Ebay Screwups

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Feldwebel

Ebay Screwups

Post by Feldwebel »

Unfortunately, my (reasonably) cheap original M42 helmet from ebay seems to be slipping from my grasp. Dunno what's happened with the seller but I've had no contact with him since I won the helmet on sunday afternoon. What's strange, or maybe not if you know what's going on, is that on monday evening ebay showed the user as "No Longer Registered" and all his other auctions disappeared.
I've tried to email the seller twice, and called the phone number in his details twice with no answer, so looks like I've been screwed over.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Have you sent payment?
Formerly of GD Recon.
Feldwebel

Post by Feldwebel »

Luckily my paypal account screwed up so I would have had to send a postal cheque. Was waiting for a response to an email before I sent the money though.Never know with ebay, maybe he was a fraud and maybe not.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

That's lucky. Someone must have reported him to e-bay.
Formerly of GD Recon.
Feldwebel

Post by Feldwebel »

Strange thing was that he had good feedback from 3 people who'd bought things from him a few days before me.
Feldwebel

Post by Feldwebel »

So now I have to search for another helmet, but would rather not go straight to Richard Underwood, so while looking at SoF's I was wondering what model their helmets are? All they advertise is "German helmet" and looking at their photo's a few (the larger ones) look like M42s with the flared rim, but others look like earlier models.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

I think most are M42's though they do have the occassional M35.
Formerly of GD Recon.
Feldwebel

Post by Feldwebel »

Cheers for that info. What're the liners like in them though, any idea? If they're reasonable, then I've found my supplier. I'd buy from Richard Underwood but last time he took a bit too long in my opinion (maybe a bit fussy) on the processing of some reasonably simple items.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Ring Roobarb up (Not this week he's abroad on a film job)
Ask him when he's next at a fair and where it is. Malvern is coming up I believe.
Tell him you are looking for a helmet - model and size and ask him to have one. Then you turn up and honour your half of the process. Buy the damned lid and be happy.
W@FFEN

Post by W@FFEN »

I have an M42 original I dont need,size 68,repro liner ,came from France,battlefield find,but totally useable,if anyone is interested,I could post a couple of pics up...
W@FFEN
SS.Kriegsberichter
Schnelle Gruppe Nord
Feldwebel

Post by Feldwebel »

Thanks for the offers and advice guys, but in fact, about twenty minutes ago, the guy called my house and the issue was sorted. Sounds above board, it's a Polish guy and ebay suspended his account 'cos they wanted more info from him. Said he gets the lids from Germany and sells them at militaria fairs over here.
So basically, I will get the helmet after all.
W@FFEN

Post by W@FFEN »

You can see the helmet on me on the right in these pics,
W@FFEN
SS.Kriegsberichter
Schnelle Gruppe Nord
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

I'd buy it!

Return to “Anything WWII!”