A Warning about WWII era German lighters..

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
RZM

A Warning about WWII era German lighters..

Post by RZM »

ImageI've been sick for over a month. Couldn't figure out what was wrong. Fatigue,headaches,nausea,numbness in my hands and feet,confusion...at first I thought it was lead exposure. The symptoms are the same. Or even Lyme disease. I was tested for both and the results were negative. It turns out I was carrying that German lighter and using it daily as I'm a smoker. I kept it in my jeans pocket. The type of lighter I have does not screw on but slides on tightly. Even so it leaks. Turns out the lighter fluid was absorbing through my skin making me horribly sick. If you have these types of lighters for your impression,carry them in your rucks or A frame bags!
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
les hearn

Re: A Warning about WWII era German lighters..

Post by les hearn »

wow thanks for heads up on this

good to hear ya ok now tho
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
RZM

Re: A Warning about WWII era German lighters..

Post by RZM »

Thanks Kamerad..not a problem. It was driving me crazy. I couldnt figure out what was wrong with me,and my doc was baffled. I should add that I kept getting red marks on my skin by where my front pockets are on my jeans,and they burned. I always kept it in my front pockets. One day I put the lighter in my back pocket,and got the same burn on my arsch,lol..finally realised what was happening,and sure enough,I had petrolium distillates in my blood. Feels awful and I'd hate to see anyone else go through this.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."

Return to “Anything WWII!”