How do you "RATE" a Re-enactor?

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Hoffman Grink

How do you "RATE" a Re-enactor?

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I mean......

What makes you look at someone and say - "There goes a re-enactor"

How do you make up your mind who is credible and who isn't?

Don't name names obvioulsy as it could be embarrasing and don't use this as a gig at certain factions. I'm genuinely interested in how your mind works when you look at a particular geezer of bird and you go "Good, Bad or Indifferent".

Does the group have any bearing on it? Or the lack of one?

Does the amount of kit someone owns? or the way they do it with very little?

Is it the achievements you know about that make you think - Hmmmm?

Or is it just that so an so is a nice bloke and always speaks etc.?

What is the chemistry that says - Right or Wrong?

Can we discuss? WITHOUT IDing ANYONE.....
dieter

Post by dieter »

to me what make's a reenactor is his or her attitude. maybe there kit is not a 100% correct but if they are willing to improve, get involved, reserch, and have a laugh. then thats all that matters. oh and they must have plenty of spare tobbacco as i always forget mine :roll: :lol:
ein volk, ein reich, ein ME????

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
65ste nachrichtan abteilung / 85ste Gebirgsjager regt
(aka Scott Davies, aka oi you! yeah you!)
supermario

what makes you a good reenactor

Post by supermario »

I think what makes a good reenactor is the depth of portrayal.
Someone who has done their research, acquired the evidence then sets about an authentic representation. Passion for the subject, and the knowledge to inform and speak to MOP. Anecdotes from vets are always good, and broadens your own knowledge. (Remember one fallschirmjager vet, when asked if we looked ok, said ' You look spot on, but you don't smoke enough!)

Even if you don't have the finances to purchase everything at once, the desire to know what is right, accept that and still work towards it makes you a good reenactor too.

Speaking the lingo is a bonus too! 8)

352nd

Post by 352nd »

i usually tend to rate a re-enactor as genuine if he's got field equipment on, personal items in his uniform and if he takes part in battles. It's the ones who look more like combat troops and not like some bits of east german officer's uniform slapped together that i rate as re-enactors.
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

Return to “Anything WWII!”