Unexpected finds

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
sparky

Re: Unexpected finds

Post by sparky »

car boot finds
loads of ww2 brit stuff, binos, water bottles etc nothing seems to cost more than £2!
a dienstbrille original case for 20p
an original grossdeutschland cut off armband that i sold for a tidy profit at the time
regret it now though :cry:
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

i found a mint condition pair of kriegsmarine binos in their case '42 dated in a little antique shop in leeds
the guy said they are a nice pair of binos, quite powerful.
he was asking 28 quid for them but he let me have them for 25.
money out of pocket so fast it left blisters and scorching to my hand!!!!!!!!

my micky once found an original dated gasmask and tin.(mint condition!!!!!!!!!!)...in the bushes outside a post office in marl(germany)
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

:shock: Some great finds so far. You would have thought after 14 years in the Antique business I would have picked up something. So far siltch :? One dealer did give me an original party badge that was missing the pin but I've not really spotted anything myself. What I do find costs a fortune. Last week a K98 bayonet, no matching numbers went at auction for over £60.00 :shock:
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

JDR

Post by JDR »

K98 Bayonet and scabbard matching numbers off ebay for £16.00

Horndean show original HJ Badge £2.50
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

In the early 80's up in Leeds at a fancy dress shop I picked up a pre war pair of BD trousers ('37 pat) with a medical discharge chit in the first field dressing pocket for a Sgt dated 1945 for £6, I nearly ripped the shop owners arm off!

From the same place a 1956 dated Brit PARA helmet for £6 as well!

I also aquired x1 Heeres (dated 1933) and x1 Luftwaffe (dated 1937) lockers out in Bielefeld recently all the bloke wanted was 2 lockers so I got hold of x2 Brit Army 1970's lockers and did a straight swap!

My Grandpa gave me an Irvin flying jacket he had in his cellar back in the early 80's, I sold it for £35 DOH! :cry:

Cheers,

Mark.
In memory of Tim Browning 1964-2011
"A Gentleman and a Scholar"

Return to “Anything WWII!”