Rise of the Totenkopf

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Hans Gowert

Re: Rise of the Totenkopf

Post by Hans Gowert »

totenkopf and GD, now that would be a nice recreation of history :)

Tom
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

Well, AFRA or not, I do think that totenkopf is a minefield for the UK. Any shows lined up? I will refer to the Mitchell and Webb sketch! Hans reenacting ;)

and Herr Grink, your comments are noticed and welcomed.
Muller

Post by Muller »

shows, now theres a question....

Beltring, we may dip our toes and see what happens, ive seen a lot worse there like the SA man stomping around and those that feel the need to dress up as the furher, Taliban sucide bombers in the beer tent :shock: on a scale of 1 to 10 were do we compare :?

We would very much like to do Victory show, got the form through a couple of days ago, being next to the GD boys in the trench opo the soviets would suit us hint hint :wink:

We understand the ramifications of the impression, we are all seasoned re-enactors with many years of experience behind us, but life would be a tad boring if we did not push the bounderies now and again. I am sure there are people plotting to nip us in the bud before we are even started but thats life and we will push on regardless. For those that have been around long enough to know where we have come from, the units that we have been in and have shared good kameradshaft with us over the years know our intentsions are honerable.
We only seek to portray the average fighting man of the Totenkopf, they, like most were victims of their times. To airbrush them from history because of what they represent is at odds from many from the Division that were awarded some of Germanys highest decorations for bravery.

We look forward to seeing you in the field, I guess we will be the small group of people stuck at the far end of the show ground just by the toilets and recilcle bins on the way out :lol: :wink:

As always, best regards Dan.
nelz

Post by nelz »

I would not under rate your reception of this portrayal,..... you have given the Totenkopf option very serious consideration, and with the culmination of years of re enacting experience , there is no reason why it should not be received in the light you are intending,...The Fighting Soldat.
Best of luck, and as already mentioned, you have the support of our community.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Totenkopf has been done at Beltring before.

As well as not knowing the differance between Algameine and Waffen - I cant see there being many folks around who know the differance (or percieved differance) between say 2nd and 3rd ??

To the public - surely the "Adolph Hitler" cuff title is more likely to offend than Totenkopf :?
Gliderinf / Luftlande
wizz

Post by wizz »

Well done lads, you portray a unit with an enviable fighting reputation, as Totenkopf display the death's head rather than the standard SS Siegrune I doubt that many will have a clue as to what you are doing! I look forward to seeing you out and about.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Well done to you good sirs and good luck ,SS Nord had very close ties with the TK as many of the early Nord troops wore the TK there collars somthing that is often over looked
The 6th and 7th Totenkopf standarten formed the 11 Gib regiment Reinhard Heydrichand the 12th Michael Gaissmair the 9th stayed with Nord till 1943 So with that in Mind I will hold out the hand of Friendship to you and your unit
Another of SS Nord with there TK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Muller

Post by Muller »

I must say i am very humbled by the support shown on this forum for our chosen impression, we will do our best to work with you all and keep to the high standards that we owe them who servred in forces in ww2.

Kindest regards, Muller.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

ill dig out the Tk and GD pictures that are about for you muller. and ill post them up.

Tom
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Hans Gowert wrote:ill dig out the Tk and GD pictures that are about for you muller. and ill post them up.

Tom
Looking forward to those Tom.

Dan
dink

Post by dink »

wizz

Post by wizz »

nice one Dink :P
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Nice to see TK re-enactors!

Yes, a lot of people who aren't educated will confuse TK with KZ, but in Holland they are even worse: They are making a documentary film about the KZ Vught and look at the soldiers:

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg143/th ... p?album=98
http://www.dag.nl/Video/Artikelpagina-V ... nvideo.htm

They aren't KZ guards, but Waffen-SS infantry soldiers of the Totenkopf division! :evil:
They are tampering with history as it is a documentary for the museum in Vught and can be bought later by any school. :x
Last edited by Salacious Crumb on Fri May 15, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
paul das reich

Post by paul das reich »

is it being directed by marloes? :lol:
dink

Post by dink »

I knew one of the chaps wearing uniform was involved in the project(confirmed cos I've seen his pic in the first link by SC), can't remember what was said about it now, quite sure other people will recognise him, so maybes someone could ask his opinion of it, he's on most forums.

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”