was again ferrying the Allo! Allo! cast around and the fact that Gruber remembered us from last year. On all the days we carried him on our 222 he thanked us all profusely..... what a real gent.

Cant wait till next year :D
superjay
Location: the marquis of lorne 9 mill road gillingham kent me7 1hl

Post by superjay »

us lot from hermanns heroes under the kg schack banner had nine glorious days, shame it didn't snow!!!, great to be next to das reich again, magic people. hope we get the same plot next year. gregg, you and your team are olympic gold.
a winter war and peace hmmm now there's an idea!!!!! :lol:
regards jay.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Very regrettably, our group pulled out from this event. I contacted Rex at the time, and I have since messaged Greg after he posted his message.

Every group and group leader made their respective decisions whether to stay or to pull out, I'm sure all were valid given their own circumstances. Personally, I was bitterly disappointed as this was the first War and Peace event I have missed in 13 years, but... for our own reasons, we couldn't afford to risk damage to our main display piece. Rex very kindly stated that he understood our reasons and decision and hopes to see us back next year.

By the way, I heard about the dummy periscope and sign left on our pitch, I wish I'd have thought of that one first :lol:
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

Schäfer wrote:Very regrettably, our group pulled out from this event. I contacted Rex at the time, and I have since messaged Greg after he posted his message.

Every group and group leader made their respective decisions whether to stay or to pull out, I'm sure all were valid given their own circumstances. Personally, I was bitterly disappointed as this was the first War and Peace event I have missed in 13 years, but... for our own reasons, we couldn't afford to risk damage to our main display piece. Rex very kindly stated that he understood our reasons and decision and hopes to see us back next year.

By the way, I heard about the dummy periscope and sign left on our pitch, I wish I'd have thought of that one first :lol:
kev.....as always mate totally understand the situation..i was made aware you would not be displaying with the u-boat and thank you for letting us no....didnt mean the above first post to include you guys m8.......many thanks kev....

:D
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

TIGER RIDER wrote:
Schäfer wrote:Very regrettably, our group pulled out from this event. I contacted Rex at the time, and I have since messaged Greg after he posted his message.

kev.....as always mate totally understand the situation..i was made aware you would not be displaying with the u-boat and thank you for letting us no....didnt mean the above first post to include you guys m8.......many thanks kev....

:D
No Problem, Greg, I have complete and utter respect for you, personally, and for the W & P staff in general.
I realised you never meant it personally.
All the best :wink: .
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

superjay

Post by superjay »

I think greg should think about a winter w&p, we had so much fun in the mud, however, would the traders brave the cold!!, maybe one year on a small scale this will happen with luck and alcoholic bribes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

superjay wrote:I think greg should think about a winter w&p, we had so much fun in the mud, however, would the traders brave the cold!!, maybe one year on a small scale this will happen with luck and alcoholic bribes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

well.....a "freeze your nuts off" event is being looked into at this present time....

not through w&p show but a seperate enterprise...watch this space!!! :wink:
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
superjay

Post by superjay »

great news, i shall indeed 'watch this space', fort amherst would be a good venue (not just because its two minutes away).
regards. jay

Return to “General”