272nd Infantry Division

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Hannibal Brooks

272nd Infantry Division

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

Our primary impression is that of an MG42 team of Grenadier Regt 980, Infanterie Division 272, in the Caen sector of the battle for Normandy.

The 272nd was formed in 1943. It was sent to France later that year and was engaged in training near Perpignan on the Mediteranean coast. Following D Day, it was sent to the Normandy front, where it replaced the exhausted 1SS and 12th panzer divisions on the front line on July 13. The 272nd suffered heavy casualties in the Normandy battles of July and August and was sent back to Germany to rebuild.

The division (now the 272 Volksgrenadier Division) went on to fight with distinction in the Battle of Huertgen Forest. It’s final major engagement was the defence of the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen. The division was destroyed in the Roer pocket in March/April 1945.

Our aim is to represent the typical infantryman fighting in France and later in Germany from the summer of 1944 to the spring of 1945.

http://www.wehrmacht.co.uk
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Re: 272nd Infantry Division

Post by Alex »

we are a non-exclusive group looking to attract interest out there with anyone wanting to do a wehrmacht infantryman impression.

You don't have to sign anything or pay us money, but if there is a show you would like to do, or if you have a weekend free, you are very welcome to come along with us. No bling-bandits, generals, compulsive networkers, showboaters, control freaks or goose-steppers. Or, maybe, but we'll throw you in the river :)

We look forward to representing the "forgotten 90%" and try to bring re-enactment, in our own small way, that little bit further.

List of events to be published shortly, please get in touch if you are interested.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

[quote="Alex"]

You don't have to sign anything or pay us money, but if there is a show you would like to do, or if you have a weekend free, you are very welcome to come along with us. No bling-bandits, generals, compulsive networkers, showboaters, control freaks or goose-steppers. Or, maybe, but we'll throw you in the river :)

Greetings :D who isnt on that list on here? :lol: :lol: :lol: regards Peiper (ps: i think im under the catagory "compulsive networker")
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

oh, I don't know! my experiences with re-enactors is that in the main they are just a broad cross-section of society! I mean Peiper, if you came along with us to a show you'd muck in with us wouldn't you? That's what I am getting at.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hi gang :D
Alex wrote:oh, I don't know! my experiences with re-enactors is that in the main they are just a broad cross-section of society! I mean Peiper, if you came along with us to a show you'd muck in with us wouldn't you? That's what I am getting at.

Certainly Alex :wink: , i was just kidding my friend :lol: :lol: just my feeble attempt at humour and failing im afraid :? ive decided to take on a Cavalier attitude recently seeing as how i have ruffled a few feathers on here :roll: (see posts), does it show? :lol: :lol: :lol: warmest regards and good luck with the events :wink:

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”