Puma und Adidas

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Hoffman Grink

Puma und Adidas

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Recent news about the rift between the two Sports manufacturers led me to do a bit of light reading -

Without boring everyone with the detail - Brothers Rudolf and Adolf Dassler (Rudolf formed Ruda, later Puma and Adolf formed Adidas) ran a show factory during the war - Production was turned over to would you believe it - THE PANZERSCHRECK! - Often fact is stranger than fiction don't you think?

Another fascinating trivia is that they supplied running shoes to Jesse Owens at the Berlin Olympics....... and were both Party Members!!!!! do a bit fo reading about them - Google Dassler or Adidas/Puma - there's at least one chuckle in there.
gurowski

Re: Puma und Adidas

Post by gurowski »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Recent news about the rift between the two Sports manufacturers led me to do a bit of light reading -

Without boring everyone with the detail - Brothers Rudolf and Adolf Dassler (Rudolf formed Ruda, later Puma and Adolf formed Adidas) ran a show factory during the war - Production was turned over to would you believe it - THE PANZERSCHRECK! - Often fact is stranger than fiction don't you think?

Another fascinating trivia is that they supplied running shoes to Jesse Owens at the Berlin Olympics....... and were both Party Members!!!!! do a bit fo reading about them - Google Dassler or Adidas/Puma - there's at least one chuckle in there.
I will add that to my info file that currently only holds Hugo Boss
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

One was right and the other one wasn't
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Read about this in the Mail at the weekend. Fascinating stuff...........
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing

Return to “Anything WWII!”